blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:15:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General Fighting thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Fighting thread  (Read 163568 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2008, 01:11:23 PM »

http://fight.proelite.com/kimbo-slice-vs-tank-abbott.html

I think Lesnar will beat Mir and if he fights for the title on NYE it will be the biggest PPV money spinner ever.

I too am in the Lesnar camp - first round victory for me.

Kimbo is going to destroy Tank.  Also first round.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2008, 04:04:03 PM »

My money is going on Mir.
There's good logical reasons why Mir can win, but mostly, I'm betting on the Martial artist to beat the entertainment wrestler.
The cage has frozen much better fighters than Lesnar and Mir looked close to his old standard agains Hardonk last year.

I agree, Kimbo will destroy Tank.
When's that happening? Can't find confirmation that's back on.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 04:08:25 PM by AdamM » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 21, 2008, 06:47:34 PM »

http://fight.proelite.com/kimbo-slice-vs-tank-abbott.html

I think Lesnar will beat Mir and if he fights for the title on NYE it will be the biggest PPV money spinner ever.

Adam, Byron linked this small preview thing about the Kimbo fight.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2008, 10:41:49 PM »

Cheers

I just watched UFC 6 today. Tank Abbot beat his first opponent in 21 secs and his second in about 2 minutes. He lost in the final to Oleg Taktarov after a long fight. The event was in Colorado, 5000 miles above sea level. Not ideal for a man like Tank Abbot even at 30.
I guess he's 42/43 now. I can't see him keeping up with Kimbo. ofcourse, if he lands flush inside the first minute, he could still knock him out.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2008, 11:00:10 PM »

where can i watch UFC 6 Adam?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2008, 11:29:49 PM »

I've started my collection

www.fightdvd.co.uk

I have 1-8 now. only another 60 DVDs or so to buy (yes some of us still pay  Wink ) It's an on going project and with easy christmas / birthday presents I expect it to take a year or two to put together.

I watched 3-6 in the last week with UFC 80 in between. It's a VERY different game now.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »

I've started my collection

www.fightdvd.co.uk

I have 1-8 now. only another 60 DVDs or so to buy (yes some of us still pay  Wink ) It's an on going project and with easy christmas / birthday presents I expect it to take a year or two to put together.

I watched 3-6 in the last week with UFC 80 in between. It's a VERY different game now.

I have the early UFC's as well, I love Gracie V Kimo from UFC 3 just for the fact everyone was so confident Gracie would roll over him and Gracie only survived that fight by clinging to Kimo's hair for dear life and popping an armbar.

I fully expect Mir to beat lesnar, lesnar is a world class wrestler and athlete but he will have to prove he has a stand up game and will need to add submission and submission defence to his wrestling abilities.  He wont be able to F-5 Mir!  I expect mir to nail him with a few kicks on their feet, lesnar will take him down and get the better of Mir on the mat but Mir will catch an armbar to submit him from his back

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2008, 01:39:48 PM »

yep.

triangle choke I think
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 26, 2008, 12:29:04 AM »

Mir is currently 2.0 on Betfair.  Tim Sylvia is 2.4, I'll be having a piece of that.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 26, 2008, 01:58:41 PM »

I've managed to lay Lesnar between 1.6 and 1.8.

I do thnk Sylvia has a good chance against Nogieura but can't quite get my self to bet on it.

I might see if I can get a silly bet matched. 2.8 - 3.0
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2008, 11:56:44 PM »

Fight Science: MMA

not brilliant but probably worth watching just cos Bas is in it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8G4DUXK0
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2008, 05:02:37 PM »

Fight Science: MMA

not brilliant but probably worth watching just cos Bas is in it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8G4DUXK0

watching this now - quite interesting thus far
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2008, 06:26:52 PM »

It certainly is a different game. In many respects I perferred it in the early days when it was so much rawer with no weight divisions and vastly different styles.

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2008, 06:43:32 PM »

My money is going on Mir.
There's good logical reasons why Mir can win, but mostly, I'm betting on the Martial artist to beat the entertainment wrestler.

I think it's a bit harsh to quantify Brock as merely an "entertainment wrestler". He had a considerable amauter wrestling career and many people have stated how strong Brock is. Granted MMA is very different and he needs to adapt but he has the tools and application to do something in MMA. The only negative thing that see is this generation of MMA is so advanced technically that it's difficult to see any rookie come straight against a former world champion and expect him to win let alone dominate. If a legend like Royce Gracie struggles against Matt Hughes, a fighter representative of the modern style, then what hope is there for a gifted fighter against a former world champion?.

However, having heard a Batista interview on youtube saying how strong Brock is and that if they arm wrestled Brock would breck his arm I've got a funny feeling Brocks strenght may shock Mir and see the "entertainment wrestler" win. £20 on it Adam???

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »

I've watched a few of Lesnars college wrestling fights and saw nothing that will do him any good in the cage.
I saw his MMA debut and he looked ok. pretty efficient win.
Lesnar may develop into a decent UFC fighter in time, but in the UFC cage for the first time with a technician like Mir is a big ask. As I've said before, Mir has been off his game since his motorbike crash and only against Hardonk in his last fight, did he look anywhere near his best.
Mir at 80%+ will be too good for Lesnar I think.

I'd take the bet, but I've already laid Lesnar at 1.6 and 1.8. another £20 at evens is not very likely.

Really looking forward to this card

hoping Sylvia can upset Nog too.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: