blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Aussie millions, still in at dinner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aussie millions, still in at dinner  (Read 19555 times)
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2007, 12:53:18 AM »

My tabe today...

34 1 CHISWELL, MATHEW W
34 2 STOCKS, CHRISTOPHER S
34 3 RYAN, LEON J
34 4 TOPAKAS, ANDREW L
34 5 BOATMAN, BARNEY
34 6 COOK, SIMON B
34 7 WHITE, COLBY
34 8 GRAY, JASON

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2007, 12:56:05 AM »

Good luck guys.

Any blackjack tournaments going on out there Pab?

No Good m8 - word of your blackjack cheating has reached Australia!! LOL
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2007, 12:56:45 AM »

My tabe today...

34 1 CHISWELL, MATHEW W
34 2 STOCKS, CHRISTOPHER S
34 3 RYAN, LEON J
34 4 TOPAKAS, ANDREW L
34 5 BOATMAN, BARNEY
34 6 COOK, SIMON B
34 7 WHITE, COLBY
34 8 GRAY, JASON

Easy-peasy then!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2007, 01:02:04 AM »

Good luck Simon and Pab, ggggggoooooooooooo get em!!!

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2007, 01:08:45 AM »

good luck guys 

jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2007, 08:42:49 AM »

just gone on lunch on a real downer. i was among the chipleaders, i had about 200k, and lost a 385k pot when my KK went down to TT. I was down to 26k aftre that but have now built up to 70k. very disappointed at the mo. tryuing to clear my head and go back after lunch to try and won it, no limping to the money.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2007, 08:58:47 AM »

just gone on lunch on a real downer. i was among the chipleaders, i had about 200k, and lost a 385k pot when my KK went down to TT. I was down to 26k aftre that but have now built up to 70k. very disappointed at the mo. tryuing to clear my head and go back after lunch to try and won it, no limping to the money.

atleast you've got the 80-20% race loss out of the way..from now on you'll win them all...goodluck!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2007, 09:08:03 AM »

Made the dinner break of day 2, but has been a bumpy ride.

I started with 50k, but soon shot up to 65k with a few early pots, then i played a hand really bad IMO. I raise to 3k, (500/1k - 100) with 99 and the big stack calls me on the button. The flop is J 2 3 rainbow and I fire 5k. He then asks me How much I have left, but its a silly question as my 5k chips are at the front and he not gonna shove me in for 60k more, After he asks the question im sure he has nothing, and as im counting anyway, he says make it 15k. I call his bet and the turn pairs the 3, I should have trusted my read moved in there n then, but instead lead for 15k and he calls me pretty quickly. To compound my error even more I check on the river and he essentially sets me in with a 20k bet. I go into the tank, but end up bottling it and passing only to be showed AK, Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  This is an occasion where I think the magnitude of the event clouded my judgement as I didnt wanna exit looking stupid when he turns over J's full or something. I should have trusted my read and shipped it in on the turn when I thought a safe card had come.

That table broke pretty quickly, but i did manage to get ina re-raise with KK, and shove on a 8 4 4 flop to make me a little more comfortable chip wise. ON my table I took a few pots down pre-flop and on the flop to get back to around 65k, then an interstin hand occurs where in theory I coulld have got my money in drawing dead but i trusted my read on the situation unlike earlier. the big stck at the table limps in Mid-postion (800/1600 - 200) as he often did and some other guy limps in the cut off. I look at 3 5 spades on the button and pop it 7k. Big stack thinks for a little while and calls me, then the cutoff fold. The big stack had been raising all pairs and all Ax KQ KJ hands from any position and put him on some sort of suited connector type hand. The flop comes 4 4 8 with 2 spades, he checks and I bet 15k, he almost insta-calls me. This isnt usually a sign of strength either live or online, the check insta call so Im still intent of firing a second bullet If i think its right. The turn is an off-suit T, and he checks to me, I move in for about 44k, he thinks for about 20secs and passes, I say, good fold KK and im up near the 100k mark.  Shortly after this, I watch england win the cricket (just) but all is well in the world, lol, how quick things would change.

Next is a series of bad plays, bad situations and mis-reads on my part that eventually make me short-stacked again. I flat call a raise with AK, miss the flop and pass. Then big stack raises UTG to 6k, from 1600 and I call on the button with JJ. The flop is A 5 5 and he bets 10k. The original raise was more than he usually did leading me believe he ahd a similar hand to mine, mid-strong pair. So i pop him to 25k to try and take down a chunky pot if he doesnt have the A, but am met by a prompt all in, oops, tikay misread on my part. I have a dwell, huff n puff and pass obv. Then I make a really bad play IMO. With the BB still at 1600 I open the pot for 4.2k on the button with AT, sb folds and the pretty tight solid player calls. The flop is 6 3 6 and he leads out for 6k. I really did have a brain malfunction this hand and cant really remember what I was thinking at the time but it was clearly rubbish. I flat called his 6k on the flop and the turn was a J. He checks, and I quickly bet 16k, only to my dismay to be met with another all in, ffs. Another short dwell, and pass, sigh. We then have a break and commence the next level of 1k/2k - 300  and i had about 40k. I played solid throughout the whole level, moving over the top of a raise with AK once, and raising AJ once for everyone to pass. Then UTG makes it 6k, and the small blind calls, I look at my cards in the BB and see AA, :-) I make it 20k with about 35k behind, original raiser folds, and after a look at my remaining stack the SB opts to call. Flop is Q T 8 and he checks, I have to shove and be prepared to walk if he has QQ or TT, He goes into the tank for around 5 mins, now I know im ahead and he eventually folds, but isnt happy, says something to me in a foreign langauge and goes off to the rail to talk to his friend.

All in all ive played a mix bag really, some really good poker, mixed in with some really shocking poker, as well as losing my testicular fortitude in the early part of the day. Just about to head down after the dinner break, with around 81k stack, with the blinds at 1200/2400 and a running ante of 400 (eek). We play 3 more 90 min levels tonight, with the final one being 2k/4k - 500 so IM sure to have a story to tell by then, one way or another!

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2007, 09:14:38 AM »

best of luck Pab..keeps us informed.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2007, 09:30:46 AM »

Hang in there Pab 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2007, 09:41:45 AM »

Great update Pab,

keep going Guys   
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2007, 09:59:58 AM »

nice going guys 

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2007, 10:15:53 AM »

Pab

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2007, 10:17:56 AM »

Good Luck Pab

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2007, 10:23:26 AM »

Good Stuff, both Simon & Pab, keep it going guys, bring it home!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: