blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT Baden - FINAL TABLE live update
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Baden - FINAL TABLE live update  (Read 12952 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2005, 04:35:14 PM »

I don't think I've previously mentioned the astonishing fact about Patrik's first day - he arrived over FIVE HOURS late (who arrives late eh - don't these people want all their chips?) and arrived with less than half his starting stack.  He was immediately all-in with no hesitation, and he's stormed his way to the final table from there.  He also has a diamond earring.  I'll try to get a picture of it. 

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2005, 04:41:58 PM »

do diamond earrings do it for you djinn?Huh??? Wink Wink

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2005, 05:06:52 PM »

My friends got my ears pierced as a painful birthday present when I was 14, and I lost personal interest in earrings soon after.  But I think flashy jewellery makes for good pics... and it gets your attention when the light from the TV soundstage thing hits it... oooh, shiny....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2005, 05:12:42 PM »

Abel Meijberg OUT in 3rd place, taking €61,560!

The 22-year old Dutch player lost his chips over the course of three crowd-exciting hands..

Hand 1: Patrik raises from the big blind to 115,000.  Abel on the button moves all in with the  ac qc, finding Patrik with  asp kh.  The board comes nine high and Abel's previously big stack has been decimated - to around 45,000.

Hand 2: Abel moves all in with  qc (that suit again) and Patrik calls with  ah .  The flop looked bad for Abel, with  ac on it, but the turn brought a  and the river was the  Two Diamonds, so he's back in with a shot and over 100k.

Hand 3: Again against Patrik (Gunnar sitting pretty quietly in the corner) Abel shows  ah two spades vs  .  There looks like hope as the turn brings three hearts to the board, but it's not to be and Abel headed over to be congratulated by the Dutch and Norwegians alike.  And everyone else.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 05:14:51 PM by Djinn » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2005, 05:13:56 PM »

Here are Abel and Patrik (brown shirt) as they clash repeatedly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2005, 05:25:13 PM »

So we're heads up between chip leader Patrik Antonius (about 1.3million chips) and Gunnar Osterbrod from Norway.  Rolf Woods appeared deep in concentration as he tracks the 24-year-old's progress as he seeks to make a dent in Patrik's chips with his 500,000 or so.  They are seeing quite a few flops, with smallish pots going back and forth.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2005, 05:30:08 PM »

Gunnar has apparently recently completed an economics degree and is floating about playing online, with great success.  This is his biggest tournament achievement to date, however, I believe, and I am sure his eyes are on the €218,990 first prize (although €120,384 isn't bad).

smithy69

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2005, 05:31:17 PM »

HI DJINN,

Am now up and running with you guys. Awesome site and hope to be an asset rather than a ass. Cheesy

Thought I had better put a pic of me on here, so you knew what my ugly mug was really like
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2005, 05:37:05 PM »

welcome smithy69............nice to have more assets on here , we have enough asses Cheesy

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2005, 05:45:54 PM »

Eeyoreways says that Grin

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2005, 05:52:52 PM »

AHA but Smithy, it's ALL OVER

Patrik Antonius is the champion, taking the €218,990 first prize and a big old trophy!

That makes Gunnar Osterbrod 2nd place finisher for €120,384.

It appears that Patrik raised 50k with a call.  The flop was  .  Gunnar checked, Patrik bet 60k, Gunnar moved all in with the brave  qh .
Patrik had  for two pair, and with no improvement Patrik won the final pot of the day.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2005, 05:55:25 PM »

thanks once again djinn for the superb updates....well played patrik thumbs up

Martin Luther King Jr
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2005, 05:55:29 PM »

But here's the most fascinating bit of information for you blondeites:

I just got off the phone with Roland de Wolfe (remember him from Paris?) and he told me that he's good mates with Patrik and they agreed in Aruba to cross-book for 50%.  In other words, whatever one of them wins, the other has to pay 50% again!

Now, you might think this was looking a bit bleak for Roland - BUT - earlier on, when Patrik arrived SO late and had so few chips, they spoke and cancelled this one.  Can you believe it??

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2005, 05:57:38 PM »

Thanks hunky  Grin

Great update

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2005, 06:05:27 PM »

Thanks for the updates Jen.

Roland going a bit mad with his cash?!?!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: