blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:10:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Final table deals - online
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Final table deals - online  (Read 2556 times)
chrisbruce

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2007, 12:51:58 PM »

Last night I played in a satalite for an EPT event on a popular poker site. 1st prize was a $16000 dollar package and 2nd prize $1000. Once I had it heads up and with a slight chip advantage I asked if we could do a deal  that 1st place would pay 2nd place $3000 dollars. We both agreed and the other player went on to win the seat. True to his word we sat down afterwards on a high stakes table, he raised to $3000 and when I reraised he passed, leaving me the pot.

I woke up this morning to find my account suspended and requests for passports driving, licences etc etc despite having held the account for 5 years!!!

I understand the poker site is probably doing what it must to comply with money laundering regulations etc etc .....  a pain,  but fair enough.

The other point is of course what if the other player had either not kept his word? or worse reraised me again in the pot !!!!

In truth I felt pretty vunerable in everything to do with this but would welcome any comments on the subject or better soloutions for future use.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 12:59:09 PM »

M3boy did a deal in similar circumstances on UltimateBet - but only for $500. The other player agreed, and  went on to win and never paid the money to M3boy.

M3boy complained to Ultimate Bet, but they basically did nothing. There is a big thread on here regarding this issue, but I cannae find it.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 01:01:16 PM »

very lucky there chris.,.,.i did the same last year and the guy never even came to the table to pay.,.,id lost $4k but learnt a lesson.,.,sometime its better to call a manager and sometimes they can help m8,,,other than that really its just trust.,.,or get him to transfer you $3k before you finish and if you win you have to send it back with another £3k of yours mate,,,,a lot of people playing for these sattalites i dont think got £3k in there bankroll....

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 01:04:26 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=12497.0

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 01:48:06 PM »

NEVER do deals unless it is supported by the poker site (ie poker stars), or you know the person VERY well!

I never did get my $500, even though there was a thread on 2+2 a while back saying that UB HAD taken money from someone's account to honour a deal (deal being used lightly as the chat was dubiois to say the least!). I complained again to UB and they did absolutely nothing.

Your account was frozen as it looks like chip dumping and presumably poker software freezes your account automatically.
dan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 02:41:09 PM »

NEVER do deals unless it is supported by the poker site (ie poker stars), or you know the person VERY well!

I never did get my $500, even though there was a thread on 2+2 a while back saying that UB HAD taken money from someone's account to honour a deal (deal being used lightly as the chat was dubiois to say the least!). I complained again to UB and they did absolutely nothing.

Your account was frozen as it looks like chip dumping and presumably poker software freezes your account automatically.

i would never do a deal online unless the site do the deal for you like pokerstars. the only time i did do a deal was in a simalar situation to yours where the winner got a $10k package and 2nd got FA. I was HU with alrightjack who i knew from on here and we were pretty even in chips so we agreed the winner payed the 2nd $1k. I sent him a cheque rather than do it on a cash table for the same reason that you mentioned, if you just dump $1k or even $3k in your case it looks very dodgy.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 04:04:11 PM »

Much lower stakes but I did this on Ladbrokes where there is still no official support for deals - it's been "coming soon" for a couple of months.

1st was a $320 seat, 2nd was $112. We were dead even in chips and had been for a while. I suggested we split the $432 50/50, exchanged numbers and agreed on the phone.

What Laddies do support is player-to-player transfers so I was able to get the $104 without the need to chip dump on a cash table.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 04:10:28 PM »

Hi Chris,

Firstly, well done & unlucky mate.

To be fair to the poker site, it DOES look iffy.

All I'd say is that if it was on 'Stars, always call for the Manager, & they help out, & of course, on 'Stars, player to player cash transfers are easy. On other sites, I'd urge caution.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 05:10:46 PM »

Ok I have sent all docs and have now been unsuspended with a warning that if it happens again I am barred. fair enough.

It does seem a bit harsh as what we agreed was clearly documented in the chat box and a gentlemans agrrement had taken place. I have asked for a phone call with the relevent 'suit'  as I would like to discuss the matter further and see if the site are willing to broker / authorise any such deals?

It seems Poker stars once again is leaps and bounds ahead of the competion with issues like these. Perhaps there hands are tied with UK legislation etc i dont know but will ask the question anyway.

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »

Ok I have sent all docs and have now been unsuspended with a warning that if it happens again I am barred. fair enough.

It does seem a bit harsh as what we agreed was clearly documented in the chat box and a gentlemans agrrement had taken place. I have asked for a phone call with the relevent 'suit'  as I would like to discuss the matter further and see if the site are willing to broker / authorise any such deals?

It seems Poker stars once again is leaps and bounds ahead of the competion with issues like these. Perhaps there hands are tied with UK legislation etc i dont know but will ask the question anyway.

What site did this occur on?
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 05:26:01 PM »

They are when it comes to customer support sorting a deal in a normal tournament, however now in satellites (be they satellites into other online tourneys or satellites into big main events) they suspend all chat well before it gets to the "bubble" stages of the tourney. So now you have to play the tourney to a conclusion whether you like it or not.

sponsored by Fyffes
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 05:28:51 PM »

Party go 1 better i believe, they have a feature that allows players to arrange deals without the need for a CSR.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 09:27:03 PM »

Sounds like you were very lucky!Good Luck at the tables and thank you for choosing PokerStars. job that all poker players are honest.....The issue is, not all sites facilitate deals. Party have automated software on some of their Tourneys and PokerStars send a member of their support team to assist (write to support@pokerstars.com and mark your email "Urgent - Tourney Chop #xxxxxxx", obviously put in the tourney number!) at almost any tournament including Sit & Go's.

I know that at Stars, they would review the chat log if there was a debate but it has to be beyond any reasonable doubt that the deal was confirmed i.e Player A - OK, I get $7,000, you get $3,000. If you agree to this, please type "I agree" - Player B "I agree".

The other issue is, when there is a seat up for grabs in a big event (EPT, WSOP, PCA etc), I am not sure that any site would allow the chop.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: