blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:31:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1539 1540 1541 1542 [1543] 1544 1545 1546 1547 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334588 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23130 on: August 16, 2011, 10:13:43 AM »

Oooooooh - the Venetian Deepstack schedule is out. Looks excellent, just the right size buy-ins, & some nice 3pm non NLH stuff too. The Noon affairs seem to be re-entries, too, which is OK.

http://www.venetian.com/uploadedFiles/The_Venetian/Content_Blocks/Gaming/Deepstack_Extravaganza/DeepStackIV11.pdf

So when are you thinking of going?

Just had a quick peek at flights from 31st Oct. for ten days and they seem very expensive currently, c£700.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #23131 on: August 17, 2011, 02:39:55 PM »

Oooooooh - the Venetian Deepstack schedule is out. Looks excellent, just the right size buy-ins, & some nice 3pm non NLH stuff too. The Noon affairs seem to be re-entries, too, which is OK.

http://www.venetian.com/uploadedFiles/The_Venetian/Content_Blocks/Gaming/Deepstack_Extravaganza/DeepStackIV11.pdf

Just had a quick peek at flights from 31st Oct. for ten days and they seem very expensive currently, c£700.

Ralph, that's probably because of the Auto convention that starts on Nov 1 - 120,000 attendees.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #23132 on: August 17, 2011, 02:52:01 PM »

Hope those conventioners (is that a real word?) like to gamble as I'm there 30th October to 13 November Smiley

You going Ralph?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23133 on: August 17, 2011, 04:13:39 PM »

Hope those conventioners (is that a real word?) like to gamble as I'm there 30th October to 13 November Smiley

You going Ralph?

I'm dithering Simon, I'm a definite maybe.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #23134 on: August 17, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »

Broke my steam train cherry today on the dartmouth steam railway. Can't imagine a more civilised and romantic way to travel. Have you tried this one Tikay?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23135 on: August 18, 2011, 12:21:27 AM »

Ralph, that's probably because of the Auto convention that starts on Nov 1 - 120,000 attendees.

That might affect hotel prices/availability but I'm not sure why it would make flights more expensive.

There's bound to be a sale in a few weeks I reckon.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #23136 on: August 18, 2011, 09:43:26 AM »

That might affect hotel prices/availability but I'm not sure why it would make flights more expensive.

I doubt it, they've just had one I think (well, BA and Virgin have within the last month).
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #23137 on: August 18, 2011, 09:55:22 AM »

I think it does, even more so nowadays. A lot of hotel rooms get sold in a package with flights, so they know what the supply/demand is. I'm going end of Oct and it was a pain in the ass even getting rooms for the dates I wanted. This was back in April
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23138 on: August 22, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »

Will you be attending the APAT festivities at DTD this week-end Tony?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23139 on: August 23, 2011, 12:54:50 AM »

Here are the "dividends" for the Tikay Las Vegas venture.
Staking pool: $10,000
Actual outlay: $7,230
Winnings: $4,293

I have converted back to sterling at the original exchange rate of 1.62 as agreed.

Name                 % stake   Refund
Greeky -              1   £43.60 -

Aaron (Machka)     5   £217.99 -

Anon #1*          10   £435.99

Ryan (scotty77)   2   £87.20 - PAID   

Nakor               0.5   £21.80 - SORTED   

Curtis (Sheriff)      1   £43.60 - PAID       

Phat Lad (Dyl)      3   £130.80

Dan Brown         1   £43.60

Irene (Trip5)      1   £43.60

Anon # 2**       1   £43.60

Nick (ripple)        2   £87.20 - PAID   

MerePedant       5   £217.99 - PAID   

Methuselah        1   £43.60

Sharon              2   £87.20

Barry Carter        1   £43.60 - PAID (still to be forwarded to Mo)

DingDong            1   £43.60

Holdy                1   £43.60

SicilianDonk         1   £43.60

TiltBeam             1   £43.60

Maria D              1   £43.60

Mondy               2   £87.20 PM sent,   

Chompy            5.5   £239.79 - PAID   

EvilPie              1   £43.60 - PAID   

Total @ 11.20pm Sunday = 50%    50   £2,179.94

I have got my card-Reader now, so am able to make Bank Transfers, & I want to settle everyone up soonest.

Can those to whom I owe cash for the Vegas Staking please send me their Bank Details.

I have paid Matt, Chompy, & Nick Jenkins, (I already had their Bank Details) & written for clarification of amount due/owed to Nakor & Mondy today.

I'll make the payments as soon as I receive the Bank Details.

EDITED - Updated to reflect payments to Scotty, MereNovice, Curtis & Barry Carter, & Nakor now all sorted.

Yikes, I seem to have got a bit behind with this & that, especially this.......

I've cleared up a bunch of stuff tonight, & the List now looks like this - I think......

Greeky -              1   £43.60 - Transferred £43.60 to Reece's Fund this evening, cc to Tom & Tighty for Audit purposes.

Aaron (Machka)     5   £217.99 - Paid in full to Aaron this evening by Bank TX.

Anon #1*          10   £435.99 - I Think this was paid to Reeces Fund several weeks ago, but I sent a PM to confirm that this evening to Mo, cc to Tom & Rich. I believe I paid it via Tom, who paid Reece's Fund by Bank TX, & then i settled Tom up, but I've asked them all to confirm that.

Ryan (scotty77)   2   £87.20 - PAID   

Nakor               0.5   £21.80 - SORTED   

Curtis (Sheriff)      1   £43.60 - PAID       

Phat Lad (Dyl)      3   £130.80 - All paid at the time, confirmed by PM this evening.

Dan Brown         1   £43.60 - Not sure if owed anything, will settle up at the SPT Grand Final if I do. We did some other "cross-staking".

Irene (Trip5)      1   £43.60 - sent Irene a PM this evening, asking for bank Details so I can sort it.

Anon # 2**       1   £43.60 - sorted by Bank TX early August.

Nick (ripple)        2   £87.20 - PAID   

MerePedant       5   £217.99 - PAID   

Methuselah        1   £43.60 - Sorted via "contra-charge" some weeks ago.

Sharon              2   £87.20 - Sent Shaz an e-Mail this evening, she sent me her Bank Details a while back, but I can't find them......

Barry Carter        1   £43.60 - PAID (still to be forwarded to Mo) Now been forwarded to Mo.

DingDong            1   £43.60 - PM sent this evening, think this is a "contra-charge" jobbie.

Holdy                1   £43.60 - Tx'd to Reece's Fund this evening.

SicilianDonk         1   £43.60 Paid by Bank TX this evening. Sent him kisses, too, & told him I loved him.

TiltBeam             1   £43.60 Sent him a PM this evening, not sure if I still owe this, (probz do) await his reply.

Maria D              1   £43.60 Not paying, I plan to grim her.

Mondy               2   £87.20 PM sent,   

Chompy            5.5   £239.79 - PAID   

EvilPie              1   £43.60 - PAID   

Anyone else owed? Speak up now, or forever hold your peace.......

Will try & start to clear the Diary backlog tomorrow. Slacker, me, been tossing it off since Vegas.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23140 on: August 23, 2011, 06:12:24 PM »

AFAIK, all the Vegas Staking Dividends have now been settled. Any query to the contrary.

This .....

Anon #1*          10   £435.99 - I Think this was paid to Reeces Fund several weeks ago, but I sent a PM to confirm that this evening to Mo, cc to Tom & Rich. I believe I paid it via Tom, who paid Reece's Fund by Bank TX, & then i settled Tom up, but I've asked them all to confirm that.

......was incorrect, & was caused by a degree of imprecision by MerePedant, not to mention ill-defined, inaccurate, indefinite, loose, not partial, not particular, not specific, uncertain, undetailed, unspecific, & vagueaments by him.  He will, of course, deny that.

Anyway, everyone has been settled, & Reece's Fund has been paid all as noted.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23141 on: August 23, 2011, 06:21:51 PM »

I never ever leave the house/hotel without a splash of after-shave.

I bet I've never failed to wear after-shave more than 10 days since I began shaving, over 50 years ago.

The cost does not bear thinking about, but I just did.

Assume a bottle of a-s costs £30, & lasts for a month. That's (50 x 365 divided by 30 x £30) = over £18,000......

Does anyone else still wear a-s, if so, why? Because I've no idea why I do. But I always do.

Do "kidz" - i.e., peeps under 40 - ever use it?

#makesnosenseatall

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23142 on: August 23, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »

I bet I've never failed to wear after-shave more than 10 days since I began shaving, over 50 years ago.

Assume a bottle of a-s costs £30, & lasts for a month. That's (50 x 365 divided by 30 x £30) = over £18,000......

Does anyone else still wear a-s, if so, why? Because I've no idea why I do. But I always do.

#makesnosenseatall

They do "fragrances for men" these days too.

I use an after-shave balm as I can't handle the hard stuff any more.

PS You must use a damn big splash or buy very small bottles if one only lasts a month.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:29:52 PM by Karabiner » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23143 on: August 23, 2011, 06:37:50 PM »

When I read the headline this morning, I did a double take.

£40 million (£10 mill pa for 4 years) to sponsor the training kit of Man Utd

'Tis true....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/22/manchester-united-kit-deal-dhl

Even more staggering, they have cut a deal with a Vietnamese Telecoms outfit. Vietnamese.....

Which suggests....

1) How monetising Football has completely changed.

2) The power of SEO, allied to google, & even ordinary search engines......

I've had to bone up on SEO of late, & it's staggering how important, crucial even, it has become in many businesses. Was there ever a greater Marketing tool than SEO?  

What a change the internet has made to business!

Nope, not very interesting, but any excuse to post a photo of a well sexy coach. Meanwhile, Greeky is perving women of all things. Tsk, tsk.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23144 on: August 23, 2011, 06:40:43 PM »

#makesnosenseatall

They do "fragrances for men" these days too.

I use an after-shave balm as I can't handle the hard stuff any more.

PS You must use a damn big splash or buy very small bottles if one only lasts a month.

I used the MerePedant form of mathematics to make my case.

Pages: 1 ... 1539 1540 1541 1542 [1543] 1544 1545 1546 1547 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: