blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 07:39:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272980 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1578 1579 1580 1581 [1582] 1583 1584 1585 1586 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6395907 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23715 on: November 15, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »

Deighted to hear about Chris Brammers's FCOOP bink.

But I'm a little confused by this "PokerStars Fr" thing, & did not wish to in any way mar the congrats thread.

So, ANYONE, from any domain, can legally play there, yeah?

i believe all you need is the correct bank account

So anyone, from any domain, can legally play there, yes? Maybe I'm missing the point of Pokerstars Fr, It, etc.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23716 on: November 15, 2011, 06:23:26 PM »

But I'm a little confused by this "PokerStars Fr" thing, & did not wish to in any way mar the congrats thread.

So anyone, from any domain, can legally play there, yes? Maybe I'm missing the point of Pokerstars Fr, It, etc.

The "point" is probably that the French government gets a slice of the action.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23717 on: November 15, 2011, 06:27:26 PM »

The "point" is probably that the French government gets a slice of the action.

Some answers here

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=55712.0

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23718 on: November 15, 2011, 06:32:41 PM »

I think the point is that French people can't legally play anywhere apart from French licensed websites. So French people can't play on the main PokerStars site- they can only play on PokerStars.fr. Likewise with Italians.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23719 on: November 15, 2011, 06:41:11 PM »

Have you girded your loins and sampled the roast pork, roast duck and rice platter at Noodles Asia yet Tony?

That's my staple diet at The V and Tom was a willing convert showing remarkable dexterity with the chopsticks.

That's the one right by the Cardroom Ralph, yes?

Well no, "noodles" sounds way too exotic, & foreign, to me. Thewy forced me to eat in a noodle place once - "Wagonama" or somesuch, in Amsterdam, it was dreadful, like a school dinner-hall, so did Maria in some other place. Never again.

I wander down to the Food Court though, & get a plate of chips & a sticky bun on occasion. Got to experiment when visiting far-flung places, I say.

Best - only - meal "eaten at a table" of the trip so far was brekkie @ Grand Lux, with LilDave, Dom, & some Fenland inbred lurker, a few days ago. Perfect food, hash browns, snotty eggs, sausages, & good company, really enjoyed it.

I am really socially uncomfortable when dining with others, in fact I self-examined at length wondering if I had almost Aspergers type symptoms, I am so mentally uncomfortable it almost hurts. Eventually, I concluded that it's just that I don't like "social-dining" even with the very closest of friends, "inner circle", a mere handful. It's down to me, not others, I just feel so out of my depth doing funny food & chit-chat. In a way, it sems such a waste of time when I could be doing things. That is not intended to be as rude as it sounds!

LilDave contacted me last night, he says he owes me dinner, & he is flying back from LA to Vegas today, so suggested Dinner on Wednesday. I freaked out. I like him - a lot, & really enjoy listening to him, but he used the word "dinner" & I sort of freaked out. I replied - "yeah, or we could do BREAKFAST" & he wrote back & said "yeah, brekkie is fine". And I was thrilled & relieved - "brekkie" is fine, it's not a threat to my comfort zone, & brekkie food is something I like, & understand. What an odd state of mind.

Anyway, we are meeting for brekkie tomorow at "South Point Cafe", which he tells me is in, or near, The Wynn, so I'll jump a cab & go along, & I will really enjoy it, & I'm not even scared. If it were dinner, I'd be scared, & looking for an excuse to cancel, or swerve. Over the years, I must have swerved hundreds of Vegas dinner invites, & offended many good friends, but I can't help it. Go figure.

Every year, I help "Host" the Sky Poker Viva Las Vegas qualifiers & their Guests, it's the highlight of the year for me. Except the bloody welcome Dinner, which I dread. Thewy was there this year, Mother too, & lots of good friends of mine from next door, which helped, but if I could have blanked it, I would. I just keep looking at my watch, food is something I gulp & go, I struggle with all that chit-chat. It's me, not them.

I think I'm a bit wrong in the head sometimes.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23720 on: November 15, 2011, 06:42:23 PM »

I think the point is that French people can't legally play anywhere apart from French licensed websites. So French people can't play on the main PokerStars site- they can only play on PokerStars.fr. Likewise with Italians.

Gotcha, thanks.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #23721 on: November 15, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »

Anyone with a European bank account can play on pokerstars.fr. Only residents of Italy can play on pokerstars.it.

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #23722 on: November 15, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »

stars.fr is amazing

gonna send me broke tho.

getting my card out on a daily basis on there

anwyay <3 Sky Poker

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23723 on: November 15, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »

I don't have the faintest idea how this came about, but it seems I am a Member of the "Nominations Panel" for the upcoming European Poker Awards.

The categories are......

-Player of the year: The person whose performances during the year stand out from the norm.

-Rookie of the year: This is awarded to the most notable newcomer to the poker scene. This does not mean that the nominee in question has had his or her first tournament win this year. They may have had the odd result previously but the panel is looking for the person who has made a big impact for the first time during the year.

-Best tournament performance: The award is for the player whose win (or even place) is considered to be the most prestigious. It could also include a series of good performances during a single festival.

-Europe’s leading Lady: The woman player whose performance(s) during the year are judged to be the most outstanding.

-Internet player of the year: This is for the player whose performances in online play, both cash and tournaments, are judged to be the most outstanding.

-Poker staff person of the year: This can embrace any “back-room-boy” from dealers, to managers, to TV organizers, public relations and communications people…in short anyone who has put in the effort to make things better for the playing community.

-Rob Gardner Memorial Award for the Poker Personality of the year. This was introduced as a mark of respect for the late Rob Gardner who died in 2007.

-Life Time Achievement Award: To earn this, a person must have been on the scene for some time and demonstrated consistency and earned the respect of his or her peers. Considerations other than poker can be taken into account…for example activity in establishing venues or events and/or player organizations. This award is judged only on nominations by the Nomination Panel. It does not go to the final judging panel.

-Best event of the year: This award goes to a single event or complete festival, which has marked the poker scene during the year, whether by the quality of its organization, its field, its prize pool…

Only Europeans can be considered for all the above awards apart from Rob Gardner Memorial Award for the Poker Personality of the year category where nominees can come from any country.

Europe, for the purpose of the awards, includes the Russian Federation, Ukraine and other countries which are not part of the European Community but whose players actively participate in the European circuit.

The vote in each category are counted and the five nominees who receive the most votes go forward for the final judging.

In the event of a tie you will be advised of the names of those with equal votes and asked to vote again until a clear cut result is obtained.

I'm really going to struggle with some of that. Clues, anyone?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23724 on: November 15, 2011, 07:29:07 PM »

just stick Trickett down for them all.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23725 on: November 15, 2011, 07:47:45 PM »

Different worlds, same words.......

Dom was telling me about a hand, in that Level 5 speak the lads use, & I'm struggling to keep up, but hate to betray my woeful ignorance.

And he says "I did a tarp", & seeing my confused expression, he added, kindly, "you do know what a tarp is, yeah?"

And I'm thinking, of COURSE I know what "TARP" means, it's featured heavilly in 5 or 6 books I've read recently.

It's obv this......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubled_Asset_Relief_Program

But no. It seem it is a certain size of bet, in poker. Wonder how it came by that name? The more I know, the less I know.

I love all these expressions that get coined in poker, &, like football chants, I wonder who first starts them.

In poker, except for the woefully unoriginal "sick", they seem to last a year or so, then get superceded. "clicking back" was almost out of fashion before I even knew what it meant, ditto donk lead, 5 years ago "float" was the sexy word, poker resembles IT in many ways, it invents it's own version of language.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #23726 on: November 15, 2011, 07:58:50 PM »

Anyway, we are meeting for brekkie tomorow at "South Point Cafe", which he tells me is in, or near, The Wynn,

Throw him a curve-ball and turn up at Terrace Pointe cafe.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23727 on: November 15, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »

Anyway, we are meeting for brekkie tomorow at "South Point Cafe", which he tells me is in, or near, The Wynn,

Throw him a curve-ball and turn up at Terrace Pointe cafe.

Don't confuse me!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23728 on: November 15, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »

Do NOT click this link. It's a Poker Blog which imcludes alcohol, scantily dressed females, gambling, craps, & general degeneracy.

You have been warned.

http://bit.ly/utEL68

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23729 on: November 15, 2011, 08:04:25 PM »

I plan to travel a lot more next year - non-poker, I mean. And, I hope, for poker, Vegas at least twice or three times, two for "private" trips/holidays, &, I hope, once for work.

Will deffo do the Scottish Highlands, & St Petersburg, & I was told that Bruges was rather interesting. Anyone been there? I though it was in France. Whoops. Presumably, as part of a semi-civilised country, they have KFC?

Pages: 1 ... 1578 1579 1580 1581 [1582] 1583 1584 1585 1586 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: