blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 05:02:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3096 3097 3098 3099 [3100] 3101 3102 3103 3104 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6388546 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46485 on: July 08, 2016, 12:14:43 AM »

Doobs, who has been under the weather, is on the adjacent table.

Welcome back Doobs.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #46486 on: July 08, 2016, 12:17:15 AM »

Tony I just want to say I look forward every day be it finishing work or waking up to read your diary. You have given stakers and spectators an equal amount of enjoyment .

One thing you and your investors can be proud of , is how hard you have tried to win for everyone and you can be proud that you tried your damn best to win every single chip in every pot you were involved in. How many here can say that ?

Respect Sir

You and your reports have let me relive the great memories I have of the WSOP

Thank You

Craig

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46487 on: July 08, 2016, 12:40:55 AM »

We raise with.....

two spades

3 callers.

We see The Flop Of Dreams.

So, it's time you guys made some decisions. How do we proceed from here on that flop, with our hand?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #46488 on: July 08, 2016, 12:42:23 AM »

I think you should use a big bunch of bananas as a card-protector in this WSOP $3K jobbie and dispense them as appropriate.

Hopefully you will end up on the final table with a big stack and no bananas left.

I lol'd, would have paid money to see that! I mean Chan has his orange...

I wouldn't take much persuading to do that Cheesy

Was playing a few games and just catching up, some brilliant posts and interesting convo. Will give my take on the aggression as a general topic if nobody has any objections, really interesting topic.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #46489 on: July 08, 2016, 12:43:15 AM »

We raise with.....

two spades

3 callers.

So, it's time you guys made some decisions. How do we proceed from here on that flop, with our hand?

with the   on the turn?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #46490 on: July 08, 2016, 12:43:33 AM »

We raise with.....

two spades

3 callers.

Stacks and pot size?

Would totally change how I would approach it.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46491 on: July 08, 2016, 12:45:34 AM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46492 on: July 08, 2016, 12:49:24 AM »

New player joins our table, 2 seats to my right - Todd Brunson.

Never been a great fan of him as a person, but only judged him from what I read in the media. Be interesting to see what he is really like.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46493 on: July 08, 2016, 12:53:26 AM »

We raise with.....

two spades

3 callers.

Stacks and pot size?

We are all playing similar stacks, 15,000 @ 25-50.

I made it 125, three callers, one of whom was in the BB, so the pot was about 500.

Flushy drooped by mid hand and gave me a proper rubdown as to how I played it. What does he know about O8?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:55:32 AM by tikay » Logged

Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #46494 on: July 08, 2016, 12:54:39 AM »

Never been a great fan of him as a person, but only judged him from what I read in the media. Be interesting to see what he is really like.

Don't know much/anything about his character but as a poker player he has always struck me as no slouch and pretty handy. Only seen him play holdem though.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46495 on: July 08, 2016, 12:59:28 AM »

We raise with.....

two spades

3 callers.

Stacks and pot size?

I made it 125, three callers, one of whom was in the BB, so the pot was about 500.

Flushy drooped by mid hand and gave me a proper rubdown as to how I played it. What does he know about O8?

I'd pot it as we don't have an unbreakable low.

Sorry to hear about Flushy's drooping problem.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #46496 on: July 08, 2016, 01:03:54 AM »

You have to fancy someone has hit a bit of that board.  Depending on position I am probably checking. 
Dekka

View Profile
« Reply #46497 on: July 08, 2016, 01:07:08 AM »

Here we go.  Good luck Tikay, really glad you opted to play this.  I'm not a backer as you know but if I was I'd definitely want you playing the bigger buy ins after you've gone so deep in a couple of tournaments recently.  

And all the best to Doobs too.  Will try and stay awake and on the rail.  Neil C has hard a pretty good start in Event 63 so keeping on eye on him too. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:09:18 AM by Dekka » Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream
Dekka

View Profile
« Reply #46498 on: July 08, 2016, 01:13:56 AM »

He seems a complete arse judging by his Twitter output.  Rip him a new one and slip him a banana please

Only dead fish swim with the stream
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #46499 on: July 08, 2016, 01:14:21 AM »

We raise with.....

two spades

3 callers.

Stacks and pot size?

Also depends quite a bit on position lol I should have asked Cheesy

Umm pretty tricky, TBH I personally think you could justify almost any approach.

In general I would probably pot open raise on the flop for a few reasons...

The flop is very drawy (obviously they will have worse draws) and with the pot being multiway it is 'likely' you will get at least 1 call. From any WSOP PLO8 I have seen/played there is a lot of splashing early so I wouldn't be scared of losing my customers (although I have a feeling this is what happened). Also there is a good chance opponents 'have a bit' as it was raised preflop hopefully narrowing their ranges to ones which connect in some way with that flop.

I also like the pot open as it builds the pot a bit at this stage as I would probably try and get tricky and look to get a chunky check/raise in at some point. Maybe a check/call turn check/reraise river to hopefully let their inferior draws get there if you are OOP. If you were in position I might pot the flop then check behind on the turn, again to let their worse draws hopefully get there and for deception to hopefully induce a big lead bet from them on the river and repot. I also think potting the flop allows room for any weak players to go crazy with sets or worse flush/low draws.

Obviously I would be more than happy to get the lot in if possible on this flop, it could go wrong but looks like a brilliant spot to try and get a big early stack and try and take over the table.

Having said all that we know what comes on the turn if we manage to get a big pot built on the flop... a black 2 or 3 lol.
Pages: 1 ... 3096 3097 3098 3099 [3100] 3101 3102 3103 3104 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: