blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:31:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Aussie millions, still in at dinner
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aussie millions, still in at dinner  (Read 19671 times)
Pab

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2007, 09:34:15 AM »

Just made the dinner break on day 1, have around 25k i think, blinds will be 300/600 after dinner with an ante, and we play two more 90 min levels to complete the day. Its been a fustrating day for me, not had any opportunites to build a stack really. A key confrontation was when i raised AK to 1250 (blinds 200/400 - 50)  and a guy shoved making it 5k more for me to call. I make the call and he shows KK, doh, no A and i see my possible jump start dissappear.  Had no big names on my table, but the one next to ours is the feature tv table, and that had an intersting line up of, Phil ivey, gus hansen, enelyn ng, kathy liebert to start the day.  Its been rotated since and hachem is on there now, recieving big cheers from the local crowd anytime he wins a pot, lol.

Gotta shoot now, hopin for a double before the end of play, but wont force anything ( I hope)

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 09:41:38 AM »

Good luck Pab ..... every confidence in you mate.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 09:56:30 AM »

Very best of luck sir, make it count.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:13:03 AM »

good luck pab.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 10:19:10 AM »

Enjoy the 'roo burger....and good luck !
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 10:19:49 AM »

Best of British - sure you can do it.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 10:49:46 AM »

gooooooooooooo  Pab

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 10:59:57 AM »

best of luck Pab....dojn't do anything silly and you'll be fine.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 01:57:14 PM »

Just got back to my room after the last 2 levels of the night and im still in, :-)

Was very eventful session to say the least. Early in the session, i flat call a raise of 2000, (300/600 - 75) with TT on the button, only to see the action go 4 way, eek. Flop was 6 3 2, both blinds checked to the raiser who bet 6k, now i was really stumped here, had no idea what to do with my hand. I ended up calling the 6k, then the SB moved in for like 7k more, but then the original raiser moved in making it an easy fold, but 8k to find out my TT was no good, :-(. Pusher from the blinds had 77, and rasier had QQ, no help for the 7's.

After raising and passin once, then a few more orbits of the blinds, my stack was at a meager, 10k when a ' 7 4 off hand came into play, lol. Im in the BB, and just the SB completes, the flop is K 7 6 and he checks, I minimum bet 600 just to see what happens, he peers over and goes 'whats that? 600?, make it 2500 in his deepest voice, and slams his chips down, lol. I think the only bit ive read in caro's book of tells is the part where he says slammin chips down is weak, so I went with my instict and shoved it in. He immediately looks uncomfortable :-), and passes whatever he had, maybe a better 7, but who knows!. moral of that little story is 7 4 pwns, holla!   lol

No good hands or situations arise then the blinds are pumped to 400/800 - 100, so starting to feel a little desperate again with around 13k. The I get my double up. Im in the BB with AJ clubs and a new guy at the table makes it 2k to play in mid-late position. I think I have too many chips to shove over the raise and have no real info on the player, so i flat call. The flop is A 9 2 rainbow, i check, he bets 2500. This is as good as flop as im going to get, and am not folding with my stack, if im beat im beat. Turn is a Q, i check, he bets 6k, i move in for 5k more. He instantly stands up and says fuck, now im happy. with a resigned look on his face, he calls my additional 5k with QJ, river is an irrelevant A, and im back in business.

A raise and a continuation bet takes me to around 32k, and with 20 mins till the end of the day im comfortable with my chips to come back tomorrw. I get JJ in mid-position and make it 2500 (400/800 - 100) and it folds to the BB, who is the QJ guy from earlier and he announces all in. Its around 14k more to me, just under half my chips. I had a little think, and made the call, he turns over 44. I lost JJ vs 44 earlier in blackpool this year, when i first met tikay, so a stange feeling of deja vu came over me and I could hardly watch the board come down, thankfully this time my hand held and we lost another player!

My final chip count for the night is 51900,  with the levels starting at 500/1000 - 100  tomorrow.  Overall was very pleased with how i played, made a lot of moves when i had chips, some worked, some didnt, but got the lunatic image I wanted. Thanks to all for the good luck messages, will hopefully have a story to tell tomorrow of a full days poker.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 02:00:40 PM »

SHIP IT !!!!

Get a good nights kip, and bitch slap the convicts tomorrow Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »

Keep it going fella!

I lost JJ vs 44 earlier in blackpool this year, when i first met tikay, so a stange feeling of deja vu came over me and I could hardly watch the board come down, thankfully this time my hand held and we lost another player!

Just in case anyone thinks otherwise, it was not me in Blackpool with the 4-4, that was an extraordinary play by 4-4 man! (But it was me with naff all in the Walsall Cash game....)

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 02:06:05 PM »

Nice report sir, and well played.

Good luck for tommorow.

Jak.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 02:10:26 PM »

got the lunatic image I wanted.

get the job done Pirate                 aaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 02:12:58 PM »

Good going Pab - get intae them!!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 02:13:40 PM »

Nice going Young Pab, all the best  

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: