blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:03:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282300 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #4815 on: January 01, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »

Jeez, George/Aaron just agree to disagree and move on. Life is too short.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: January 01, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »

Past it mate. Hope you and yours are well! :-)
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: January 01, 2012, 08:24:26 PM »

Read it all. It's pretty much a best guess. Utd have done their homework far better it seems.

Would it really hurt to put your hands up and accept that Suarez was guilty as charged?

Or would that be too much of a climb down given some of your comments about Evra in earlier posts?

He is guilty in the opinion of the FA. For me, it's "we think this, it's probably that". "We'll take 10 times as a figure of speech, oh he said nigger now? Oh ok then." lots of that.

I'm convinced Suarez isn't blameless. Do i think it happened how they said it? Probably not. But the guy is crucified as a commission basically is pulling apart 3 very similar sentences (to me anyway) that happened in a period of minutes. Basically his inconsistent report made them come up with, " he said it 7 times.... Probably"

I too can't see an appeal being any good.

I still think Evra is a prize twat with a huge chip on his shoulder.

Surely not a rational comment considering all Evra did was to verbally defend himself on the pitch and subsequently tell the truth about the incident to the hearing (which Suarez never contested )

Its widely acknowledged that there is a cultural difference and Suarezs comments were ignorant , but here in the UK they are classed as racist , Thats a fact and the FA have acted accordingly...  Time for everbody concerned to move on !!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: January 01, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »

Evra is a twatters from long before this case.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: January 01, 2012, 10:11:58 PM »

As is Suarez

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4820 on: January 01, 2012, 11:39:57 PM »

Read it all. It's pretty much a best guess. Utd have done their homework far better it seems.

Would it really hurt to put your hands up and accept that Suarez was guilty as charged?

Or would that be too much of a climb down given some of your comments about Evra in earlier posts?

He is guilty in the opinion of the FA. For me, it's "we think this, it's probably that". "We'll take 10 times as a figure of speech, oh he said nigger now? Oh ok then." lots of that.

I'm convinced Suarez isn't blameless. Do i think it happened how they said it? Probably not. But the guy is crucified as a commission basically is pulling apart 3 very similar sentences (to me anyway) that happened in a period of minutes. Basically his inconsistent report made them come up with, " he said it 7 times.... Probably"

Surely not a rational comment considering all Evra did was to verbally defend himself on the pitch and subsequently tell the truth about the incident to the hearing (which Suarez never contested )

Its widely acknowledged that there is a cultural difference and Suarezs comments were ignorant , but here in the UK they are classed as racist , Thats a fact and the FA have acted accordingly...  Time for everbody concerned to move on !!

and to stop wearing shirts in support of Suarez...LFC looked like a right plonkers amateurish club for having the players do this. A massive PR no-no IMO

Edit plonkers was a bit harsh
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:01:45 AM by boldie » Logged

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: January 02, 2012, 08:19:27 AM »

and to stop wearing shirts in support of Suarez...LFC looked like a right plonkers amateurish club for having the players do this. A massive PR no-no IMO

Edit plonkers was a bit harsh

Not sure that the edit was needed

Only a matter of time before Godwin's Law comes into play here I suspect, but this article may help http://alturl.com/pka9p

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: January 02, 2012, 10:12:04 AM »

So any debate on the FA's report with Utd fans so far is either a) the race card being played at LFC fans (very intelligent - I know how Suarez feels! Wink - I'm being ironical here please don't get too upset) or b) being in denial.

I'm so glad we're all adults. Is it any wonder we get heated when defending this type of nonsense? Oh wait don't get upset, you're just showing off your victim mentality! lol

Weirdly, if the debate moved back to the report itself and what it says rather than this playground stuff you both know full well the independent report is in your favour - not mine. But if you're happier trying to smear with racial accusation (pretty disgusting) and incite with "being in denial" links (although to be fair this is a good deal more humorous than being told I would defend racism) then gg to you both.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: January 02, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »

Football Against Racism in Europe has warned Liverpool against appealing Luis Suarez's eight-match ban saying "Liverpool FC have the right to appeal, however we would call on the club to think again about their public campaign to dispute the charges and contest the principles involved in the case. As a club with a good international standing, the vehemence of their campaign is unquestionably causing them reputational harm."

If the grounds for appeal are that the FA has got it in for them and Evra is a twat then I think Liverpool should heed that warning. I wonder why the FA has got it in for Liverpool? I can't really think of any reasons. In fact I would imagine the FA desperately wanted Suarez to be found not guilty to avoid the inevitable shitstorm a guilty verdict would create. Let's Kick Racism Out of Football was established in 1993 and Kick It Out established as a body in 1997 and yet in 2011 it appears racial abuse is quite common in English football. The FA have had this case and then the case of the England captain to contend with so their international reputation is on the rocks right now. We can't rightly criticise the world cup going to Russia or Sepp Blatter's antiquated views on racism when we can't even get our own house in order. Guilty verdicts passed on players of our top clubs magnify the FA's inability to kick racism out of football and lessen their credibility as a governing body.

A lot of top football clubs have traditionally invited this siege mentality in times of crisis because it brings a sense of togetherness and the team grows stronger. We saw Liverpool do this with the t-shirts and an attitude that they don't care what the FA say because they know better. The problem for Liverpool is that their club is a global brand operating in a very commercial environment so the siege mentality for a emotive social issue is detrimental. These days it really does matter what neutrals think, what football fans think, what emerging markets in foreign countries think, what sponsors think etc. If Liverpool FC want to grow their brand I'd say not caring what the rest of the world think is a serious mistake. I certainly wouldn't have allowed the staff to wear those t-shirts if I owned the club. Whilst Liverpool do not accept the FA's conclusions the rest of the world do and becoming introverted about this makes no commercial sense. People often say no one player is bigger than the club but it appears in this case Luis Suarez is bigger than Liverpool FC.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: January 02, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »

As is Suarez

My Lord...may I present the case for the accused and the defence  Smiley
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: January 02, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »

In the end Mantis you are correct. The commercial impact will win.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: January 02, 2012, 12:00:37 PM »

RIP Gary Ablett.  Great player in his day and inadvertently invented one of the best drug dealer slang terms ever.

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: January 02, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »

RIP Gary Ablett.  Great player in his day and inadvertently invented one of the best drug dealer slang terms ever.

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4828 on: January 02, 2012, 01:52:36 PM »

LFC & LS should just accept the verdict, take the flack this month then watch JT and CFC be the story next month.

IMO LS was guilty in UK terms, even if he did not understand.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4829 on: January 02, 2012, 06:00:06 PM »

the JT story will be fascinating. I really wonder what the FA will do with him

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: