blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:26:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2411 2412 2413 2414 [2415] 2416 2417 2418 2419 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333881 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36210 on: December 14, 2013, 10:12:53 AM »

Sharplea, Skippy & Doobs.

No, no, & no......

They are not "seperate" lines in the sense that The Waterloo & City Line is not an extension to any other line, it is a line in itself. The Waterloo & City Line has it's own Colour Code & everything. A dedicated line.

Cardiff Bay is simply a branch line of the Arriva Trains network.

Earls Court, right idea, wrong answer. You are thinking, I assume, of the one-stop spur to Kensington Olympia. That is actually a part of the Circle Line.

Ongar is a cracking shout, EXACTLY the sort of thing we are looking for. But no, it was not Ongar. It used to be part of the Central Line, but is now privately owned, so that would count. But it was not Ongar. 

You were on the right lines though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36211 on: December 14, 2013, 10:17:26 AM »

Pete bathed he girls on Wednesday night and the three of them made a terrible mess playing with a wind up turtle in the bath.

On Thursday Pete went of to do the Wilf Gilbert ( a chain of independent bookmakers in the Midlands ) refund on lose offer. They pick a race and if you lose your bet then they give you a free bet to the same value up to £100.

We have been doing this offer for a couple of months now and have been running well above EV. ( EV is about £70 ) .

I usually pick the horse to back but was busy so told Pete to pick a horse with odds between 7/1 and 10/1 with the odds as close to Betfair as possible.

The race was the 2.20 at Newcastle and the horse he picked was Ruby Bay 7/1. The Betfair odds were 8.2.
Then he saw Snapping Turtle. He put the £100 on Snapping Turtle. He asked for the price and the guy wrote 33/1 on the slip. The Betfair odds were 80/1.

Ruby Bay led all the way round. Pete said ' I thought she'll kill me ' .

Ruby Bay was pipped on the line by.........................

SNAPPING TURTLE.

Should take care of the girls Christmas presents !!

I LOVE that story, more so because of the snapshot of life it gives me in the Bandit household.

Peter the Bandit, 193 years old, happily bathing his twins, & Mum giving him instructions to troop round all the local Betting Shops, wedge in hand, punting money left right & centre. What a life indeed.

AND a 33/1 winner, wonderful!

I hope the kids have a wonderful Christmas, & all 4 of you continue to be happy & healthy in 2014.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #36212 on: December 14, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »

No, no, & no......

They are not "seperate" lines in the sense that The Waterloo & City Line is not an extension to any other line, it is a line in itself. The Waterloo & City Line has it's own Colour Code & everything. A dedicated line.

Earls Court, right idea, wrong answer. You are thinking, I assume, of the one-stop spur to Kensington Olympia. That is actually a part of the Circle Line.

Ongar is a cracking shout, EXACTLY the sort of thing we are looking for. But no, it was not Ongar. It used to be part of the Central Line, but is now privately owned, so that would count. But it was not Ongar. 

Cheekily ask here...was it the Emirates Air Line between Greenwich Peninsula and Royal Dock? Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36213 on: December 14, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »

No, no, & no......

Cheekily ask here...was it the Emirates Air Line between Greenwich Peninsula and Royal Dock? Wink

No!

It did have a sort of "water" connection though.

ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #36214 on: December 14, 2013, 03:13:51 PM »

No, no, & no......

No!

This has me intrigued...I got the Waterloo and City one instantly...but this second one...hhmmm...so tempting to google but I guess that would be cheating
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36215 on: December 14, 2013, 03:18:40 PM »

No, no, & no......

No!

This has me intrigued...I got the Waterloo and City one instantly...but this second one...hhmmm...so tempting to google but I guess that would be cheating

I doubt google would be much help.

Not a trick question, either, you DO know of the line, I promise.

"Water" is a huge clue. It really sticks out, to be honest.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36216 on: December 14, 2013, 03:32:22 PM »

Very good clue - it's quite clever for you.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36217 on: December 14, 2013, 03:35:29 PM »

Very good clue - it's quite clever for you.

Enough cheek.

Clever though, eh?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36218 on: December 14, 2013, 04:05:12 PM »

I got up at 9.10am today.

It was 9.10.11.12.13.

I so wish that was true, Ralph.....but it's a great spot, anyway.

How is your golf & wildlife photography these days?

Still beating that Omaha Tourney on FT?

Funnily enough I'm currently HU on the final, 2/2 mind you Wink

......and?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #36219 on: December 14, 2013, 04:09:45 PM »

It was 9.10.11.12.13.

......and?

No good, came 2nd after he cracked my AA with a bag of bollox but he did have a big CL.

However........

I did manage to improve on that last night Smiley

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36220 on: December 14, 2013, 04:14:52 PM »

It was 9.10.11.12.13.

......and?

No good, came 2nd after he cracked my AA with a bag of bollox but he did have a big CL.

However........

I did manage to improve on that last night Smiley

You improved on 2nd?

Hmm.........winner!

Well done Ralph, great game Omaha, even OAP's can win.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36221 on: December 14, 2013, 06:00:42 PM »

Am playing the monthly £50er at Grosvenor Birmingham.

Seat one at my table is approximately 170 years old, speaks little English and has limited sight. He's also obviously chip leader.

He's playing every other hand. Slowly.

Higlight so far: our Decaseptagenarian hero (doubt that's the correct term) calls UTG raiser down the streets. Turn and river bring the second and the third spades. He then leads out for 2/3 pot. Gets called by a flopped set. Shows 32ss.

"These punk kids think they invented floating and value betting!"

Ok, he didn't say that. He just looked slightly confused as he worked out where to put his newly won chips.

You don't get that online. Magic pokerz

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #36222 on: December 14, 2013, 07:23:47 PM »

No, no, & no......

No!

Bonjour?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #36223 on: December 14, 2013, 08:55:52 PM »

No, no, & no......

No!

I think I have it and I think that I was on it too...I'll pm rather than ruin it for anyone
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #36224 on: December 14, 2013, 08:59:42 PM »

No, no, & no......

No!

I think I have it and I think that I was on it too...I'll pm rather than ruin it for anyone

ah balls just realised I was thinking of the cable car that sharplea guessed...hadn't realised that it was branded the emirates whatever whatever...
Pages: 1 ... 2411 2412 2413 2414 [2415] 2416 2417 2418 2419 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: