blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:30:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272929 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker - "The Open" - Friday.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker - "The Open" - Friday.  (Read 19563 times)
Sky Suit

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2007, 12:43:16 AM »

Hello Sky Suit. Some decorum at last.

Creep.

LOL

gn all - off to dream of poker presenters (I'll leave you to abuse me as to which ones!)

By the way - I couldn't be arsed to put a spell check on mizogernisht (sorry!)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2007, 12:44:05 AM »

Bit late to be sucking up to Murdoch for you, isn't it Simon?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2007, 12:44:06 AM »

The 'hotness' thing is a nice idea but won't work in the long term in the sense that the value of your hand will obviously dramatically change both with the increasing blinds, action in front of you, your position and relative skill of the other players. So if you're holding on the button and the action goes raise, reraise, all-in, call, the hotness rating should change to 'bag o' poo' with a picture of a parent holding a used nappy.

Elsewhere, the levels really need to be a little longer, there's no 150/300 level and tonight when I looked at the leaderboard, the guy in position 20 from the 100 or so left had about 4.8k when the blinds hit 200/400, so 12 BB's, which is not enough for this tournament to regularly be won by the better players.

I also agree with comments made last night that an earlier start would be better since you could have some hand histories all ready for when the program starts. Alternating between 6-handed and 9-handed would also be a nice change now and then too.

SuffolkPunch
Fish

Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2007, 12:47:07 AM »

Creep.

It's a fair cop, guv

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2007, 12:47:58 AM »

Evening all

Thought seeing as tikay had been going on about the "silent observers" that I'd better own up Smiley

Thanks for all your feedback - really helping us to improve

Were you drunk when you hired Tikay?

Shut it Flushy, I told him I was an Expert. "Very agrressive, me" I said.

Yeah i read a mag the other day listing the top 10 LAG's in British poker, you were number 1!!......

Surely number one on the top ten poker LAGs would be Carlo...

llololololololol.

Carlo did make a move in Brighton on my EP raise when he shipped it over the top with A3o, Tikay wouldn't have the balls to do that!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Sky Suit

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2007, 12:51:58 AM »

The 'hotness' thing is a nice idea but won't work in the long term in the sense that the value of your hand will obviously dramatically change both with the increasing blinds, action in front of you, your position and relative skill of the other players. So if you're holding on the button and the action goes raise, reraise, all-in, call, the hotness rating should change to 'bag o' poo' with a picture of a parent holding a used nappy.

Elsewhere, the levels really need to be a little longer, there's no 150/300 level and tonight when I looked at the leaderboard, the guy in position 20 from the 100 or so left had about 4.8k when the blinds hit 200/400, so 12 BB's, which is not enough for this tournament to regularly be won by the better players.

I also agree with comments made last night that an earlier start would be better since you could have some hand histories all ready for when the program starts. Alternating between 6-handed and 9-handed would also be a nice change now and then too.

The Hotometer was my idea, and I know it isn't perfect. It is designed to give a helping hand to beginners - not you guys. We aimed Sky Poker at a "softer" group of people than simply existing poker players, and we wanted to involve and educate them and make it easy for them to take part (so you guys can take their money if you want!).

Inevitably, we will likely begin to attract lower stakes players, but we expect this to build over time as we improve and as we market the hell out of it.

The reason for tables of 6 is very simple. As well as being able to play online, you can play on iDTV. The iDTV technology cannot comfortably handle more than 6 players (as it would look too small on a screen you are watching from your sofa for example), and so where online and TV players are combined (as in The Open), we need to limit it to 6 per table. We have tried to balance the need for skill (which you guys prize dearly) with the ability for a newbie to get a run for their money and perhaps to win something with a bit of luck in their favour. We'll keep tweaking till you're happy.
(
Your feedback is excellent and with tikay helping us to understand it (LOLOL), we'll bring you the next level in TV poker over the next few months.

As for varying table sizes and speeds of play and start times, we'll mess around with this to suit beginners on some nightd and online-only experienced players on other nights.

Bear with us. We love you!

Murdoch is a bot

Goodnight
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2007, 12:52:26 AM »

Bit late to be sucking up to Murdoch for you, isn't it Simon?

Great spot Andrew!

(For those not aware, Suffolk Punch is Simon Young, one-time Sun "Journalist"......)

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2007, 12:56:32 AM »

Thought i recognised his mug shot, i mean avatar.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2007, 12:59:37 AM »

The Hotometer was my idea, and I know it isn't perfect. It is designed to give a helping hand to beginners - not you guys. We aimed Sky Poker at a "softer" group of people than simply existing poker players, and we wanted to involve and educate them and make it easy for them to take part (so you guys can take their money if you want!).

Inevitably, we will likely begin to attract lower stakes players, but we expect this to build over time as we improve and as we market the hell out of it.

The reason for tables of 6 is very simple. As well as being able to play online, you can play on iDTV. The iDTV technology cannot comfortably handle more than 6 players (as it would look too small on a screen you are watching from your sofa for example), and so where online and TV players are combined (as in The Open), we need to limit it to 6 per table. We have tried to balance the need for skill (which you guys prize dearly) with the ability for a newbie to get a run for their money and perhaps to win something with a bit of luck in their favour. We'll keep tweaking till you're happy.
(
Your feedback is excellent and with tikay helping us to understand it (LOLOL), we'll bring you the next level in TV poker over the next few months.

As for varying table sizes and speeds of play and start times, we'll mess around with this to suit beginners on some nightd and online-only experienced players on other nights.

Murdoch is a bot

Goodnight

What more could you wish for? You ask & suggest, the Boss answers, & goes on to explain the why's & wherefores. Deserves to succeed. Will succeed.

There you go Suffolk Punch, a lesson in top-drawer creeping.

Same time, same place, tomorrow, for "The Open".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuffolkPunch
Fish

Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2007, 01:06:29 AM »

(

Murdoch is a bot

Goodnight

What more could you wish for? You ask & suggest, the Boss answers, & goes on to explain the why's & wherefores. Deserves to succeed. Will succeed.

There you go Suffolk Punch, a lesson in top-drawer creeping.

LOL - as ever, you have me beat

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2007, 01:06:39 AM »

Just wanted to add that the customer services gent and lady I spoke to were very helpful, and no-one expects a New Thing to be totally problem-free right away.  I got my tenner back.  Sad I didn't get to play/let my mum play as the Old Lady Avatar, though. 

The 6-handed explanation works for me, as does the structure reasoning, thanks Mr. Suit.  Y'all know what you're getting, so just enjoy the experience or save your pennies for something which has the flexibility to give a multiple-hundred field the extra 'play.'  It's not the Stars deepstack, but that's not the point.

Good luck all involved, and I'll be watching the tikay ones.  Probably.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2007, 01:13:48 AM »

Just wanted to add that the customer services gent and lady I spoke to were very helpful, and no-one expects a New Thing to be totally problem-free right away.  I got my tenner back.  Sad I didn't get to play/let my mum play as the Old Lady Avatar, though. 

The 6-handed explanation works for me, as does the structure reasoning, thanks Mr. Suit.  Y'all know what you're getting, so just enjoy the experience or save your pennies for something which has the flexibility to give a multiple-hundred field the extra 'play.'  It's not the Stars deepstack, but that's not the point.

Good luck all involved, and I'll be watching the tikay ones.  Probably.

Now I AM nervous......

Mr Suit - when djinn speaks, we all listen. She's a Poker goddess. American though.

RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2007, 01:33:51 AM »

You could easily fit 10 handed on a TV. I am not bothered about it being 6 handed though, nice for a change, but I do hope the structure gets improved, like NoFlopsHomer said, in particular the jump to 200-400. (That's when I went out).

I played on the TV before to test it and it worked well until a reminder popped up and disconnected me. There is plenty of room to make it 8 handed without resizing anything, and a little tweaking to make it 10 handed without anything being reduced in size so much that it would make a difference to anyone. But like I said, I don't mind the open being 6 handed. It would just be nice to have to 10 handed ring games with the digi box fish on Wink
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2007, 03:30:01 AM »

They have some awesome Poker players lined up, believe me!

You don't mean Sunday do you  ?

FMP
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2007, 11:41:54 AM »

Yes as Floopy and Rich said 150/300 level is  definately needed. (went out on 200/400 too !!)

I didnt catch the Bounty prize last night...but i hope it wasnt "points" as some one said....it needs to be cash...and may be 3  diff amounts...25 Mr regular, 50 celeb and 75 pro.

Good fun overall....good luck with it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: