blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 724 725 [726] 727 728 729 730 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1268186 times)
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #10875 on: September 13, 2017, 07:48:06 PM »

Midweek European football at anfield is special, and they are great to watch again.

Looking forward to tonight
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: September 13, 2017, 07:52:00 PM »

Ugh.

My bokking skills remain intact.

Still, at least it is early, plenty of time to recover if they are good enough.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: September 13, 2017, 10:12:55 PM »

Ugh.

My bokking skills remain intact.

Still, at least it is early, plenty of time to recover if they are good enough.

Indeed.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: September 26, 2017, 08:52:59 PM »

Say what you like about Liverpool, and Klopp, but they are never boring to watch, especially when Mane, Salah, Firmino & Coutinho are all playing.

Good game this, and 'Pool ought to go on and win it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: September 27, 2017, 09:49:19 AM »

Well I got that wrong. Again.

How frustrating was that? Can't blame the defence this time, nor the lack of chances. Just seemed to be one of those nights when chance after chance somehow missed.

Fun watch though, most enjoyable.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: September 27, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »

i saw Liverpool beat Leicester at the weekend. fun game, but for the neutral more than me

i was highly impressed with Matip. huge guy, good with his feet and quick too

On Mignolet, decent shot stopper but i thought he lacked presence,didn't command the area or his back four. bit unlucky to concede the penalty but thats coincidental

what do you make of Klopp's goalkeeper strategy? one in one week,another the next and frankly neither are quite good enough?

why weren't you in the market for a Pickford, someone who could stand there for 10 years plus and do the job rather than this half hearted support for the current guys?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: September 27, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »

i saw Liverpool beat Leicester at the weekend. fun game, but for the neutral more than me

On Mignolet, decent shot stopper but i thought he lacked presence,didn't command the area or his back four. bit unlucky to concede the penalty but thats coincidental

what do you make of Klopp's goalkeeper strategy? one in one week,another the next and frankly neither are quite good enough?

why weren't you in the market for a Pickford, someone who could stand there for 10 years plus and do the job rather than this half hearted support for the current guys?

It's maddening Tighty. Lovren, Klavan, Mignolet, Karius, Moreno all just not good enough. Same problems year after year, not addressed. TAA and Gomes obviously aren't there yet but have young talent, but need better quality around them to develop properly. Moreno impoved loads since last year but still isn't top 6 material when u compare him with other LBs or LWBs like Alonso, Kolasinac, Rose (even Davies) Danilo, Mendy. Matip is good but gets exposed without a proper CB partner.

It's not like there's nobody out there. I know we don't have the pull of the Manchester teams but off the top of my head all of these were signed this summer and we weren't even linked to any of these.

Man Utd who's defence didn't even need improving got Lindelof
Man City got Mendy, Walker and Danilo
Chelsea got Rudiger, Christensen, Zappacosta (again defence didn't even need much improvement)
Spurs lost Walker but got Aurier and Davidson Sanchez
Arsenal got Kolasinac

Why couldn't we be in the fight to get a single one of those? Seems like we were all in on VVD and no plan b.

RE GK - All of those 5 bar city had top class goalkeepers already. Klopp didn't want Hart, OK fair enough, but still think he'd be an improvement on what we have. Like you say, why not get Pickford?

If Klopp were any other manager the media would want his throat. I'm a big Klopp fan and don't want him fired or anything but it's infuriating that nothing is done when the problems are so obvious.

That post a few weeks ago summed it up about which of the backline would get in any of the other top 6 teams. NONE.

Our attack will keep us in the top 6 but we will never challenge for anything if we don't improve at the back and I think that means signing a GK, a CB at the very least and maybe a new defensive coach too. Because when a ball is swung in from a corner or free kick my heart is in my mouth and we look like a bunch of school boys trying to deal with it.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: September 27, 2017, 07:44:40 PM »

Klopp,for all his attacking intentions is a bit of a one trick pony and pretty clueless about defending in the Premier league imo. Zonal marking doesn't work, which is partly why Liverpool are so shit at set pieces.

Goalkeeper situation has been strange since he got there. Brought Ward back from loan at Aberdeen but rarely played him. Brought Karius who looks awful every time he is on the pitch and instills no confidence in the defence.
Mignolet actually started pretty ell this season until Klopp 'rested' him, has looked like a dead man walking ever since. If he didn't want to play ward this year he should have left him on loan at Huddersfield gaining premier league experience.
Don't know what he sees in Moreno, the guy can't defend and his crossing and shooting is also poor, Robertson looks a hell of a lot better.

Seems obsessed with buying attacking midfielders, when we need a proper striker. Conversion rate of chances is ridiculously poor.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: September 30, 2017, 08:19:06 PM »

have clear weaknesses they do not appear to have addressed

My eyes are open wide
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: October 01, 2017, 09:09:36 AM »

Klopp's Pressing Problem - Northcroft in the Sunday Times but on his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/jonathannorthcroftjournalist/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: October 13, 2017, 09:39:46 AM »

Jürgen Klopp two years on – how much progress has been made?

Liverpool are a better side than they were at the end of Brendan Rodgers’ reign but a rampant Manchester United visit Anfield on Saturday and will be 10 points ahead of their rivals if they win

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/oct/12/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-how-much-progress-manchester-united?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
ash_d
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: October 13, 2017, 01:04:06 PM »

Pool fan here, tomorrows going to be interesting.

I genuinely think if United went for it, they'd put a few past us - only hope is knowing Mourinho he'll probably semi park the bus and try to nick a goal and concentrate more on nulifying Coutinho and Mane.

Whilst we boast the best H2H record  in the "big 6" since Klopp's arrival, I just cant see us getting a positive result tomorrow!
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: October 13, 2017, 01:27:55 PM »

Isn't Mane injured?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: October 13, 2017, 01:28:41 PM »

Isn't Mane injured?

Yup, hammy, out for 6 weeks.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: October 25, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »

Liverpool defence blasted by Bournemouth's Asmir Begovic: 'I don't think they have the pride it takes'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5015589/Liverpool-defence-blasted-Bournemouth-ace-Asmir-Begovic.html

not sure why Begovic should be sought out for coment,mind...

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 724 725 [726] 727 728 729 730 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: