blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  And now the end is near.............
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: And now the end is near.............  (Read 7580 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »

When i got a final warning for absolutely nothing

What for?

Nothing, we both got the same warning, i had a PM waiting for me after i had been away for a weekend, Ian had the same thing.

I agree with a lot of what IFM has said (except the part about our campaign being a spoof.....) i think Blonde has somewhat become a victim of its own success in that the community feel is not what it once was. It seems it turning more into a marketing machine for outside interests (DTD APAT SKY etc) which is of course fine, it is up the owners of the site to decide how to run it and the shareholders no doubt want to make some money. It does though detract from the forum a bit.

"needs must as the devil drives".......

For the record, blonde cut a deal with DTD in preference to several other offers, as we felt DTD & blonde were a superb "fit", & we needed to replace the income lost from Poker 425/Wm Hill. blonde do not have ANY commercial ties with Sky or APAT, but the length of the threads generated by both suggests a broad level of interest in them. Lively APAT threads exist on every British Poker forum, & just because I am "connected" with APAT seems no reason to bar APAT threads from blonde.

We shall continuie to strive to please our Members, but it just ain't possible to keep everyone happy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 11:50:38 AM »

So you got warnings cos of the Flushy + Miffy 4 Mods campain?

I do think these warnings are a tad stupid. Instead of all this official prefect/manager at work stuff why not just send a PM saying look man you did ABC we don't really want you to do that so please don't do it again?

Simple no? It seems also to be (not in my case) the people who are most helpful and care the most about Blonde who get the warnings. To ban Miffy would be completely insane IMO.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 11:57:50 AM »

No!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 12:04:18 PM »

I do think these warnings are a tad stupid

Well,that WOULD have been a tad stupid", as you put it, as the Flushy & IFM for Mods Campaign was intended as, & taken as, being in good "banter" & spirit. The Warnings were for another matter, & if my memory serves me correct (unlikely....) , pre-dated the "Flushy & IFM for Mods" campaign. It was, I think, 4 or 5 months ago, maybe more.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 12:11:33 PM »

Please I want it on the record now that I do not, have not and will not ever want to become a mod. I am now and always have been a punk and regularly listen to Killing Joke before playing poker.............it brings out my aggressive side.

For the record and because people only seem to post when unhappy with the site.

1. I love this site
2. The members that I have met on this site are great people with an interest in the game
3. The stakeholders are good people who care about bothy people and the game
4. The mods job is and always will be a crock of S**t. It is difficult, personal, open to misinterpretation and worse than that of a rugby referee
5. I am not going anywhere now or in the future

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 12:14:56 PM »

Since I have started to use this forum regularly, I have found it to be the ALL ROUND BEST FORUM available to people with an interest in poker.

The members are very knowledgable providing links etc and providing technical know how, that pc illiterates like myself would have no idea where to start looking, i think its the fact that the forum is able to diversify into other subjects is one of the mian reason it works so well.

Like all forums there will always be a "core" of members who provide more than others, and whilst we may not always agree with what they say its these members that keep the forum going. The other thing i like is that it is moderated, and imo very well as nobody ever seems to launch into personal tirades, its all done in a very friendly way.

The COMMUNITY SPIRIT here is SECOND TO NONE and long may it continue.

I can understand the need for outside business to be involved to provide income, if for nothing else the NO1 UPDATES at LIVE EVENTS: these are without doubt the best available, and therefore worth every penny. (you only need to read the responses to see how much they are appeciated).

I would have thought that linking with DTD can only be a good thing for the future. Rob is obviously a guy with a passion for poker, he is also venturing into a new business and i'm assuming by linking with blonde he sees it as a good advertising board for himself (good business imo).

just my thoughts

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 12:19:38 PM »

if for nothing else the NO1 UPDATES at LIVE EVENTS: these are without doubt the best available, and therefore worth every penny. (you only need to read the responses to see how much they are appeciated).

Thank you. The Live Updates cost a lot of money to provide, are free to view, & always will be. But we have to find a way to pay for them - the wages, hotel & travelling costs, etc. Fact of life I'm afraid.

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 12:29:02 PM »

I just think people need to stop throwing their toys out the pram! This forum like any other doe not revolve around the likes of 2 to 3 people and must attract more people.I think the link with DTD is absolutely superb for both parties, as previously mentioned live updates are second to none and the topics posted are as varied and random (which i love) than any other i have come across. Where else can you find europes or even the worlds best poker players to ask questions to. The site is excellent, going from strength to strength and long may it do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 12:37:48 PM »

I just think people need to stop throwing their toys out the pram!

Without being funny you havent been around the forum long enough to know of the times IFM is talking about!

The warnings we got were indeed before the Flushy+IFM mod campaign (one day we will succeed)

Where else can you find europes or even the worlds best poker players to ask questions to.

We are not allowed to post links to other forums but if you want some send me a PM.

I still think Blonde is the best poker forum there is, i just don't think the margin is as big as it once was....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 12:43:17 PM »

Where else could you find Europe's most sarcastic poker players on one forum?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 12:46:22 PM »

Flushy said.....

The warnings we got were indeed before the Flushy+IFM mod campaign (one day we will succeed)

Can you remind me how long ago those Warnings were? I'm just curious as to how they suddenly became relevant now, I had assumed they were water under the bridge many months ago.

FWIW, blonde without Flushy &/or IFM would be a poorer place.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 12:54:03 PM by tikay » Logged

Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2007, 12:50:53 PM »

FWIW, blonde without Flushy &/or IFM would be a poorer place.
[/quote]

Totally agree............c'mon guys even in the closest families there is the occassional disagreement...........should have seen mine this weekend..............do not talk to me about wallpaper stripping

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007, 12:56:45 PM »

Yes but i have been on here since the DTD Birth, The APAT Birth and the Sky Poker birth so have been on here to know that it is not centrally based around marketing these 3 mentioned things. APAT as mentioned is on every forum (just about) in the UK, DTD is in its own section which IMO never gets mentioned in the general discussion or internet poker section. The only difference being the banners. They sky and Apat are prety much contained within 2 threads anyway so shouldnt make a difference to anyone not involved in it and browsing on the forum.
I know of the main forums that i like and have 3 which im signed up to and do not wish to browse any others (blonde being my favourite of course!)
Obviously i am not informed of what happenned but if you'd like to PM me and tell me thats fine but this isnt a dig at IFM. He has helped me out personally ona number of issues, which i am hugely appreciative of, even in the as previously mentioned short period i have been on here!! It just surprises me that he feels the forum has taken a turn for the worse!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 12:57:20 PM »

mfi............is it true that you have been headhunted for Steve Bruces job ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 12:58:40 PM »

I think i had the warning waiting for me after i got back from Rob's DTD party at the Broxtowe. So whenever that was.

The relevancy is that IFM posted about them on page 1 and i think he pointed them out as they were (in his eyes) the point he realised blonde had changed quite substantially. I think probably because we got them after not being supportive of APAT.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: