blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:18:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General Fighting thread
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Fighting thread  (Read 163611 times)
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: July 10, 2008, 09:08:21 PM »

Sorry, not posted for a while, been travelling for 2 months. This might be a brag post but you may be interested:

I was at UFC 86 last Sat and it was a quality card and atmosphere. The yanks can be annoying (like when they boo fights) but man they can create an atmosphere.
Most of the fights were pretty decent - Miller & Gurgel had a great fight, I was impressed by Miller, he submitted a black belt in BJJ and Rich Franklin's BJJ coach/training partner so good win for him. Guillard got a sick KO on Siver, ditto Gonzaga with a submission on McCully, catch that if you can. With Tyson Griffin I really wanted him to get beat, he can never finish a fight and to be honest I don't think he tries to when he knows he's ahead in rounds. Koscheck did fight well but I don't like watching this guy fight. Big Dog let me down for a nice payday when he lost to Cote, worst fight of the night, and it was no split - Cote had rounds 2 & 3 IMO. Really disappointed with Almeida cos he is normally a real good fighter, maybe still a bit cage rusty.

Main event was sick, the roof went off the place, most were cheering for Griffin. I had him win 2,3 & 5 don't know if I would have given him a 10-8 though for round 2. Cracking fight to watch live, maybe not as good when I catch it on DVD.

Saw a few fighters as I was going in, got pic taken with Gray Maynard and also shouted at Cheick Kongo (massive chest!) and CB Dolloway from TUF7, also heard Diego Sanchez & Bisping were kicking about the slot machines.

Training out at Xtreme Couture for a month as well in kickboxing so hopefully I'll bump into Forrest, Kampmann, etc...

Yip defo brag post!
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 10, 2008, 09:18:10 PM »

Training out at Xtreme Couture for a month as well in kickboxing so hopefully I'll bump into Forrest, Kampmann, etc...

raptor trains there and has written a bit about it on his blog on cardrunners.

i don't think i could even do the warmup Sad
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 11, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »

excellent post benny. get some inside scoops from the couture camp.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 11, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »

Saturday 20th
UFC has Silva fighting at 205. I think he'll beat James Irvine fairly easily.
I think Frankie Edgar V Hermes Franca could be a decent fight, with franca getting a late submission of decision.
I hope Jesse Taylor gets his ass thoroughly handed to him. Although I find CB Dolloway pretty irritating, I find Taylor infuriating.

Same Night Tim Silvia is fighting Fedor in Affliction. Not sure how soon I'll get to see that, but although I'd love to see Silvia silence a few haters and see the Fedor hero worshippers brought down a few pegs, I can't see it. Fedor should beat big Tim. The card also has Babalu who's one of my all time favourite fighters and Andre Arlovski, perdo Rizzo, Josh Barnett and Matt lindland. could be a hell of a card. Not sure if its in the ring or the cage.
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: July 12, 2008, 07:42:01 PM »

Saturday 20th
I think Frankie Edgar V Hermes Franca could be a decent fight, with franca getting a late submission of decision.
I hope Jesse Taylor gets his ass thoroughly handed to him. Although I find CB Dolloway pretty irritating, I find Taylor infuriating.

Same Night Tim Silvia is fighting Fedor in Affliction. Not sure how soon I'll get to see that, but although I'd love to see Silvia silence a few haters and see the Fedor hero worshippers brought down a few pegs, I can't see it. Fedor should beat big Tim. The card also has Babalu who's one of my all time favourite fighters and Andre Arlovski, perdo Rizzo, Josh Barnett and Matt lindland. could be a hell of a card. Not sure if its in the ring or the cage.

Looking forward to this although all UFC now seems like its going to be Setanta rather than Bravo, which sucks. Two day delay whilst I download it I presume.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 13, 2008, 07:09:23 PM »

had no choice but to get Santa Sports now all UFC is there.
Worth the money though
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 13, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »

Saturday 20th

Looking forward to this although all UFC now seems like its going to be Setanta rather than Bravo, which sucks. Two day delay whilst I download it I presume.

usually quicker than that on ninja

http://www.ninjavideo.net/cat/193
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 20, 2008, 01:28:44 AM »

wow, just watched Baroni v Jansen from the recent Cage Rage event - stunning KO win for Baroni. Fight tainted by Jansen's brother headbutting Baroni after the fight when Baroni goes to check on Jansen.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 20, 2008, 04:39:09 AM »

Silva ownnnnnnnnnns!
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 20, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »

unbelievably talented fighter. Irvine is a serious dude but Silva went through him like he was nothing. Caught the kick, straight right and a few finishers on the ground.

Silva says it's his responsibility to defend the middleweight title but that he'll go where the big fights are. There aren't any more big fights for him at middleweight. He's make Rich Franklin look very ordinary twice (and Franklin is anything but ordinary) he's dominated and submitted Dan Henderson on the ground (one of MMAs best wrestlers) there was definitely noone in the latest batch of TUF middleweights that will ever beat Silva. Okami, deserves a crack, Bisping won't be ready to even challenge for 18-24 months.

get him another light heavyweight name lined up I say. In fact, after that dull performance, punish Brandon Vera by matching him up With Anderson Silva. Let's see him counter punch and lean on in the clinch in that fight
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 20, 2008, 12:25:35 PM »

Vera sucked ass last night - blamed his performance on the cut, i suppose he did look a little drawn.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 20, 2008, 12:45:50 PM »

not a huge Vera fan. He beat Frank Mir who was having a terrible time post accident but was still a UFC hero. Because Vera beat Mir he surely HAD to be a champion of the future.

Sylvia made him look silly and Werdum destroyed him. He could improve at 205, but I'm not expecting much
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 20, 2008, 12:56:46 PM »

Fedor submitted Sylvia after 36 seconds.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 20, 2008, 06:17:02 PM »

emphatic
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: July 23, 2008, 05:24:44 PM »

The Contender.......Muay Thai (sp)     started last night....looks like it could be good viewing   ITV4 i think.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: