blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:40:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. - Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. - Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 14012 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 11:58:16 PM »

H

I have found that if you go and stand by the empty rail in the break, then when it's over you're ringside and can see what's going on!  Here are the first few hands on a couple of tables I was watching as the newest Hold'em round (blinds 1,500/3,000 limit 3k/6k) kicked off:

Shortstack Tad Jurgens comes in preflop for a raise, and with Barry Greenstein re-raising it looks like this could be the start of a make-or-break pot for him.  A substantial portion of his stack is now in on the flop, and he bets, called by Greenstein.  The comes on the turn and it looks like the rest of his stack now fits in (i.e. is under 6k), but Barry doesn't knock him out, passing and giving it up right there.

Eli Elezra raises to 6k preflop, and finds a re-raise behind.  Call.  Flop:  and the chip leader check-folds to Mr. G's bet, showing A-x, where 'x' didn't look that painty.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:00:49 AM by Djinn » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 12:14:42 AM »

Many, many thanks to Daniel Cox for his photo of Amarillo Slim, who was gracing the Seniors' event with his bright yellow Western ensemble.  I don't know if you can make it out, but just in case you might have overlooked this - that is a dead rattlesnake forming the awesome garnish to an otherwise awesome hat - the open fangs at the front, the rattles at the back. 

Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 12:16:57 AM »

Even with a mountain of chips, Eli Elezra has neigh chance of winning this.

He seems to barely get to grips with holdem, let alone the others!
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 12:18:59 AM »

H

Jesus vs. Barry:

Chris Ferguson sees a flop in position against Barry Greenstein:    The 6 foot 5 guy in front of me moved to block my view of the flop betting, so let's skip past that to the turn.  That I know Ferguson bet, when it was checked to him, while Greenstein called.
River:    check-check and Chris Ferguson's three clubs were shown first, winning the pot.

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 12:32:09 AM »

Any updates on Ed Pelligrini?

He's not on the list of players still in, I'm afraid.

This is an outrage, could he be under a pseudonym?

Mr Hornswaggle, I have to object to your latest unlikely hero. This man passed aces twice on the bubble of a WPT event. That is not a heroic act, but cowardly and a disgrace to poker. I would hate to see him on the bubble of a $50k HORSE event.Back to Ireland, on your bike.

Cheers for the updates guys, great as ever. Can we have updates on the captain, Tony G, who has been surprisingly quiet so far this year.
HornswaggleU

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 12:34:38 AM »

Mr Hornswaggle, I have to object to your latest unlikely hero. This man passed aces twice on the bubble of a WPT event. That is not a heroic act, but cowardly and a disgrace to poker. I would hate to see him on the bubble of a $50k HORSE event.Back to Ireland, on your bike.

Cheers for the updates guys, great as ever. Can we have updates on the captain, Tony G, who has been surprisingly quiet so far this year.

And who are you to object? Pelligini for the main event 2007. You heard it hear first.
Paulsson

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 12:35:01 AM »

to even mention that AA folder, is just wasting space here. Cmon the swedes! w8, there are none, oh well... :-(
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 12:36:31 AM »

Er.... I strongly believe he's been eliminated.  As has Jennifer Harman (pictured), who slowly descended from cheerful to resigned over the course of the two days.  Homer saw her doing the Walk of Out just a moment ago during the Omaha round.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2007, 12:42:35 AM »

O

Chad Brown is OUT.

He limped utg for 3, Eli Elezra made up the small blind and Raymer checked.

Flop:

Elezra checked, Raymer checked, Brown bet 3k, Elezra raised to 6k, Raymer passed and Brown called.

Turn:

Elezra bets 6k, Brown calls.

River:

Elezra puts Brown in for his last 1k.

Elezra:

for the turned straight

Brown:

three diamonds for top pair with missed gutshot, nut-flush draw and nut-lo draw.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:46:40 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

HornswaggleU

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 12:42:42 AM »

Are you sure?

Perhaps he is listed as:

Edward Pelligrini
Eddie Pelligrini
Ted Pelligrini
Teddy Pelligrini
Theodore Pelligrini
John Smith
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:45:37 AM by HornswaggleU » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 12:46:11 AM »

Phil Laak bets 6k on the river of a board.

Michael Mizrachi calls.

Laak shows for the scoop

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2007, 12:52:10 AM »

S

Pictured as just a floating white cowboy hat below is Doyle Brunson, whom I saw in a hand with Gabe Kaplan and Sherkhan Fernoud.  Sitting between them, they were dealt:

Kaplan:  X X Two Diamonds
Brunson:  X X
Farnoud:  X X two spades      Check to Farnoud from both players, who bet, receiving two calls.   Then came a , Two Diamonds and respectively - unsurprisingly Farnoud bet his three little spades when he got another double check.  Kaplan passed but Brunson took another card - the .  Farnoud bet his new , and now the behatted legend bowed out of the pot.

Now THATS a Post! Great writing.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2007, 12:57:50 AM »

Could I ask for updates on

Phil Ivy
Fried Charmanara
Tony G- a serious contender now that he has come back so focused, he is the captain.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2007, 01:00:47 AM »

I just got my press credentials behind a hurrying Vicky Coren who wanted to get them before playing the PLO8 which is starting now, the guys in the pressroom have made a slight error though...

The label on her press badge says she writes for 'The Garden Newspaper'

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2007, 01:01:30 AM »

I just got my press credentials behind a hurrying Vicky Coren who wanted to get them before playing the PLO8 which is starting now, the guys in the pressroom have made a slight error though...

The label on her press badge says she writes for 'The Garden Newspaper'

Apt!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: