blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:38:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282539 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7080 on: August 25, 2013, 11:26:51 AM »

Don't buy it to be honest. If we'd been able to play the same way in the second half we would and should have. Instead we ended up relying on last-ditch stuff and a slice of luck. How many shots did we have in the second half? Any?

Rodger's philosophy is to keep the ball and if you have it the opposition can't score. But that wasn't the case in the second half.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: August 25, 2013, 11:52:47 AM »

Rodger's talking absolute shite if he thinks that was a tactical decision. Villa look dangerous up top so why on earth would you play to their strengths
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: August 25, 2013, 01:47:47 PM »

Don't buy it to be honest. If we'd been able to play the same way in the second half we would and should have. Instead we ended up relying on last-ditch stuff and a slice of luck. How many shots did we have in the second half? Any?

Rodger's philosophy is to keep the ball and if you have it the opposition can't score. But that wasn't the case in the second half.

Rodger's talking absolute shite if he thinks that was a tactical decision. Villa look dangerous up top so why on earth would you play to their strengths

agree, it seemed alien to do this.  So why did we?  Concern going forward, if this is to continue.  Our strengths at present are possession, but with purpose, and our fluidity going forward.  We aren't strong enough at the back to invite teams on to us.  1st half was the "New way forward" the 2nd half, was Liverpool of the last 3-4 years.

Don't understand why we didn't keep on doing what we did great, get the 2nd goal, and end the game.  We won't always be able to hang-on.

Carpe Diem
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: August 25, 2013, 05:53:26 PM »

Pressing higher plays into the hands of counter attacking teams no? Defending at half pitch when away to a CAside seems pretty sharp to me.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: August 25, 2013, 06:18:15 PM »

Pressing higher plays into the hands of counter attacking teams no? Defending at half pitch when away to a CAside seems pretty sharp to me.

Yes, but villa were the same side that started the game and we were all over them and in total control. If anything the side would have done excatly that in te first half when we pushed forward.

They only came into the game, after around 60-65mins when we decided to sit back 10-15 yds more. Thus inviting pressure ourselves

Carpe Diem
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7085 on: August 25, 2013, 06:42:53 PM »

Villa could have very easily equalised in the second-half.  Like I said, did we have ANY shots in the 2nd half at all?  I don't think we needed to play too high, and go all out to score another, but we neglected to keep the ball and that was the biggest problem, whilst at the same time Villa were enjoying a lot of possession in more dangerous positions.

Still, we won and I'll take that Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: August 26, 2013, 02:05:27 PM »

Agree with both points. But I like a manager who isn't afraid to react. Mourinho is the master of it. Triple sub, throw on a 3rd winger, sit deep or throw a CB up top. All of the above are acceptable. Rodgers reacted well to the changing game. Villa pressed higher and harder and we lacked energy. They're at home and you expect their momentum to pick up. He changed it and secured 3 points. Yes we need to be better as a side but Rodgers was bang on imo.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7087 on: August 27, 2013, 06:25:10 PM »

Jordan Rossitier in the squad for tonight's league cup match.  He's only 16, but is meant to be an outstanding talent and possibly the next big star to come through from the academy - the "next Stevie G".
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:27:32 PM by kinboshi » Logged

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7088 on: August 27, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »

Jordan Rossitier in the squad for tonight's league cup match.  He's only 16, but is meant to be an outstanding talent and possibly the next big star to come through from the academy - the "next Stevie G".

Call.

Liverpool: Mignolet, Cissokho, Toure, Wisdom, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Alberto, Sterling, Ibe, Sturridge.

Substitutes: Jones, Agger, Aspas, Coutinho, Henderson, Lucas, Borini.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7089 on: August 27, 2013, 07:07:14 PM »

Call.

Liverpool: Mignolet, Cissokho, Toure, Wisdom, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Alberto, Sterling, Ibe, Sturridge.

Bugger.  It was rumoured he was going to be included in the squad (but probably not get to actually play).  Would have been good experience for him, even without getting on the pitch.

Hopefully, he'll get some chances during the season.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7090 on: August 27, 2013, 07:09:40 PM »

Call.

Bugger.  It was rumoured he was going to be included in the squad (but probably not get to actually play).  Would have been good experience for him, even without getting on the pitch.

Yes , to be honest i am surprised there are not a couple of youth players on the bench.

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7091 on: August 27, 2013, 07:42:45 PM »

http://liverpoolfc.wikia.com/wiki/Jordan_Rossiter

I remember John Welsh being touted as the next superstar. Didn't quite happen for him though.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7092 on: August 27, 2013, 08:37:13 PM »

He keeps scoring.  Thought he was a good buy, just because we needed a half-decent forward and anyone would have done.  But he's exceeded my expectations and think Liverpool bagged a bargain with him.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7093 on: August 27, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »

He keeps scoring.  Thought he was a good buy, just because we needed a half-decent forward and anyone would have done.  But he's exceeded my expectations and think Liverpool bagged a bargain with him.

So far he has been very impressive.I would love to be eating humble pie come the end of the season if he proves to be the real deal.

Sterling must have been working on the weights - so much harder to knock off the ball now.

Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7094 on: August 27, 2013, 09:50:17 PM »

Sloppy second half, AGAIN.

Another 30 minutes, good practice for Sunday I guess Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: