blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:21:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT Baden - FINAL TABLE live update
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Baden - FINAL TABLE live update  (Read 12884 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 12:13:07 PM »

'Confident-looking' Patrik Antonius at the end of the table.  He's actually from FINLAND.  Very sorry for all that confusion...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 12:18:54 PM »

Edgar Skjervold OUT - (Thanks to Julian who witnessed it all first hand while I was fiddling with the camera)

Firstly, he took on his compatriot Torstein, who raised.  Edgar's hood went up as he called (so you could tell them apart from a distance).  They checked the K-high flop, Torstein led out on fourth street and took that pot.

Then, after Patrik raised on the button, Torstein called from the small blind and Edgar moved all-in on the big blind.  With Edgar still shortest in chips, Patrik called with JJ and found Edgar with AQ.  No improvement means that part of Team Norsemen is our 8th place finisher, making €20,520.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 12:23:25 PM »

Gunnar Osterbrod - the Other Norwegian... He has an economics degree and is a successful online player, but this is his biggest tournament result to date...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 12:25:34 PM »

Here's the back of Peter Muhlbeck, Ingemar Backman (to his left) and Christian Grundtvig (left again)

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 12:34:11 PM »

Howdy yall

The older I get, the better I was.
Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 12:39:05 PM »

Tell julian to cheer up please looks a bit glum...

looks fantastic setting, and lots of eye candy for tikay! i here he likes kissing men

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 12:48:19 PM »

afternoon all,
well i failed to get home today, BA insisting that 900euro was the cheapest seat they had, so here i am stuck for one more day.
One more day having to endure a free bar & sumptuous food, what rotten luck.
The fillet steaks are great but really any more than 3 in one day just isn't good for the old bowel movements.
Today i breakfasted with Jen, two lattes & a light omlette. Bucks fizz is a nice way to greet the afternoon & they are now laying out a selection of nibbles with everything from smoked salmon to ham & eggs.
That'll do for a while but then it's probably time to fit in the first steak of the day & i'm hoping to stumble across the lovely little bowls of gnocchi that were available last night.
Back to the poker i think we have some chip counts, the last 7 are on a break.
Sunglass ratio was 1 in 4, that's gone up slightly now that edgar has gone.
1. g.osterbrod 217k
2. p.antonius 350k
3. t.iverssen 264k
5. p.muhlbeck 111k
6. i.backman 338k
7. c.grundtvik 202k
8. a.meijberg 314
i fancy torsten iverson to get heads up, he looks unfazed & comfortable & prob has the most experience.
patrick exudes confidence, i gather he's a right at-it merchant, me looking forward to seeing some fireworks
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 12:51:08 PM »

not glum at-it, just very very full.
i see we avoid each other in the prelims, thats about the only plus i can see, lol
Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 01:11:22 PM »

lol, there was never going to be any easy heat!!!

See you in the final tho, i like your chances in your heat... think you could steamroll it!

enjoy the steaks, i should've come to austria... nearly!

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 01:23:27 PM »

Next year Mr Gamblor, next year...

As for this year's final, there have been no real fireworks as such, but I noted the hands anyway.  Patrik Antonius, after a very confident start, has been having a slightly harder time of it.  He was in a three way pot with Ingemar Backman and Gunnar Osterbrod, seeing a flop of  qd kh three clubs.  When it was checked to him on the  turn, Patrik bet 30k and was called by Ingemar.  The river paired the board with the  qc, and they checked it down, Ingemar taking the pot with two pair, and sixes.

Then Patrick passed to Abel Meijberg's preflop re-raise giving him the benefit of the doubt and 24,000.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2005, 01:30:30 PM »

Then it was young Gunnar Osterbrod's turn to get busy, re-raising Ingemar Backman's preflop bet of 27k to 70k from the big blind, and immediately pushing all-in when the flop came down  qs .  He proceeded to take the next hand, too, with a big raise from the small blind.  So it looked like no one was going to try nicking those blinds any time soon.

However, all that hard work was undone when he got involved with Christian Grundtvig on a board which showed  qd kc .  Betting 50k, he found Christian's check-raise all-in just too much to call and was back to where he started.  Just to rub it in, Patrick took the next pot from him on the turn as well.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005, 01:38:27 PM »

Peter Muhlbeck just doubled up to around 250k - the lone Austrian played a sneaky pair of Queens in this fashion:

Patrik  limps on the button - Peter makes up the small blind and the big blind checks.  On a 2 3 10 flop, Peter led out 15k, call from Ingemar on his left, and Patrik raised to 60k on the button.  When Peter re-raised all-in for 110,000 total, Patrik felt obliged to call with his J 10 and found Peter Muhlbeck with those Queens.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2005, 01:41:10 PM »

Torstein Iversen OUT in 7th - takes €27,360

We have a TV screen set up in the press room (one floor up from where the actual action is) and so we can see when someone is standing up and walking away, but there's no sound, so the detail has to be reported from ringside.  So we know that fellow Norwegian Gunnar Osterbrod just eliminated Torstein, but not how.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2005, 01:52:49 PM »

torstein is eliminated in 7th spot for 27k.
he got all his chips in with 66 on a two spades,4s,5 flop but couldn't dodge gunnar's 10-6s flush draw that hit on the river

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2005, 01:58:18 PM »

& now peter goes out in 6th spot for 34k.
he moved in on the turn, on a king high board with K-Q but able had trapped him two red aces.
ouch

The money went in when the board looked like this: ks , and the  meant little as Peter Muhlbeck headed off.

Attached is pic of Abel Meijberg, who has more chips now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: