blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC  (Read 70293 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2007, 03:48:14 PM »

It is NOT our current intention to Lock or remove this thread. Argument & debate is fine, so long as it's civil, & within the law.

We ALL, equally, condemn Mikky's disgusting behaviour, & the Law has found him Guilty, so we can say it how it is.

I don't think any of us know what he told Poppet, truth or lies, or what she did or did not believe. She is a kid, I think she is straight, & was hoping for a Career looking after kids. So in my mind, I don't think it is likely that she would "protect" him - but I don't know, &  doubt if anyone other than Mikky or Poppet do.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2007, 03:49:12 PM »

I dont know where to start on this, apart from I hope Mikky dies a slow agonising death. You may think thats harsh but as a parent and someone whos closest friends 12yr old daughter was raped by a convicted rapist it is nothing. That animal deserves no protection(segregation ) from the prison popoulation. Where was the protection for those 2 innocent boys?

Kieth you are not alone in thinking you would kill anyone who would harm your child, its a natural parental reaction.

Thankfully I never met MT(cant bring myself to use his name) and Ive never spoken to poppet so I cant comment on that issue  .
A few of you who made friends with the animal are probably feeling sick, sad and totally betrayed by the bastard, but spare a thought for the mother of these boys who also was decieved by the animal and allowed him into her home. Your sense of betrayal and hurt is no where near hers. She will never forgive herself.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2007, 03:49:36 PM »

But to slanderously ( libelously ? ) attack a much cared for member of the forum is so far beyond the pale that I can't find the words to describe it.

IMF has posted his thoughts on the subject. Indeed there is the issue of one being allowed to make a potentially slanderless statement but that is for the site owners to make a decide whether it should be removed. I however disagree just because someone is a "much loved member of the forum" that they should not be questioned or even "attacked" on an issue. Reminds me of when several people told me not to question MikkyT for what I thought was an inapprioriprate sexiest comment because they informed me MikkyT is a top bloke and would never mean it in such a bad way. Guess being a much cared member buys you some protection. Being a popular/much cared member of the forum is not a justifyable reason why somebody should never be questioned on something that they have said.

Some people will call it as we see it and sod the popularity contest which I think is a good thing as long as it kept civil and not become a bitchfest or break any legal issues such as slander.

WHAT?!?!?! The guy managed to take in a woman & abuse her kids, but people who knew him through the board should have seen through him?

Basically there's someone from this board who's found out someone she was close to wasn't what she thought. To then accuse her of knowingly covering for him is disgraceful unless there's some proof.

That's NOTHING to do with a popularity contest & all to do with not hurting people who've already been hurt.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »

the only other accuastion thown into the mix have been how much another member of the forum knew about the reason mikky was in jail

i do not think that member would have a clue as to the real reason he was in jail and more than likely was told by mikky exactly what kev and others had thought he was in for

This is far far from over as other accusations have been thrown into debate which must be either proven or disproven.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
dealerFROMhell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2007, 03:52:21 PM »

Great post

And what a (no offence dealer) silly thing to call for the thread to be closed. This is a forum and in turn in the section, named general discussion. Its great to see people point of view on what is in reailty a horriffic post. This is far far from over as other accusations have been thrown into debate which must be either proven or disproven.
There would not be much to say about any of the posts made by everyone on here if i came along everytime and said, "thats just the way it is so there!"

You misunderstand why I think it should be closed.

Healthy debate is fine. But a few things have been said here which aren't exactly going to calm the situation down.

I hardly think that issues as sensitive these are, or were ever, meant to be dissected via the Internet, where it's all to easy to say things without the safety of having to say them to someones face.

"Any raise?............ HELLO?"
Irishdenis

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2007, 03:53:07 PM »

Hi All,,

As one of the owners of Blonde we are sickened by this man's actions. We will be forwarding on the original thread to the relevant authorities. It would have been wrong of us to close this link in the first instance. We all have a voice and it needs to be heard. I hope for some it has allowed you to vent, weep, and feel the real sorrow, we as a community feel, for the children and families that this monster has ruined.

God bless the children.

If you feel we should now end this thread we will.  Your posts will be the answer.! ! ! ! My keyboard is wet with tears and I am not ashamed of feeling sick.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2007, 03:55:45 PM »

Great post

And what a (no offence dealer) silly thing to call for the thread to be closed. This is a forum and in turn in the section, named general discussion. Its great to see people point of view on what is in reailty a horriffic post. This is far far from over as other accusations have been thrown into debate which must be either proven or disproven.
There would not be much to say about any of the posts made by everyone on here if i came along everytime and said, "thats just the way it is so there!"

Healthy debate is fine. But a few things have been said here which aren't exactly going to calm the situation down.

I hardly think that issues as sensitive these are, or were ever, meant to be dissected via the Internet, where it's all to easy to say things without the safety of having to say them to someones face.

Sorry, but the Thread remains open unless it get seriously out of hand.

Debate is fine.

Myself & the Mods have recently been described as "the blonde Nazis" on another Forum because we try to keep this place decent & civil, but debate is, & always was, fine.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »

I'm not sure what the upside of posting pics of your kids is. If there's a one in a zillion chance that someone will see it and take an interest in your child then the downside outways it imo.

Also there's a chance that being poker players one of us may one day win the WSOP or similar and then kidnapping becomes a concern although admittedly a small one, I haven't heard of kidnaps in this country for ages but poker is obv a worldwide phenomena these days.

There's also the fact that I haven't got a clue how to post pics of course:)
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2007, 03:58:11 PM »

the only other accuastion thown into the mix have been how much another member of the forum knew about the reason mikky was in jail

i do not think that member would have a clue as to the real reason he was in jail and more than likely was told by mikky exactly what kev and others had thought he was in for

This is far far from over as other accusations have been thrown into debate which must be either proven or disproven.

Well IFM seems to have pretty intricate(if somewhat dilluted) knowlege about mikkyt being arrested in relation hitting hes own children, but he didnt SPECIFICALY say it was poppet so everyone is guessing, it could be very easily cleared up and i imagine it will be in the near future.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:00:28 PM by bolt pp » Logged
dealerFROMhell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2007, 04:00:40 PM »

Sorry, but the Thread remains open unless it get seriously out of hand.

Debate is fine.

Myself & the Mods have recently been described as "the blonde Nazis" on another Forum because we try to keep this place decent & civil, but debate is, & always was, fine.

On the contrary, I think this is a really well run forum, compared to a few of the others i've been on.

It's your gaff mate. I just dont like to see people having a pop at each other like.

"Any raise?............ HELLO?"
SuffolkPunch
Fish

Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2007, 04:01:48 PM »

and lets not forget baby monkey and his rather advanced literacy and IT skills.

I do cheat slightly!! I have one of those state of the art laptops that can translate peoples voices into computer text, one download of babymonkey language translator later and voila Grin

he speaks French too?!

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2007, 04:02:34 PM »

But they werent designed to calm things down, this thread has not been active for 12 hours yet as far as im concerned i cetainl havent said anything i wouldnt say to anybodys face and i dont think anybody else has either. There is much more to this again and m sure will take a long time to die down. You stated you're a newbie, that doesnt matter you have as much right to comment on this as anyone but i just had to express my opposition n the thread so mods dont think people want it to be closed.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2007, 04:09:43 PM »

Well IFM seems to have pretty intricate(if somewhat dilluted) knowlege about mikkyt being arrested in relation hitting hes own children, but he didnt SPECIFICALY say it was poppet so everyone is guessing, it could be very easily cleared up and i imagine it will be in the near future.

Well the way I read ifm's Post, (on page 4 or 5 of this thread) I thought he DID specifically name someone. If I read it wrong - & it seemed most of us took it the same say - I  apologise to ifm. My reading of his Post was that he named names, & I felt we needed to get some balance on that.

We would be grateful if ifm's Post was not "quoted" in Posts, it's there for all to see, but I see no need to muddy the water still further right now.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2007, 04:11:53 PM »

I'm not sure what the upside of posting pics of your kids is. If there's a one in a zillion chance that someone will see it and take an interest in your child then the downside outways it imo.

Also there's a chance that being poker players one of us may one day win the WSOP or similar and then kidnapping becomes a concern although admittedly a small one, I haven't heard of kidnaps in this country for ages but poker is obv a worldwide phenomena these days.

There's also the fact that I haven't got a clue how to post pics of course:)

You maybe right Byron. But, I feel I have alot of frieds on Blonde and I want to share pictures of Jake with them. You can't live life not trusting everyone. Unfortuantely occassionally you will be let down.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:14:22 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2007, 04:14:19 PM »

But to slanderously ( libelously ? ) attack a much cared for member of the forum is so far beyond the pale that I can't find the words to describe it.

IMF has posted his thoughts on the subject. Indeed there is the issue of one being allowed to make a potentially slanderless statement but that is for the site owners to make a decide whether it should be removed. I however disagree just because someone is a "much loved member of the forum" that they should not be questioned or even "attacked" on an issue. Reminds me of when several people told me not to question MikkyT for what I thought was an inappropriate sexiest comment because they informed me MikkyT is a top bloke and would never mean it in such a bad way. Guess being a much cared member buys you some protection. Being a popular/much cared member of the forum is not a justifyable reason why somebody should never be questioned on something that they have said.

Some people will call it as we see it and sod the popularity contest which I think is a good thing as long as it kept civil and not become a bitchfest or break any legal issues such as slander.

WHAT?!?!?! The guy managed to take in a woman & abuse her kids, but people who knew him through the board should have seen through him?

Basically there's someone from this board who's found out someone she was close to wasn't what she thought. To then accuse her of knowingly covering for him is disgraceful unless there's some proof.

That's NOTHING to do with a popularity contest & all to do with not hurting people who've already been hurt.

WHAT?!?!?! My point is about the use of the words "a much cared for member of the forum" like it is a reason for not to question. Why should somebody withhold there views just because they are "a much cared for member of the forum". Everybodys accountable come what may. I don't know whether Poppet has done anything wrong or not, that was an acquisation made by IMF. As I already said in an earlier post that we should not jump to any conclusions and Poppet should be allowed to respond to IFM claims. Maybe IFM knows something we don't. Maybe he has just made an outrageous acquisition. It is upto Poppet how she wants to deal with what IMF has said about her.

I'm not really sure what your point is as mine was against the words "a much cared for member of the forum" like they made a difference. Surely as a mod you aware that on occassions certain cliques like to collectively round on other posters and back there good buddies such as some people did for the former "much cared for member of the forum" MikkyT.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: