blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2412 2413 2414 2415 [2416] 2417 2418 2419 2420 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333593 times)
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #36225 on: December 14, 2013, 09:03:40 PM »

think i got it - sent pm...please be right.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #36226 on: December 14, 2013, 09:04:22 PM »

Guessed where it was, but hadn't heard of it before, so had to google.  I won't spoil it.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36227 on: December 14, 2013, 11:49:32 PM »

The Dub & Doobs Duo both sent me PM's so as not to spoil it for others, which was most considerate of them.

Both guesses were excellent. Both were wrong.

I don't want this to go down the "Sir Percevel" route, where he just said "no" sixteen zillion times, & seemed to take a perverse pleasure in doing so, & I genuinely hope I have not misled anyone.

We know Journey 1 & Journey 2.

Journey 4 is key. Get that, & Journey 5 becomes instantly obvious. 

So Journey 3 must be the way to solve this. We know where it started, but not where it ended. A geeky knowledge of the London Rail system is necessary to make the connection - literally - between Journey 3 & Journey 4.

The elusive Journey 5 is, I believe, unique. Nothing remotely comparable exists, anywhere in the world. And you have heard of it.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36228 on: December 14, 2013, 11:51:44 PM »

Sharplea, Skippy & Doobs.

No, no, & no......

They are not "seperate" lines in the sense that The Waterloo & City Line is not an extension to any other line, it is a line in itself. The Waterloo & City Line has it's own Colour Code & everything. A dedicated line.

Cardiff Bay is simply a branch line of the Arriva Trains network.

Earls Court, right idea, wrong answer. You are thinking, I assume, of the one-stop spur to Kensington Olympia. That is actually a part of the Circle Line.

Ongar is a cracking shout, EXACTLY the sort of thing we are looking for. But no, it was not Ongar. It used to be part of the Central Line, but is now privately owned, so that would count. But it was not Ongar. 

You were on the right lines though.

Cheekily ask here...was it the Emirates Air Line between Greenwich Peninsula and Royal Dock? Wink

No!

It did have a sort of "water" connection though.

This has me intrigued...I got the Waterloo and City one instantly...but this second one...hhmmm...so tempting to google but I guess that would be cheating

I doubt google would be much help.

Not a trick question, either, you DO know of the line, I promise.

"Water" is a huge clue. It really sticks out, to be honest.

Bonjour?

You've lost me there Phil.

If you mean there is a French connection, no.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36229 on: December 14, 2013, 11:58:40 PM »

What a strange thing crying is.

We do it when we are happy. We do it when we are sad. We do it when we are in pain.

When we are young men, we think it a weakness. As we get older, we do so more often, & without shame.

I watched a TV programme the other day & cried endlessly. I enjoyed it immensely, it was one of the best TV Shows I have ever seen.

It was in the "Bizarre Animal Friends" series, on Nat Geo Channel. 

A baby elephant had been orphaned, & "rescued". It was on the point of death, as it needed milk.

Bla bla bla, they found it a companion. It was initially hostile to the companion, then wary, then came to love it, & be inseperable, 24/7, take daily walks together, everything.

An elephant & a sheep. The sheep, at one point, actually became hostile to the elephant!

The ending was so unexpected. Make your standard sheep-shag jokes if you like, I don't mind.

RIP Themba.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:00:20 AM by tikay » Logged

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #36230 on: December 15, 2013, 12:43:17 AM »

Need clues.

Is the line (or part of the line) in London?

was that part of the journey taken on public transport?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #36231 on: December 15, 2013, 12:49:32 AM »

I think I might have it.  Essex?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36232 on: December 15, 2013, 12:49:54 AM »

Need clues.

Is the line (or part of the line) in London?

was that part of the journey taken on public transport?

You've had tons of outstanding clues.

Journey 5 was not in London, no.

I would say that journey # 5 was on "public transport", though that is slightly misleading. It was not on "private" transport, for sure.

It was a short journey, but the longest of it's type in the world.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36233 on: December 15, 2013, 12:54:08 AM »

I think we have a winner.

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #36234 on: December 15, 2013, 01:00:41 AM »

We do it when we are happy. We do it when we are sad. We do it when we are in pain.

When we are young men, we think it a weakness. As we get older, we do so more often, & without shame.

I watched a TV programme the other day & cried endlessly. I enjoyed it immensely, it was one of the best TV Shows I have ever seen.

A baby elephant had been orphaned, & "rescued". It was on the point of death, as it needed milk.

Bla bla bla, they found it a companion. It was initially hostile to the companion, then wary, then came to love it, & be inseperable, 24/7, take daily walks together, everything.

An elephant & a sheep. The sheep, at one point, actually became hostile to the elephant!

The ending was so unexpected. Make your standard sheep-shag jokes if you like, I don't mind.

RIP Themba.

If you ever go on a yoga detox retreat, they actually encourage crying, on the basis that all emotions need to be felt and let out, crying is supposed to be a healthy way of doing it. 

Emotions that we come across throughout our day to day life are accumulated and have a real negative effect on your physical state.. So it’s good to release the demons every now and then, plus tears help you detox..

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36235 on: December 15, 2013, 01:03:37 AM »

RIP Themba.

If you ever go on a yoga detox retreat, they actually encourage crying, on the basis that all emotions need to be felt and let out, crying is supposed to be a healthy way of doing it. 

Emotions that we come across throughout our day to day life are accumulated and have a real negative effect on your physical state.. So it’s good to release the demons every now and then, plus tears help you detox..

Very likely.

As it happens, I have never detoxed, I don't need to, as I eat healthy foods, exercise well, & neither smoke nor drink. Both my mind & body are exceedingly pure.

I seem to cry much more often than I used to. Presumably, because with age I have accumulated great wisdom & sensitivity. Or it could just be the dementia kicking in.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 01:05:14 AM by tikay » Logged

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36236 on: December 16, 2013, 03:48:58 AM »

RIP Themba.

Very likely.

As it happens, I have never detoxed, I don't need to, as I eat healthy foods, exercise well, & neither smoke nor drink. Both my mind & body are exceedingly pure.

I seem to cry much more often than I used to. Presumably, because with age I have accumulated great wisdom & sensitivity. Or it could just be the dementia kicking in.

If only gatso was still here Sad

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #36237 on: December 18, 2013, 09:01:17 AM »

http://www.viralnova.com/these-20-photographs-will-leave-you-speechless-especially-the-6th-one-there-are-no-words/

Does exactly what it says...
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #36238 on: December 18, 2013, 01:02:29 PM »

Wow, so powerful, what a world we live in.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36239 on: December 18, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »

Torvill and Dean, he's coming for you

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 2412 2413 2414 2415 [2416] 2417 2418 2419 2420 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: