blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 11:10:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2408 2409 2410 2411 [2412] 2413 2414 2415 2416 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6387441 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #36165 on: December 06, 2013, 06:09:58 PM »

Yet again, my invitation to the Dorchester got lost in the post. Mbn to get invos to this sort of gig?

As it's Xmas party season and you're all over it like a rash, will you be going to China Mug's dinner bash at the G on the 16th?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #36166 on: December 06, 2013, 06:54:46 PM »

I have designed an app that posts a message on Facebook when you die. I call it 'Dead Simple'.

It's totally unobtrusive, uses no battery power and doesn't even need a download or a screen icon. It costs £10 and is available directly from me.

Full refund if not totally satisfied.

Excellent :-) Sent !

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36167 on: December 06, 2013, 07:31:34 PM »

why have sky sports taken to shooting a lot of sports content in the canteen at osterley and not studios?

its utterly strange to see presenter and pundit on lots of preview shows perched on stools behind a counter while staff and customers order their breakfast/lunch/tea behind them, noise of this included.

Perhaps it is just me

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36168 on: December 06, 2013, 07:37:16 PM »

Completely with you, Tighty. Don't really get it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #36169 on: December 06, 2013, 08:17:18 PM »

why have sky sports taken to shooting a lot of sports content in the canteen at osterley and not studios?

its utterly strange to see presenter and pundit on lots of preview shows perched on stools behind a counter while staff and customers order their breakfast/lunch/tea behind them, noise of this included.

Perhaps it is just me

** Breaking news...Tikay orders Toms, mushrooms and fish live on air** Footage after tonight's non news story that allows us to show some goals by teams playing in tonight's crucial live Sky game....then, ahead of tonight's live and exclusive huge live game Arsene Wenger says the winner of tonight's huge game will be decided by whoever scores the most goals.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #36170 on: December 06, 2013, 09:09:54 PM »

For the first time in my lfe, I've developed some back problems, & I can barely stand upright. I've never had a day off work for a "sickie" in my life, & I don't have any health problems, but age is starting to mess with me a treat.

Luckily, I've shed 2 stones, if not, it would be far worse.

I can barely sleep with the pain & discomfort, & I'm not used to ill-health, so it came as a bit of a shock to the system.

I retired early last night, exhausted from 2 sleepless nights, & immediately fell fast asleep, blessed relief, ahhhh.....

And then, I got a text,. A really nice text, actually, from, a friend of many years standing. I like him. I do, honest. He just wanted to say hi, & catch up. Very touching, & I'm really most pleased & grateful. But not so much @ 1.15 this morning.

I was really pleased he sent that at 1.15am. 

oops, many apologies if that was me mate.

Ha!

No, it was not you Phil, nor was it from Reykjavic.

The Gent in question has been texting me at 3am for many years, & he knows it makes me cross, because I have mentioned it 27,000 times. He even started the text by saying "I know you are going to moan about the time of this text", lol.

He IS a nice chap, & he DOES mean well, but some folks, who have not really lived in the real world, just dont get it. Manners, convention, etiquette, consideration for others, don't come so easy to the internet generation, as the nature of relationships online are so impersonal now.  Forums, Twitter & FB are 24/7 mediums, which don't disturb anyone, so thats fine, but 'phone calls & texts are different. Many don't seem to be aware of that very important difference. The lad has a heart of gold, & would definitely not to it deliberately.

It's not a big deal I suppose, but I'm ultra grumpy right now with the back pain & lack of sleep, so being woken by a text @ 1.15am did not fill me with pleasure.

It's not a swipe at the lad, I just find it a very very peculiar thing to do. How many grown ups here would text or 'phone a friend at 1.15am without first considering if it were convenient? Do it for the craic, yes, but do it wiithout it even crossing your mind that it was out of order?

Anyway, time is such a precious resource, we must move on.

How was your trip to Baltimore, Las Vegas, Seattle, Iceland, & Manchester?

I know what you mean. I have a mate who couldn't resist ringing me in the middle of the night when he was pissed and I got arsey with him and told him to stop doing it as there was nothing he could tell me at 2am when drunk that I needed to know that urgently. His pathetic reply was ' well I don't even remember doing it, when I'm pissed I do daft things'

So I pointed out to him that it was just ridiculous to say he couldn't remember ringing me in the middle of the night when he was drunk......because he always remembered to ring me in the middle of the night when he was drunk. Thankfully he hasn't done it since.

I didn't make it to Baltimore, it was NY, Washington, Vegas and the Seattle and then Reykjavik for a pit stop on the way home. The sporting highlight was deffo the game in Seattle, it was an amazing experience and I loved the city and general positivity around the place. I haven't been to NY for ten years or so and went to the 9/11 museum and memorial site. It was a very emotional morning looking through the museum and watching interviews and clips of footage from that day and the weeks and months afterwards. Very difficult not to be upset when people are openly sobbing as they move around the timeline walls and pieces of personal items found in the rubble of people that perished that day. Most upsetting was a video interview with a man who had helped to form the Band of Dads who were a group of fathers that went to the site to search for their children and help to remove debris from the site. They united in a effort to help each other search for their sons, daughters and relatives and some stayed on as volunteers until the site was cleared, just going to meet their new friends and helping every day.

The saddest thing I saw was an interview with one of these guys who calmly explained what the Band of Dads meant to them all at the time and how it helped to just have people there that understood what they were feeling. He then started sobbing and said he still felt guilty that he was one of the lucky ones in the group because he had found his son's body and was able to bury him. He now knows where he is, he still feels guilty that some of the Dad's never got to do that.

I think a lot of us could remember how fortunate we are and be thankful that when we talk about running good or being unlucky that being able to bury our children isn't something we ever have to consider as lucky.

http://www.groundzeromuseumworkshop.com/band/dad.htm

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #36171 on: December 06, 2013, 09:27:39 PM »

It would be so dreadful if it happened in a public place

There's a joke here about you having already died many times whilst presenting on Sky Poker.

with everybody seeing it

Or maybe not.

<3

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #36172 on: December 07, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »

Hi Tikay how are you?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36173 on: December 07, 2013, 01:06:34 PM »

Without the Thames Barrier, this was estimated to have been the London flooding this week

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36174 on: December 07, 2013, 01:09:16 PM »

Eastenders 2035

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36175 on: December 08, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »

I thought this was a wonderful piece of writing

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/08/nigella-lawson-john-diamond

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #36176 on: December 09, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »

i dreamt of you last night teeks.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #36177 on: December 11, 2013, 09:50:11 AM »

I got up at 9.10am today.

It was 9.10.11.12.13.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36178 on: December 11, 2013, 07:23:10 PM »

I got up at 9.10am today.

It was 9.10.11.12.13.

I had my breakfast then. So that was ate.9.10.11.12.13.

I wonder when Sven-Goran Eriksson had his breakfast, and if he was poorly at the time?

Then it would have been Sick Sven Ate 9 10 11 12 13.

I'll get my coat. 

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36179 on: December 11, 2013, 09:37:51 PM »

This was approved by Houslow council yesterday

20,000 capacity

Don't think there will be a Pub on every corner

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 2408 2409 2410 2411 [2412] 2413 2414 2415 2416 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: