blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:38:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 695 696 [697] 698 699 700 701 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282650 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #10440 on: October 09, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »

What happens (happened?) to Brendan's "backroom team", did they depart with him?

They have departed in the last couple of days apart from Gary Mac who has been offered another position at the club.

I always thought Gary Mac was a really decent guy - hope he comes out of it all OK.

Brendan is a decent guy, too, but slightly less sympathy, as I assume he got a nice pay off, more than most us us will earn in our lifetime. Think I could cope with the tin tack is a couple of milly came with it.   

It seems like I have a completely unjustified reputation around these parts as a hater.

So I'd like to put on record how much I admire and respect Brendan Rodgers. I think he's a great bloke.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: October 09, 2015, 12:12:04 PM »

What happens (happened?) to Brendan's "backroom team", did they depart with him?

They have departed in the last couple of days apart from Gary Mac who has been offered another position at the club.

I always thought Gary Mac was a really decent guy - hope he comes out of it all OK.

Brendan is a decent guy, too, but slightly less sympathy, as I assume he got a nice pay off, more than most us us will earn in our lifetime. Think I could cope with the tin tack is a couple of milly came with it.   

7 million is the rumoured payoff for Brendan.

£7,000,000 for FAILING?

The world's gone mad.

£7 million, can you begin to imagine how much that is?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: October 09, 2015, 12:13:01 PM »

His missus must be loving that with their on going divorce going through the courts with their 100+ property portfolio as well.  Expensive mid life crisis for Rodgers getting involved with the sexy blonde PA in the liverpool club offices.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3177331/Brendan-Rodgers-divorce-goes-Court.html
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10443 on: October 09, 2015, 12:41:54 PM »

£7,000,000 for FAILING?

The world's gone mad.

Ha , at my current income it would take me 2800 years to earn that !

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: October 09, 2015, 01:02:04 PM »

£7,000,000 for FAILING?

The world's gone mad.

Ha , at my current income it would take me 2800 years to earn that !

Some overtime or nights to reduce the time taken. Lets be positive!

Carpe Diem
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: October 09, 2015, 01:06:15 PM »

In all seriousness, i dont get the compensation package that managers get when the get sacked.

Sacking them as they have failed to meet the expectations, you've paid them monthly under the contract, why on earth would they get paid afterwards for the remaining term AND be allowed to get another job within weeks.

I'd half understand if we paid Rodgers £7m for the remainder of his contract under the condition he can't work during that time.

Klopp press conference was great. Such an exciting time

Carpe Diem
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: October 09, 2015, 01:22:27 PM »

Klopp is absolutely hilarious, already speaks good English, wait until he's fluent. Brilliant appt for Liverpool.

He doesn't do 'instant turnaround', he does root and branch stuff and you'll see in two or three years his value.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: October 09, 2015, 06:12:07 PM »

will he get the chance to do root and branch stuff though? Nobody nowadays ever does, its just throw another 300 milly buying players sack manager, rinse and repeat
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: October 09, 2015, 06:43:17 PM »

Obv you are right Engy and the whole setup regards sacking/hiring Managers is completely ludicrous, but when you sack a Manager with another one lined up to take over who you think is superior I think that's fair enough.

Pretty brutal though for Rodgers considering he was something like a 1/20 shot to basically be a Legend at Liverpool and would have been locked in as a great Manager by many pundits and fans alike, now he's probs bigger than a 1/20 shot to never get another opportunity as big as the Liverpool job again, seems very harsh and a bit silly to me that.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: October 09, 2015, 06:50:45 PM »

Klopp is absolutely hilarious, already speaks good English, wait until he's fluent. Brilliant appt for Liverpool.

He doesn't do 'instant turnaround', he does root and branch stuff and you'll see in two or three years his value.

Great work to get the 2000/1 shot through the door.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: October 10, 2015, 11:25:16 AM »

Click to see full-size image.
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: October 13, 2015, 11:42:01 PM »

Love this pic
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10452 on: October 14, 2015, 02:35:15 PM »

Klopp’s potential midfield targets? http://wscrd.co/KloppRaid

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: October 15, 2015, 04:06:17 PM »

ings and gomez both out for rest of season not a great start for klop of the kop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34542231

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: October 15, 2015, 05:52:38 PM »

Looks like his more aggressive tactics are having an effect Cheesy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 695 696 [697] 698 699 700 701 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: