blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 545 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282511 times)
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8100 on: April 17, 2014, 07:18:57 PM »

With pellagerinos comments after the game last night, with regards to "minds still on the liverpool game" shows how much, at this end of the season, the mindset plays a huge part.

We seem quite strong in that department thus far.

Carpe Diem
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: April 17, 2014, 07:32:50 PM »

With pellagerinos comments after the game last night, with regards to "minds still on the liverpool game" shows how much, at this end of the season, the mindset plays a huge part.

pool employed a sports psychologist called steve peters a couple of years back . ronnie osullivan, bradley wiggins and plenty others are on record singing his praises big time. more recently gerrard, henderson and sturridge have been doing the same.

i used to think it was all a load of guff but he has a very impressive cv of famous sportsmen that really rate him.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: April 17, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »

pool employed a sports psychologist called steve peters a couple of years back . ronnie osullivan, bradley wiggins and plenty others are on record singing his praises big time. more recently gerrard, henderson and sturridge have been doing the same.

i used to think it was all a load of guff but he has a very impressive cv of famous sportsmen that really rate him.

Without doubt, massive impact. Was involved in british cycling i believe

Carpe Diem
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: April 18, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »

England have also employed him pre-world cup. We may actually score a few pens....
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: April 18, 2014, 09:39:44 AM »

Pendleton said SP was the most important person in her career. I think Hoy said similar.

He did wonders for Bellamy and this season has worked with Suarez a lot.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: April 18, 2014, 09:43:08 AM »

What influence, good or bad, has FSG & Mr Henry had on the dramatic turnaround?

It is less than 4 years since the Gillett & Hicks era, & the difficult situation that ensued, amazing how time flies, but it's worth remembering the different climate you now exist in.

Seems to me that FSG are "good" owners, though we must accept they are involved for one reason only - to make money. (Which I have no problem with).   

I guess this was of no interest to anyone, or the FSG thing not deemed significant, it never got a single reply, but if anyone has a view, I'm still interested. It seemed to me that prior to their arrival, things were at a very low ebb indeed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: April 18, 2014, 09:45:24 AM »

It is less than 4 years since the Gillett & Hicks era, & the difficult situation that ensued, amazing how time flies, but it's worth remembering the different climate you now exist in.

Seems to me that FSG are "good" owners, though we must accept they are involved for one reason only - to make money. (Which I have no problem with).   

I guess this was of no interest to anyone, or the FSG thing not deemed significant, it never got a single reply, but if anyone has a view, I'm still interested. It seemed to me that prior to their arrival, things were at a very low ebb indeed.

This would be a huge reply from me that would bore most. My view of FSG is probably a little biased too and some of it based on weird things.

All in all good owners though.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: April 18, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »

Fascinating. I love a good graph me.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/six-graphs-that-show-this-is-the-most-competitive-premier-league-season-in-history-30192891.html
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: April 18, 2014, 09:51:39 AM »

This would be a huge reply from me that would bore most. My view of FSG is probably a little biased too and some of it based on weird things.

Feer free to PM me the reply, if you think Liverpool supporters would be bored by it.

It is a matter I find extremely interesting, especially as it pertains - or not - to the rejuvenation of Liverpool FC.

The detail in football on the playing field does not interest me much, I really don't care if they have a diamond, or a man in the hole, & all that bollox, but how the owners can influence the success or otherwise of a Football Club is of interest.

Part of my admiration for all things Arsenal is based on what amounts to a very well run Business, where the key parameter is good, sound, sustainable, money management. 

Liverpool's resurgence does NOT, it seems to me, arise from any spending spree such as we have seen elsewhere @ Man C & Chelsea. All the more remarkable, then. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:02 AM »

Eternally grateful that they removed H&G. I like that they are quiet,  they got us off the front pages and put us on the back. They seem calm and calculated in their approach. Havent rushed into the stadia issue ( no pictures of spades in parks etc)

Personally not sure of the signing set up, as we've messed up on a few occasions already.
This summer will be a big test on how much they are in for long haul, as certainly need to bolster the squad, and big, but well.

Stablilty, sustainability and success (CL football was the 3 year plan) have all followed, so you can't ask for more than that

Carpe Diem
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: April 18, 2014, 09:55:23 AM »

Id love to hear your thoughts tbh

Carpe Diem
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: April 18, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »

Eternally grateful that they removed H&G. I like that they are quiet,  they got us off the front pages and put us on the back. They seem calm and calculated in their approach. Havent rushed into the stadia issue ( no pictures of spades in parks etc)
Personally not sure of the signing set up, as we've messed up on a few occasions already.

This summer will be a big test on how much they are in for long haul, as certainly need to bolster the squad, and big, but well.

Stablilty, sustainability and success (CL football was the 3 year plan) have all followed, so you can't ask for more than that

BOOM BOOM BOOM.

EXACTLY the stuff I admire in a well run Football Club. Feet on the ground, do it first, then chirp, no pie in the sky nonsense.

From my knowledge of FSG, they are long-term people, & I think they'll try to invest wisely & sensibly.

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: April 18, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »

Have you watched the Irish fan video?  Perfect! And I think we can all relate!!

Carpe Diem
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: April 18, 2014, 01:25:53 PM »

Trio for POY award and 2 for YPOY

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27076251

Carpe Diem
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: April 18, 2014, 02:30:23 PM »

Suarez and Hazard for me

Ole Ole Ole Ole!