blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:37:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Crazy call or great call?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crazy call or great call?  (Read 3985 times)
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 08:56:58 AM »

I agree with everyones having opinions etc.

What alarms me Newmanseye is that you say Patrik looked uncomfortable when he put his chips in. Approx 0% of the worlds population can get a physical read from Patrik on the strength of his hand. It is also hard to read someone for a deuce in their hand no matter how bad their body control would be.

Horrible call, but an understandable one. I probably stick the lot in with because unless your lucky there aint gona be many situations you can get your chips in against PA better than 50/50 (Presuming that most of the time you would be racing here with )

I never said he read him for a deuce, or that patrik was telegraphing a deuce, but in my opinion he looked less than confident when he pushed his chips in, from the moment Doyle makes up the bet till PA pushes he looks like he does not want a call.

I maintain that Doyle probably thought he was racing and was happy to do so as is one of his maxims.

Whats so ALARMING about that?

remind me never to swap a %.

M3Boy probably wishes he said the same thing.

iceman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2007, 12:12:28 PM »

I think you can say this is a dodgy call overall but if you compere it to
1-chris fergusons call versus t.j coultier a9o v aq

2-johnny chan call a7o versus helmuths 99

3-johnny chan call a9o versus frank henderson 44

4-t.j.coultier a3o call versus bill smith 33

all final hands in the wsop it can maybe seen slighly differently
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 01:05:09 PM »

I think you can say this is a dodgy call overall but if you compere it to
1-chris fergusons call versus t.j coultier a9o v aq

2-johnny chan call a7o versus helmuths 99

3-johnny chan call a9o versus frank henderson 44

4-t.j.coultier a3o call versus bill smith 33

all final hands in the wsop it can maybe seen slighly differently

Now i don't know how these hand were played out, and how the betting went etc.

Ax plays alot better calling an all heads up than 3's does, as ax is ahead of alot of the range they are calling, for example it plays better against all of the following hands, kq,kj,k10,k9,qj,q10,kk-44.Also the top 3 might even get lucky and be dominating a smaller ace.
iceman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 01:26:11 PM »

im pretty sure 2 was a raise helmuth reraise chan shove and a call. i think chan would have had a playable stack if he folds.

3 and 4 im sure were calls of shoves.

1 im not so sure but i think it was raise ferguson,shove, call.
iceman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 01:30:08 PM »

and then theres the infamous mr tony g,s call with a3o after limping from sb 4 handed. i say infamous in reference to the so called trash talk that followed
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »

What alarms me Newmanseye is that you say Patrik looked uncomfortable when he put his chips in. Approx 0% of the worlds population can get a physical read from Patrik on the strength of his hand. It is also hard to read someone for a deuce in their hand no matter how bad their body control would be.

Horrible call, but an understandable one. I probably stick the lot in with because unless your lucky there aint gona be many situations you can get your chips in against PA better than 50/50 (Presuming that most of the time you would be racing here with )

I never said he read him for a deuce, or that patrik was telegraphing a deuce, but in my opinion he looked less than confident when he pushed his chips in, from the moment Doyle makes up the bet till PA pushes he looks like he does not want a call.

I maintain that Doyle probably thought he was racing and was happy to do so as is one of his maxims.

Wilfully entering a race when 3 handed is not the best situation to get into.

Far better to chop than to race.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 02:24:42 PM »

remind me never to swap a %.

M3Boy probably wishes he said the same thing.

pmsl
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2007, 03:43:55 PM »

Its just crazy that a regular hobby player can say they picked up a read on Patrik Antonius imo.

I am a Super SLAG tourney player. If someone tells me to get the lot in on hand 1 of the world series and id be 49% to win the hand my chips would be there in a flash.

So, Mr Martin, wind your neck in!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: