blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:32:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How would you have played this?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How would you have played this?  (Read 2634 times)
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 04:17:13 AM »

With such small stacks (relative to the blinds) you shouldn't be folding QQ on any flop with no overcards.

As you suggested, 0.25/0.50 would make a much better game with that amount of cash.

PyrE

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 07:48:21 AM »

Other guy was on exactly what it looked like, a flush draw. Ah7x, no help for him on turn or river though...

Online its a fold interestingly. Live i call. Do you know what ur odd's are to win v the nut flush draw?

Not quite sure what you are asking here? Are you asking the likeliness of winning with a nut flush draw assuming the flush hits against probability of villain improving to boat / quads / straight flush?
Or just the percentile of getting to the made flush?

It was pretty sick in this scenario, maybee it wasnt as easy or clear cut as i thought it was. But I did put him on a nut flush draw, I was holding the , the 10h would have given me the straight flush, giving him 7 outs to make his flush draw with 2 cards to come.  Roughly 28 percent chance for him to win with the nut flush. So putting him on the draw, it was an easy call with the odds i had.

He could have had hands like AhAx, ,Kx, AhKh, but I doubt he would have pushed those. Also the preflop action made it seem unlikely. Maybe he had small flush already made, and pushed to protect. But I decided to take my chances against that, although i would have been in bad shape if that was the case (probably what i feared the most, as an overpair or made nutflush seemed very unlikely).

PyrE

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 07:52:52 AM »

Online its a fold interestingly. Live i call

It is an interesting point, and I think I agree. Live I'm sure I call this. Online I don't really like it at all, unless I've already seen anything to suggest that Villain is out to gamble and will do this with just the draw. If you'd said this was online, I suspect the majority of people would say that Villain may well have a set/two pair, but has the nut flush draw at worst, and you're better off binning the . That said, I don't play that much live cash - so why is this? Are live players just worse? Are live players just psychologically more up for a gamble? Is it because it's easier to intimate opponents when playing live, with physical chips and with the threat to the opponent of potentially making a wrong call in front of a load of onlookers..?

Online against a regular it is probably an easy fold, unless as you said some read tells you differently. Do ego come more into play live? I really havnt played live much, but it does seem that alot of players have a problem letting hands go. The speed of the game might also have something to do with it, as online you can be very patient and just wait for the nuts if you prefer...

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 12:58:37 PM »

Other guy was on exactly what it looked like, a flush draw. Ah7x, no help for him on turn or river though...

Online its a fold interestingly. Live i call. Do you know what ur odd's are to win v the nut flush draw?

question..why fold this online and call live?..It's early and I have only just woken up so maybe I'm missing something here but surely it's the same game?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 03:00:41 PM »

Not quite sure what you are asking here? Are you asking the likeliness of winning with a nut flush draw assuming the flush hits against probability of villain improving to boat / quads / straight flush?

It was pretty sick in this scenario, maybee it wasnt as easy or clear cut as i thought it was. But I did put him on a nut flush draw, I was holding the , the 10h would have given me the straight flush, giving him 7 outs to make his flush draw with 2 cards to come.  Roughly 28 percent chance for him to win with the nut flush. So putting him on the draw, it was an easy call with the odds i had.

He could have had hands like AhAx, ,Kx, AhKh, but I doubt he would have pushed those. Also the preflop action made it seem unlikely. Maybe he had small flush already made, and pushed to protect. But I decided to take my chances against that, although i would have been in bad shape if that was the case (probably what i feared the most, as an overpair or made nutflush seemed very unlikely).

Just asking as you have to be very sure of your opponents hand to call here. The shallow stacks make it easy but i wonder if you call if its another £50 - £100 to you. With the nut flush draw he has to assume he has 12 outs twice and at least a 40% shot at making his hand. On such a scary board i like his line here.
Good call and it does indeed look like a nut flush draw move but be wary of players that shove here, next time you might get your fingers burnt in a 40/60 situation AT BEST. I do same as you.

question..why fold this online and call live?..It's early and I have only just woken up so maybe I'm missing something here but surely it's the same game?

Different game Boldie, more hands per hour, far higher standard of play in general and less old style aggressors. What hands that you are beating that put you all-in on that flop? Only poss hands are big draw/pair combos where ur only ever evens at best anyways.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 06:19:27 PM »

Just asking as you have to be very sure of your opponents hand to call here. The shallow stacks make it easy but i wonder if you call if its another £50 - £100 to you. With the nut flush draw he has to assume he has 12 outs twice and at least a 40% shot at making his hand. On such a scary board i like his line here.
Good call and it does indeed look like a nut flush draw move but be wary of players that shove here, next time you might get your fingers burnt in a 40/60 situation AT BEST. I do same as you.

Different game Boldie, more hands per hour, far higher standard of play in general and less old style aggressors. What hands that you are beating that put you all-in on that flop? Only poss hands are big draw/pair combos where ur only ever evens at best anyways.

fair point Alex..you're right of course..and now that I'm awake that actually makes sense

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 06:34:09 PM »

48 quid riase into an 85 quid pot with an overpair, 3rd nut flush draw and gutshot.

Live or online you've got to call. He'll have you pretty smoked occasionally but you're not doing that badly vs sets (bout 43%), caning 2 pair hands ike J9 (58%) and hands like he had you're whupping good too (61%).

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 06:40:39 PM »

all u gotta do is hope for no more hearts.. !! only 8 left in deck....(if he has 1 - which we put him on ) u got overpair, straight flush draw, and many outs to anythng he has although if he puts u on something like u have he cannot hope u will fold because you shouldnt as only 10% of the time you are behind

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 07:54:03 PM »

7 hearts the ten is gone also. no way you can pass this with such a stack/pot imo.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: