blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:23:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 225282 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: March 21, 2009, 11:24:20 AM »

Ling here:

it's like waiting for uni results all over again...

such an epic brag, mbsfn to finish secondary school

fyp

n1 on the dogs mate, up, running and starting to buzz, ship.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #841 on: March 21, 2009, 02:31:40 PM »

Letsssssssss gogogogogogooggogooooooooooooo

HI HELEN!
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #842 on: March 21, 2009, 02:42:49 PM »

love this formline for the 4 dog

02Feb  Oxfrd 450m [4] 4.63    Solo Green 29.34 N  T 29.34

looks a match between cassie and the white.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #843 on: March 21, 2009, 06:37:53 PM »

at track now. She's been withdrawn from race lame. Just fuck my life.

HI HELEN!
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #844 on: March 21, 2009, 06:44:33 PM »

Sad

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 21, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »

norrrr

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 21, 2009, 06:52:08 PM »

norrrr

ul m8 chin up.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #847 on: March 21, 2009, 07:12:53 PM »

Absolutely fuming tbh. Rodney has just lightened the mood a bit. Fell out, ran a dodgy first bendbut found his feet off the 2nd. Made up about 5 lengths down far side and saw a gap inside theother two and pushed his self through. Ran all way to pick up. 27.65 time. Much improvement still to be had IMO.

HI HELEN!
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 21, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »

Sigh. UL at Cassie, hope she gets well soon.

gogogogo Rodders!

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 21, 2009, 07:22:17 PM »

norrrrrrrrrr
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #850 on: March 21, 2009, 09:45:32 PM »

Ok, home now. Turns out Cassie had a thorn in her foot! The Vet took it out and she just needs her foot in salt water the next couple days. Then Monday week she will get a trial, which is a must for any dog reported lame. Then hopefully she can be back on track asap.

Rodneys run has made me happy tonight, he never had a thing on his mind apart from the hare. Really pleased. He should hopefully have his first race in the next 10 days and maybe a coo can be landed?

HI HELEN!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 21, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

What a fkin downer with Cassie not running ..  Never seen Rooks so downhearted, even when he busts deep to an outdraw !!

Rodders looked every inch the racing dog tonight, the way he mopped up the 2 dogs in front of him was bloody impressive.

Glad i was there to see that.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: March 22, 2009, 09:10:43 AM »

another ride for rooks in the rollercoaster of what is dog ownership!

these great animals aren't machines and just like humans pick up a variety of injurys at the most awkward of times.luckily cassies injury isnt to serious and after a couple of days treatment should be sound again.
she should, touch wood be back on the card in a fortnight after a trial next monday, another set back for the bitch who is no longer deemed a pup at the end of the month.

luckily for those in attendance and after the staduim announcer continually giving us the rub down over the tannoy regards cassie being a non runner it was rodneys turn to try and lighten the mood.
looking alot better on his way to the traps than last week, he was alert and on his toes.
For a few moments after the traps opened i thought the whole night was gona be a total disaster, both trap 1 (which was expected) and trap 6 (a stayer) led him out the traps as rodney was slow to get into his stride. passing us at the winning line with a circuit to go rod was a clear 2 lengths down detached from the 6 dog and another length or so behind the trap 1 dog.
going into the first bend rodney seemed to be a little clumsy maybe losing sight of the hare and wondering where to go. off of the crown of the 2nd bend rod decided it was time, rooks was to be dejected no more. he kicked into turbo starting 3 lengths down on the other 2 dogs he made up that ground between the 2nd and 3rd bends and entering the 3rd bend he was almost level.
That is when the hold your breath time began, approaching the turn going decidingly faster than the other 2 dogs with both turning into him as the natural racing line dictated the other 2 dogs to do so.what would rodney do? would he slow up and check allowing the other 2 dogs to take his line thus undoing all his good work down the back straight? or would he be big and strong and hold his position and push the other 2 dogs out wider and go through with his effort?

there was no doubt! not in my mind anyway. i have seen this monster grow up, i have seen him knock 16 stone men over when he was just 9 months old taking them clean off there feet! 2 30kilo greyhounds werent gona stop him thats for sure.

showing excellent track craft he darted for the ever closing gap on the inside and without changing stride eased both dogs out of the way.

it was all over! railling nicely round the last 2 turns rodney straightened up into the final straight some 3 lengths clear and by the winning line that had been extended to 5. he looked much fitter and stronger up the run in and was well clear at the pick up as well.

thank fuck for that! the night wasnt a total disaster rodney saves the day!

the time of 27.65 wasn't to bad and considering he fell out and had to do it the hard way was very pleasing. his trapping will improve as will his early pace and the questions regarding his keeness were answered so all is good.

he should make his debut next week at a guess in a4 or a5, 2 grades in my opinion he will be leaving behind fairly quickly.

upon cassies return in a couple of weeks time they both could be running on the same card now that would be awesome!!!!!!!!

totalise

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 22, 2009, 04:04:46 PM »

great stuff chaps

what are the long term hopes for both the dogs? Rodney sounds like it could be an immense beast. Could it scoop the lot?  How far do you expect either of them to go? and will you use them at some point to breed together to get another legion of track warriors?

edit: cant remember if they are blood related and how that impacts breeding, heh

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:08:14 PM by totalise » Logged
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 22, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »

great stuff chaps

what are the long term hopes for both the dogs? Rodney sounds like it could be an immense beast. Could it scoop the lot?  How far do you expect either of them to go? and will you use them at some point to breed together to get another legion of track warriors?

edit: cant remember if they are blood related and how that impacts breeding, heh

Hasnt done the Royal family much harm Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: