blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC  (Read 70304 times)
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2007, 06:18:56 PM »

This is incredibly upsetting news. My thoughts go out to the family and I hope they are able to move on and lead a happy life.

I'm not sure whether or not I met MikkyT at BB3. I hope I didn't.
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2007, 06:30:10 PM »

Just got in and read this thread.

This has left me utterly speechless..

and very sad

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2007, 06:42:50 PM »

Thankfully I never had the misfortune to meet this sick individual...........
MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2007, 07:21:17 PM »

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2007, 07:28:41 PM »

Just reread the entire thread and instead of arguments and retributions I think Red sums it up the best the reaction we should have to this awful news.

Read it and think.

I reacted to this news with feelings of shock, horror, anger and disgust. As, I suspect, did you. This sort of thing always gets me, I'm crying as I type.

The sad fact is that child abuse goes on day in, day out. In every street, in every town, all over the world.

I think we all know what we would like to do to Mikky T, and if we spew it out on here it might make us feel a little better, but that wont help the next child.

Save your anger. Turn it into compassion for the child less fortunate. Turn it into vigilance for the child at risk. Turn it into understanding, when a tiny voice makes that cry for help, you may be the only one to hear.

Never, ever, turn a blind eye.

I also happen to think Reds post is post of the year. can always rely on him to be the voice of reason.
Pokerron

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2007, 07:40:24 PM »

As a father (of 2 young kids, still under 4) who tried to post pictures of them at the request of this sick twat, I dont think it is "unreasonable" or "un-blonde" for me be openly furious and sickened in equal measure.   I appreciate some people wont agree with my fury and disgust, but I do not understand anyone telling me what to think or say about the episode.  I am not interested in receiving praise or otherwise for my thoughts, I just want to get them out.

Even before I clicked on this thread I didn't think paedos deserve protection, or our reason.  They deserve anything the get over and above the sentence handed out to them.

The Thread Killer
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2007, 08:11:24 PM »

this thread is so sad, for so many reasons - the idea that blondes could "fall out" with each other over this louse, is probably the saddest.

The people we should be feeling sorry for are our Blonde friends who were taken in by this guy, and offered him friendship. These are the ones who will be hurting most this evening. Direct your energies towards them - send them a pm, tell them you are there for them.

People are frightened of paedophelia. This is the reason for the perfectly natural reaction of threatning violence against its perpetrators. it makes you feel safe.

Safer than Mikky will be in B-Hall of the BarL anyway, thats for sure.

We all have views, and it is important to share and discuss them. Lets just keep it civil.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2007, 08:42:37 PM »

this thread is so sad, for so many reasons - the idea that blondes could "fall out" with each other over this louse, is probably the saddest.

The people we should be feeling sorry for are our Blonde friends who were taken in by this guy, and offered him friendship. These are the ones who will be hurting most this evening. Direct your energies towards them - send them a pm, tell them you are there for them.

People are frightened of paedophelia. This is the reason for the perfectly natural reaction of threatning violence against its perpetrators. it makes you feel safe.

Safer than Mikky will be in B-Hall of the BarL anyway, thats for sure.

We all have views, and it is important to share and discuss them. Lets just keep it civil.

Well said 

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2007, 09:05:33 PM »

Ok i see to have caused a bit of a storm, oddly i actually took the time to think about what i posted before doing so!
I was very angry on a few levels.
Firstly i opened the thread expecting to know what it contained, i had kept a confidence remember that poppet had said Mikky was awaiting trial for hitting his kids pissed and drugged up one night during an argument with his ex.
Secondly my kids pics are in that thread.
Thirdly i had met the guy and my skin crawled when i read what he had done.
Fourthly i know 2 women who were abused as kids and i have seen from closehand the effect that has in later life.

I admit i had rashly jumped from one conclusion to another, Poppet had lied originally about the whole granny thing because she was protecting him then onto that she lied about what he actually was arrested for.
i accept that she may never have known the full extent of what he was arrested for and i appologise if that is the case, probably not good enough i know but there is little else i can do.

As some have pointed out "general population" means when you are NOT seggregated in prison, i believe that the fear of regular beatings by the rest of the prison population would be an added deterrant to these perverts. I also believe in castrating the monsters but that's personal politics.

Good post mate - I appologise for getting all angry too. It's so emotive a subject though.

And I totally agree - he gets what he deserves if the general population get to him.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2007, 09:08:43 PM »

Just reread the entire thread and instead of arguments and retributions I think Red sums it up the best the reaction we should have to this awful news.

Read it and think.

I reacted to this news with feelings of shock, horror, anger and disgust. As, I suspect, did you. This sort of thing always gets me, I'm crying as I type.

The sad fact is that child abuse goes on day in, day out. In every street, in every town, all over the world.

I think we all know what we would like to do to Mikky T, and if we spew it out on here it might make us feel a little better, but that wont help the next child.

Save your anger. Turn it into compassion for the child less fortunate. Turn it into vigilance for the child at risk. Turn it into understanding, when a tiny voice makes that cry for help, you may be the only one to hear.

Never, ever, turn a blind eye.

I already read it, it was at the start of the thread

Without disparaging toms post these are all givens for any decent normal human being.

I dont know what you assume of the averege blondite to write: "read it and think" 8 pages later.

i have read the whole thread nearly twice i just wanted to make sure 100%

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2007, 09:19:05 PM »

I started this thread, and i have watched it grow over the last 16 or so hours.  When I decided to post this information, it was purely out of parental vigilance, I have had MikkyT in my home and he has had contact with my kids, He stayed over for 3 days on the trot at one point and this was the serious concern for both my wife and I when looking back.

I truely never suspected Mikky to be capable of such horrific acts.

All i really want to say is Please dont argue guys, the debates are great as always on blonde but to argue and infight makes no sense, we are all probably feeling a bit raw at the moment and to be honest that will fade and heal with time.

I see some people have mentioned Poppet and how she lied to cover up for Mikky being a Paedo, I truely dont believe she knew the extent of the trouble Mikky was in and I believe if she knew what Mikky was really all about then she would not have given the story of him being with his unwell nan.

As you can probably tell from the structure of this post my head is still halfway up my arse cos i still have not come to accept the news properly and I am having a bit of a " how could i not know" moment.

Peace out and please be civil.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2007, 09:24:14 PM »

As you can probably tell from the structure of this post my head is still halfway up my arse cos i still have not come to accept the news properly and I am having a bit of a " how could i not know" moment.

Billy I only bumped into Mikky a few times in the Riverboat and CinCins, as well as the interactions on here, and while I formed the opinion that the T could well stand for Twat, not for a second would I have imagined he was capable of these actions.

You certainly shouldn't be feeling bad about yourself. You did someone a good turn, and have subsequently discovered it was far from deserved.

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2007, 09:44:49 PM »

Absolutely disgusting, i cant believe i shared so many tables with this sicko, and even started a thread about going to lunch with him and poppet when she was up in glasgow visiting us(with group pictures of us all having a great time together!! totally sickened!

Billy - As i said on the phone earlier mate, there is nothing that anyone could have done, as we were all totally stumped by this.

And can you tell Gail, that Janet is thinking about her and the kids through all this.

Geez a phone later mate if you want

Dave
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:49:48 PM by Scottish Dave » Logged

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2007, 09:49:30 PM »

Absolutely disgusting, i cant believe i shared so many tables with this sicko, and even started a thread about going to lunch with him, with pics of nights out together! totally sickened!

Billy - As i said on the phone earlier mate, there is nothing that anyone could have done, as we were all totally stumped by this.

And can you tell Gail, that Janet is thinking about her and the kids through all this.

Geez a phone later mate if you want

Dave

Well said Dave.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2007, 09:53:54 PM »

I

I see some people have mentioned Poppet and how she lied to cover up for Mikky being a Paedo, I truely dont believe she knew the extent of the trouble Mikky was in and I believe if she knew what Mikky was really all about then she would not have given the story of him being with his unwell nan.

She was asked to say that Mikky was with his Nan by Mikky but she believed (as I understood it) that he was on remand waiting for his case to be heard re possible domestic violence (as mentioned before) rather than anything like this. I assume he strung her along with that story.
From what I know of Poppet she is a lovely young girl and eager to get on with people, I'm sure her only crime is naivety.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: