blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:44:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 694 695 [696] 697 698 699 700 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282731 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10425 on: October 09, 2015, 10:36:44 AM »

Klopp hints......

New Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has described the Anfield job as "the biggest challenge" in world football.

The 48-year-old German was appointed as Brendan Rodgers' successor on Thursday, signing a three-year deal worth £15m.

He takes over a side who are 10th in the Premier League with 12 points from eight games.

"I was never a guy for an easy way," Klopp told LFCTV. "This is the biggest challenge in football. It is the most interesting job in world football."

Klopp continued: "I read in the papers it is a disaster, but we are only six points to the top position in the table.

"It is interesting that nobody is satisfied or patient. We have to think about what to change. That is my job.

"I know what I want. First I need to talk to the players to find a common way. We will find that and who wants to do what I propose.

"Whoever wants to do what I want can be a good friend of mine. And it is not so bad a thing to be a friend of mine."

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: October 09, 2015, 10:37:43 AM »

OK it's standard new-Manager speak, but if I were a Liverpool fan, I think I'd be pretty happy with this.

Exciting times.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: October 09, 2015, 11:08:29 AM »

Well Pards has just said he won't give up until he manages a big team.

In the betting for me:

Pardew 6/1
Klopp 2000/1
Jamie Carragher 1900/1

ill take  your bet at 6/1

and a bet at 2000/1?

Lol
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: October 09, 2015, 11:16:09 AM »

A good thing for the league.

A nice guy with a big personality, i am not at all concerned about the transfer committee (neither will he be he signed 2 players himself in all his time at BD). His sidekick will do most of the transfer work leaving him time to do what he does really well coach players to improve.

He did really well at Mainz then faltered at the end (unable to get them back up) but they are a small club. He obviously did really well at BD before a slightly poor end, the stats boy tells us BD were ridiculously unlucky on all of the parameters last season and it certainly looked that way in a few games i saw.

The best coach Liverpool could have got by a street and a massive upgrade on Rodgers.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10429 on: October 09, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »

Pretty impressed with him in the interview.Came across very well..

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: October 09, 2015, 11:26:01 AM »

What happens (happened?) to Brendan's "backroom team", did they depart with him?

Will Klopp bring his own retinue with him?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: October 09, 2015, 11:27:12 AM »

I saw Robbie Fowler quoted as saying he's like to be involved with Klopp's team of advisors.

Does he have any coaching or management ability? Would Klopp consider him. Surely not?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: October 09, 2015, 11:34:12 AM »

What happens (happened?) to Brendan's "backroom team", did they depart with him?

Will Klopp bring his own retinue with him?

O'Driscoll went yesterday

McAllister was told he would not have a role with the 1st team. went straight out and took first team training, voluntarily, yesterday morning

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: October 09, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »

I saw Robbie Fowler quoted as saying he's like to be involved with Klopp's team of advisors.

Does he have any coaching or management ability? Would Klopp consider him. Surely not?

Stick to buying terraced houses to rent in lolapool robbie!  

Is this the biggest job of Rodger's career at the age of 42?  Where do people think he will go next in the next 5 or 10 years?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10434 on: October 09, 2015, 11:34:58 AM »

They have departed in the last couple of days apart from Gary Mac who has been offered another position at the club.

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: October 09, 2015, 11:39:42 AM »

They have departed in the last couple of days apart from Gary Mac who has been offered another position at the club.

I always thought Gary Mac was a really decent guy - hope he comes out of it all OK.

Brendan is a decent guy, too, but slightly less sympathy, as I assume he got a nice pay off, more than most us us will earn in our lifetime. Think I could cope with the tin tack is a couple of milly came with it.   

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: October 09, 2015, 11:55:42 AM »

About as much chance as Klopp hiring Fowler as me.

Token "club legend" appointments are usually just to appease the fans which is not needed here so best to hire people you actually want working with you.

Krawietz is his main transfer man video analyst and scout always been with Klopp since the start at Mainz.

Buvac played with Klopp at Mainz and then was hired as his assistant at BD after failing on his own. Main tactical ally and known as the "brain".

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: October 09, 2015, 12:04:18 PM »

A German with a sense of humour?

"I don't want to describe myself," Klopp said. "I am a totally normal guy. I am the normal one maybe?

I sense some sparks may fly between Klopp & Mourinho.

Liverpool visit Spurs tomorrow week. Will be well worth watching.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10438 on: October 09, 2015, 12:05:56 PM »

I always thought Gary Mac was a really decent guy - hope he comes out of it all OK.

Brendan is a decent guy, too, but slightly less sympathy, as I assume he got a nice pay off, more than most us us will earn in our lifetime. Think I could cope with the tin tack is a couple of milly came with it.   

7 million is the rumoured payoff for Brendan.

Martin Luther King Jr
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: October 09, 2015, 12:07:12 PM »

A German with a sense of humour?

"I don't want to describe myself," Klopp said. "I am a totally normal guy. I am the normal one maybe?

I sense some sparks may fly between Klopp & Mourinho.

Liverpool visit Spurs tomorrow week. Will be well worth watching.

Klopp wont bite so i doubt Jose will bother for to long.

Pages: 1 ... 692 693 694 695 [696] 697 698 699 700 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: