blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:15:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 621 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1284653 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9240 on: August 22, 2014, 02:24:14 PM »

And the 7 goals is factoring in the wages as well

thumbs up

He'll score more PL goals that Nani this season Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9241 on: August 22, 2014, 02:26:15 PM »

I really don't get the hate for this. 

The guy is an amazing talent.  Sure he has issues but this is just good business. 

I mean Ross McCormack went to Fulham for near 12 million. 

Waz is the only Liverpool fan (tell a lie, another one I know thinks the same) who isn't excited or happy about signing Super Mario.

Every other Liverpool fan I've spoken to thinks it's exciting and a positive thing.  Most neutrals are excited about having him back in the PL as well it seems (although I could be wrong on this).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: August 22, 2014, 02:57:48 PM »

Deffo excited having him back. He's entertainment if nothing else

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: August 22, 2014, 03:03:17 PM »

i love him cant remember why the hate most of the stories i remember of the good things he has done

wish the saints had the money and the bottle to have signed him but after Osvaldo wasn't gonna happen

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: August 22, 2014, 03:16:31 PM »

From Pirlos book

"We need Mario Balotelli. I’m not sure he really appreciates it yet, but he’s a special kind of medicine, an antidote to the potentially lethal poison of the racists you find in Italian grounds.

They’re a truly horrendous bunch, a herd of frustrated individuals who’ve taken the worst of history and made it their own. And they’re more than just a minority, despite what certain mealy-mouthed spin doctors would have you believe. Those guys would use a fire extinguisher to put out a match.

Whenever I see Mario at an Italy training camp, I’ll give him a big smile. It’s my way of letting him know that I’m right behind him and that he mustn’t give up. A gesture that means ‘thank you’.

He’s often targeted and insulted by opposition fans. Let’s say that the way he goes about his business perhaps doesn’t help him get much love, but I’m still convinced that if he was white, people would leave him in peace.

‘Jump up high so Balotelli dies’ is an unspeakable chant that, sadly, I’ve heard at the Juventus Stadium amongst other places. Even worse are the monkey noises that I’ve listened to pretty much everywhere.

But instead of depressing Mario, moronic behaviour of that kind actually seems to fire him up. He won’t let this human trash get their way, and it’s the most intelligent response because if you listen to what a stupid person says, you elevate them to the position of interlocutor. If you simply ignore them (still acknowledging that, unfortunately, they exist) you’re leaving them to stew in their own polluted sea: one where there are no friends and no shore. The good news is that even sharks can die of loneliness after a while.

Cesare Prandelli gave us national team players some firm direction on the matter. “If you hear people in the stands disrespecting Mario, run over to him and hug him.” In that way, hate can be cancelled out by an equivalent dose of love.

Not a fashionable choice, but a pretty forceful idea.

I’m happy that Mario is the way he is. He’ll react (wrongly) to provocation on the pitch, but doesn’t let what’s going on in the crowd affect him. If he scores, he might put his finger to his lips to mock the opposition fans, something that really infuriates them, but if they tell him he’s got the wrong colour of skin he’ll simply laugh in their faces. He makes complete fools of them and emerges a convincing winner. The way I see it, he’s capable of becoming a symbol of the fight against racism, both in Italy and throughout the world.

In terms of footballing ability, Mario’s class is unquestionable. I’d have happily seen him end up in a Juventus shirt. Top players are in a position of real strength, in that they can basically pick their club."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: August 22, 2014, 04:00:53 PM »

Don't think it's accurate to label this acquisition 'good business' by focussing entirely on the transfer fee alone. If he does something crazy (which is inevitable), especially after Suarez, Liverpool are going to start acquiring a certain reputation. Let's say he gets banned for racism or cheating, how is this going to affect Liverpool's commercial potential, especially abroad? Or how does it affect the influential youth players coming through? Or families views about going to Anfield?

If the squad becomes disillusioned and there is friction between different factions on the training ground is that 'good business'?

First rule of business. Protect the business against risk. So how is this signing 'good business'?

Anyway Liverpool are now insisting on a code of behaviour clause in his contract so I don't think they're ultra confident about their abilities to tame this madman.

Suarez was nothing but good business for Liverpool though. Financially speaking that's a fact.

I don't disagree buddy. That said I think that's more down to luck than judgement. The wheels could've come off several times but it just so happened that he rode out the storm and exploded with the season of his life to max his value at the right time. That doesn't mean to say rolling the dice again is sound business strategy.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: August 22, 2014, 04:20:10 PM »

I really don't get the hate for this. 

The guy is an amazing talent.  Sure he has issues but this is just good business. 

I mean Ross McCormack went to Fulham for near 12 million. 

Waz is the only Liverpool fan (tell a lie, another one I know thinks the same) who isn't excited or happy about signing Super Mario.

Every other Liverpool fan I've spoken to thinks it's exciting and a positive thing.  Most neutrals are excited about having him back in the PL as well it seems (although I could be wrong on this).

Am i really the only one!??

Certainly not excited by him you're correct. I'm happy we have signed a forward of a certain calibre, his talent is unquestioned, and in this category; but i'm not happy it is him specifically, as i can't stand his attitude.

I state if he matures, and stops being a fool, he'll be a superb signing, hope I'm as wrong as can be, but i don't think it'll work. I don't agree either it is worth the risk.

Haven't felt like this since Julian Dicks!

Carpe Diem
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: August 22, 2014, 09:45:05 PM »

Don't think it's accurate to label this acquisition 'good business' by focussing entirely on the transfer fee alone. If he does something crazy (which is inevitable), especially after Suarez, Liverpool are going to start acquiring a certain reputation. Let's say he gets banned for racism or cheating, how is this going to affect Liverpool's commercial potential, especially abroad? Or how does it affect the influential youth players coming through? Or families views about going to Anfield?

If the squad becomes disillusioned and there is friction between different factions on the training ground is that 'good business'?

First rule of business. Protect the business against risk. So how is this signing 'good business'?

Anyway Liverpool are now insisting on a code of behaviour clause in his contract so I don't think they're ultra confident about their abilities to tame this madman.

Suarez was nothing but good business for Liverpool though. Financially speaking that's a fact.

I don't disagree buddy. That said I think that's more down to luck than judgement. The wheels could've come off several times but it just so happened that he rode out the storm and exploded with the season of his life to max his value at the right time. That doesn't mean to say rolling the dice again is sound business strategy.

It's not just that though. He's sold more merchandise than anyone in any one season ever at Liverpool. We were the most watched team in the prem last season but the games where Suarez was absent attracted less viewers. His tv appearances were more watched than Gerrard and Dalglish's.

Before he was sold he made Liverpool money. The "negative effect" on the coffers is really just guesswork by hacks and not backed up with figures.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:54:13 PM by The Baron » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9248 on: August 22, 2014, 09:51:15 PM »

Apparently Mario's agent has confirmed the fee as €16m, which is a little under £13m.

Even more of a bargain!

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: August 22, 2014, 09:52:35 PM »

Sure sorted Suarez out. Don't care how good this psychologist is- balloteli is an accident waiting to happen

The best return of a player in 38 game season history. Sure didn't.

Why is that down to the psychologist? Suarez undoubtedly has talent but with it comes huge baggage. Well done mate it's down to u he had such a great season. The fact he bit a player AGAIN doesn't reflect on you work as a psychologist.

Well why is it not?

Victoria Pendleton said her psychologist was the most important person in her career. Chris Hoy has made similar quotes. Dave Brailsford said he was the best appointment he'd ever made. Ronnie O'Sullivan relies so heavily on his that hes lost without him. Suarez (Gerrard and many others at Liverpool) all have similar relationships.

All of the above work with the same person. I fail to believe Suarez behaved of his own accord last season and just happened to have a gpg ratio unheard of in open play in England. Sorry but that's a stretch.

If anyone can sort Super Mario out its Peters.

And also, I'm not buying that most of the haters wouldn't take the fella to their club in a heartbeat if they could.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: August 22, 2014, 09:57:21 PM »

Spot on Re Peters

His whole track record tells you he is very good at his job the fact Suarez did what he did away from Liverpool only reinforces the point. Amazing that football and other sports were everything else is still analysed to the nth degree some still see mental work as a weakness or pointless

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: August 22, 2014, 10:15:03 PM »

Guardian (friend sent link) saying

3yr deal
And we are in paris talking to eto'o "in case of a collapse"

Carpe Diem
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9252 on: August 22, 2014, 10:29:23 PM »

Hearing different things regarding Eto'o.  Some are saying that's it's a backup plan should the Balotelli deal fall through, others are saying that it's in addition to getting Mario. All are saying it's a 1-year deal, and I guess that would make sense and in a year's time Origi might be ready to step in?

It's all going off at Liverpool (or it's just another unsubstantiated rumour) Cheesy

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9253 on: August 22, 2014, 11:29:50 PM »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/balotelli-exclusive-how-striker-convinced-7660700

kp24

View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: August 23, 2014, 02:07:43 AM »

Wasn't happy when I first heard about ballotelli I'm still not happy.hes a player who turns up once a season and I don't think he's that talented imo plus like waz says goes against our team ethic he's bone idle and selfish and fancies himself,the guy has screws missing upstairs and whatever you say about Suarez problems he always performs on the pitch.big gamble by Rodgers hope it pays off hopefully ballotelli will realise it's his last chance at big club and grasps it like Sturridge.
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 621 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: