blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:56:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bolton GPT: Final - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bolton GPT: Final - Interactive  (Read 73328 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: January 15, 2007, 03:23:02 PM »

honestly back home they call Karl the Walsallonian bulldozer..................................... his name is Karlosssssssssssssssssss marfaaaaaaaaalousssssssssssss mahztradaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lol, missed this earlier.

Not sure it'll catch on.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:35:27 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #466 on: January 15, 2007, 05:26:10 PM »

Hi Snoopy,

I think it is great what you and Jen do, I havent met Tikay as yet maybe soon if I qualify for EPT Monte Carlo or one of the other events no doubt I will. I am getting closer and closer to making a firmer move into making poker my true path. The bankroll from the Sunday $750k win and the 4th spot money will help (although my wife's nabbed half for looking after the kids all weekend).

What I love about poker is you can act whichever way you want at the table but when you need to wield the axe you can do it mercilessly without people realising what is happening. Lawrence Gosney knows first hand as he was trying to bait me before I took half his stack away on Day 2 (when he was probably one of the chip leaders).

I was in 2nd position and the raised it up 3 yellow chips (15k) blinds were 1500 3000 I think. Everyone else folded to Lawrence who was in the BB. He called to see the flop. The flop came down something like  . He announced All in straightaway doing all the betting for me. I called turning  and he had   

Cant remember the turn and river but neither hand improved immensely then we went for the break. Oucho.

Maybe he saw me as an easy fish target to start putting under some pressure and I am not sure why he thought a raise to 15k was strange. He thought i was weak and bluffing for not raising more modestly or may have put me on 
perhaps.

Would be interesting to hear back from Lawrence to see what he thought as the only information I gave was the raise. I had gambled my tournament life a few orbits earlier when up against an all in from the pokernightlive presenter. I had  to his  and i felt that in a coin flip I would be a possible winner. So I am guessing he thought I was loose which in fact was the only really loose play i made in the first 16 levels of the tournament.

Anyway kids need my attention as I havent seen them for 3 days.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 09:28:22 AM by crosscourtbh » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2007, 05:40:45 PM »

Lawrence is one of the most unpredictable players on the circuit, you never know what he's going to do next, and that was proven when he shoved it in with the Q-8 only to run into Karl's Aces.

However, his has perhaps been successful due to the aggressive image that he conveys. No one wants to mess around him and they know that if they are going to play a pot with him, they will be tested for all their chips.

He makes his opponents feel uncomfortable, and that's quite a tool to possess. Unfortunately, this weekend, his moves appeared a little rash and his timing seemed off... but he'll be back.

The Poker Night Live presenter is James Browning by the way, a Geordie I think, but you can't win 'em all.

Nice job and remember, you wear the trousers in that house... make sure you get your wife's permission first though. 
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2007, 05:54:01 PM »

A summary of Sunday's events...

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/6826
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 15, 2007, 06:03:29 PM »

Lawrence is one of the most unpredictable players on the circuit, you never know what he's going to do next, and that was proven when he shoved it in with the Q-8 only to run into Karl's Aces.

However, his has perhaps been successful due to the aggressive image that he conveys. No one wants to mess around him and they know that if they are going to play a pot with him, they will be tested for all their chips.

He makes his opponents feel uncomfortable, and that's quite a tool to possess. Unfortunately, this weekend, his moves appeared a little rash and his timing seemed off... but he'll be back.

The Poker Night Live presenter is James Browning by the way, a Geordie I think, but you can't win 'em all.

Nice job and remember, you wear the trousers in that house... make sure you get your wife's permission first though. 

I know what you mean by unpredictable i caught him in the womens loo's...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: January 15, 2007, 06:10:35 PM »

I know what you mean by unpredictable i caught him in the womens loo's...

That's where RED-DOG's most predictable.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 15, 2007, 06:38:29 PM »

Yes, it was James Browning who Greg called with K-9. He - James - discussed it with me at GREAT length.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: