blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:40:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272885 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General Fighting thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Fighting thread  (Read 163548 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2008, 12:46:47 PM »

crikey, that's sooner than I thought.

Leben should take relatively little time for. Not because he's no good, but because he's a brawler. No specifics to work on, just plenty of stand up work.

The card looked pretty poor last time I looked. better have another look, seems to have changed from what you say.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »

Hmm, not exactly star studded but there could be a few decent fights

I see Thiago Alves retiring Matt Hughes. Might see if I can get a bet on that.
Think Bisping will be able to handle Leben, but he's a banger with a decent chin so it'll be a test
I think Marcus Davis v Mike Swick could go either way. Swick looks good at welter, but Davis is a really heavy hitter.
Not a Rashad Evans fan, but his wrestling should be too strong for Irvine, unless he lands a big shot on the way in. Ask Housten Alexander about the power of Irvine.
I hope Werdum beat the over hyped Brandon Vera.

nothing else really jumps out at me

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2008, 01:16:35 PM »

read somewhere that he has an agreement that win or lose he fights serra next
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »

try www.uk.ufc.com but as I said, I got it from the horse. didn't bother to ask when because I assumed it'd be later in the year.

Leben hasn't fought since January, but Bisping only fought a week ago. seem's sooner than expected, but I suppose with Chuck off the bill it's a great opportunity for some ticket sales. He didn't take any damage against McCarthy either so I imagine he'll be ready in time.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2008, 01:25:46 PM »

read somewhere that he has an agreement that win or lose he fights serra next

Seems very likely actually. Serra can retire him then. before dropping to lightweight
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 28, 2008, 01:46:35 PM »

Think this is going to be a tough fight for Bisping.  Bisping will no doubt be favourite but Leben is a dangerous opponent.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 28, 2008, 01:53:13 PM »

minor trivia. I noticed Bisping signing his autographs with his left hand but he fights orthodox. stiffer than usual jabs / left hooks?

He's a bit bigger than Leben so with the added reach and that stiff jab, I think he'll do ok. I think he'll continue to work on his clinch and I think that'll be Leben's game plan. should be a good fight to watch.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 06, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »

Anyone been watching TUF series?  Rampage and Griffin are cracking me up, very funny.

Cage Rage 26 this Saturday with Freeman making his comeback in the main event.  It's on Sky Sports and Ross Pointon is making an appearance at welterweight, and looks much better at the weight than when he was seen at middleweight and light-heavy on TUF3.  He lost his last fight after suffering this cut:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:27:30 PM by scotty2hatty » Logged
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 07, 2008, 08:28:04 AM »

looking forward to Ian Freeman fighting on Saturday. Had a brief chat with him at Seni. Comes across as a really nice bloke. Hope he gets the win.

Pointon's a slugger. good luck to the fella.

Not been very impressed with the standard of cage rage but it'll keep me going until UFC 84 on the 25th. I've also got UFC 17,18,19,20 to watch for the first time on DVD. They include Chucks first fight (a loss I think) and the arrival of Bas Rutten, Dan Henderson and Wanderlai Silva.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 10, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »

bet365 do a juicy 4/7 about cotto beating margarito in august where all the other firms are 2/5

I'm thinking about having a wedge on, cotto will kill him wont he?

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 11, 2008, 10:17:53 PM »

tito moans about only earning 8 mill in 11 years. some swearing
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 11, 2008, 10:55:31 PM »

Hmmmm, i don't know what to think of that tbh.  He is a decent price to beat Machida, decent bet?

Cage Rage yesterday was ok, Freeman owned in the main event and I was happy to see Pointon win too.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 12, 2008, 08:36:53 AM »

got it sky+ and will be datching up tonight.

I think Machida will beat Tito, but if you can get odds, it's probably not  mistake to back Tito.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 13, 2008, 01:30:32 PM »

Started looking at my picks for UFC 84. It's not exactly star studded, but the top end of the card should produce an upset I think.

Not with the main event though. I think Penn is a justified favourite over Sherk. I made the mistake of forgetting how good Penn was when he dispatched Stevenson with ease in UFC 80. Sherk is tough, but Penn by tapout

I think Jardine v Silva will be a war. Silva is on a losing streak and Jardine is chalking up scalps. If he can stay out of the clinch I think he can cause an upset and take down another legend.

I think (and hope) Machida sends Tito packing with a loss. I've been re-watching early DVDs and I'd forgotten about that fresh faced alternate who fought for no money so as not to compromise his college wrestling scholorship in UFC 13. He seems to think the majority of the money should be going to fighters. I don't know who he thinks is going to pay for the refs, ring girls, doctors, cages, venues, transportation, luxury house (for TUF contestants to smash up) state of the art training facility, corperate entertainment, etc. Mahbe when he's out of contract he'll start putting on his own promotions and show everyone how easy it is.

rest of the card could well produce decent fights, but there's no other stand outs. some good fighters hovering on the fringes of their weight classes facing debutants.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 13, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »

UFC 85  looks brilliant though.
Thiago Alves will beat Matt Hughes convincingly I think. Hughes v Serra before the end of the year then retirement and bible study  dont river me

Bisping should do ok with late replacement for Leben, Jason Day. Day looks pretty good on the ground but after Hamill, Evans and McCarthy, Bisping's takedown defense is getting pretty sharp. Highlight reel KO I hope.

Marcus Davis v Mike Swick. Swick looks like a decent prospect at Welterweight but Davis is an animal on a win streak. My guess, Swick will get KTFO.

I hope James Irvine knocks Rashad Evans' funny little head off his shoulders. Irvine's KO of Housten Alexander was stunning and I'm hoping for another.

Werdum v Vera could be s decent technical fight on the ground. I think Vera is over hyped so I hope Werdum does a job on him. One for the purists this one I think.

Right at the bottom card is a fight I expect to not only make the TV but will produce either fight of the knight or KO of the night. Paul Taylor from Walsall against Jess Liaudin, originally from France, but the top man at Pancrase London. Liaudin is technically brilliant standing and on the ground. He got sparked out by Marcus Davies at UFC 80 by a hook that landed on the carotid artery. On another day I think he'd of won that fight and would be climbing up the card. Taylor produced a war against Paul Kelly also on UFC 80. I'm hoping Liaudin gets the W but I expect both fighters impress.

Shame Chuck Liddell isn't topping that bill. That'd make it even more impressive.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: