blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:03:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 226021 times)
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: March 06, 2009, 12:58:56 AM »

This would be her quickest time yet though, yes?

Embracing the variance.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 06, 2009, 12:59:57 AM »

thanks, lots to be optimistic about then...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #707 on: March 06, 2009, 01:00:29 AM »

Yes, quickest time yet. Getting trouble too.

HI HELEN!
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: March 06, 2009, 01:01:50 AM »

as she parade in front of the stand prior to the race we all stayed fairly quiet, we didnt want to get her to excited or spook her but she actually picked us out in the crowd, it was a great feeling she looked so pleased with herself as if she knew what was about to happen.

i had goosebumps before during and after the race!

you done us proud cassie onwards and upwards!

i so miss having dogs around the house, this made me smile so much.

WP Cassie I shall continue to bet on you even though I know fk all about greyhounds.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 06, 2009, 02:31:00 AM »

jf!!! wtf plz make her f next time!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: March 06, 2009, 02:47:26 AM »

jf!!! wtf plz make her f next time!

Sorry Sad

She must have drifted at the off, was into 9/4f when we got our ££ on

HI HELEN!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 06, 2009, 03:12:14 PM »

Last night was surreal ...

All met up at nandos for a bit of a feed, atmos was good, plenty of banter and excitement ... then we were in our cars in convoy to the track.

Cassie's race was first, and as has been said before we pooled our money and did a synchronised placing of bets with the 3 rails bookies ... the 4/1 was insta wiped and 9/4 was put in its place ... The race itself was weird, it was like slow motion and in silence ... I didn't hear 1 cheer or shout from the crowd, i know there were plenty, but i didn't hear a thing ... it was quite spooky looking back a day later just how strange it was to watch a dog that you had seen as a puppy, been to see at the kennels, at the schooling track and at grading trials actually run a race for real ... Although I have no financial investment in Cassie or Rodders, i have an emotional one ... I was involved in the discussions from the first time Rooks said he wanted to buy a dog, and its just gone on from there really.

Cassie didnt let herself or anyone down, and the moment when the dogs were parading is a memory that will last for a long time ... she looked to the stands and then ears pricked right up and she held her head high as she had clearly seen Rooks in the crowd, and she seemed to grow in height as soon as she knew everyone was watching her... amazing.

Brilliant night, and i wouldnt have missed it for the world.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 06, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »

All met up at nandos for a bit of a feed, atmos was good, plenty of banter and excitement ... then we were in our cars in convoy to the track.

Cassie's race was first, and as has been said before we pooled our money and did a synchronised placing of bets with the 3 rails bookies ... the 4/1 was insta wiped and 9/4 was put in its place ... The race itself was weird, it was like slow motion and in silence ... I didn't hear 1 cheer or shout from the crowd, i know there were plenty, but i didn't hear a thing ... it was quite spooky looking back a day later just how strange it was to watch a dog that you had seen as a puppy, been to see at the kennels, at the schooling track and at grading trials actually run a race for real ... Although I have no financial investment in Cassie or Rodders, i have an emotional one ... I was involved in the discussions from the first time Rooks said he wanted to buy a dog, and its just gone on from there really.

Cassie didnt let herself or anyone down, and the moment when the dogs were parading is a memory that will last for a long time ... she looked to the stands and then ears pricked right up and she held her head high as she had clearly seen Rooks in the crowd, and she seemed to grow in height as soon as she knew everyone was watching her... amazing.

If you got guaranteed safety for Spurs would you have missed it?!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 06, 2009, 03:22:35 PM »

No contest.

I would have been at Oxford.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #714 on: March 06, 2009, 03:27:02 PM »

Great post. Sent shivers down my spine, just like last night!

HI HELEN!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 06, 2009, 03:30:14 PM »

did she come back sound?

Is the plan now to run her frequently?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 06, 2009, 04:21:32 PM »

Run em until they drop! They got to pay their keep
RoyCropper

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 06, 2009, 06:13:16 PM »

Only just seen this thread, great stuff.
Very best of luck with the youngsters guys and enjoy it.
Looks like rodney is showing pace and his siblings early efforts offer high hopes!
You also have to be made up with Cassie's first effort after the grading in problems and surely plenty left in the tank
for her.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 06, 2009, 06:26:57 PM »

The one thing I'm not sure about is her racing name I think Cassie sounds much cooler than Rookies Hawk. 

Whats the racing name for Rodney?  I think Rodney in itself would be a cracking name, can just see the punters shouting like Del Boy "come on Rodney my son"! 

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 06, 2009, 06:58:28 PM »

Whats the racing name for Rodney?  I think Rodney in itself would be a cracking name, can just see the punters shouting like Del Boy "come on Rodney my son"! 

err i think its rookies fantasty, aka the title of this. i do like ur rodney idea tho, would be so com.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: