blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3127 3128 3129 3130 [3131] 3132 3133 3134 3135 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331487 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46950 on: September 04, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »

We arrived back in St Peter Port just as the Marathon was finishing, having left when it began, around 6 hours in all.

Next was fish & chips in an old fashioned chippie, wandered around the summer market, then caught the tender back to MS Azura.

A lovely, lovely, day.

Wish I had made more of it really. When we first boarded, I went to bed for an hour, while Gill went swimming, & I kinda wish I had gone with her now. She has not stopped talking about it since we got home.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:27:09 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46951 on: September 04, 2016, 01:29:48 PM »

Soon, we were back at MS Azura.

From sea level, in a little boat, these things are simply massive.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46952 on: September 04, 2016, 01:34:46 PM »

We had the buffet dinner on the trip back to Southampton. We love buffets, though few can match a Vegas buffet.

Gill, as usual, had foreign shit. (The packet in her right hand are seasickness tablets, as it was rocking & rolling a bit).

Me? Proper dinner - meat, potatoes & gravy. Does food, or life, get better?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46953 on: September 04, 2016, 01:45:55 PM »

We had the buffet dinner on the trip back to Southampton. We love buffets, though few can match a Vegas buffet.

Gill, as usual, had foreign shit. (The packet in her right hand are seasickness tablets, as it was rocking & rolling a bit).

Me? Proper dinner - meat, potatoes & gravy. Does food, or life, get better?

What? Have you eaten your greens already?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46954 on: September 04, 2016, 01:47:52 PM »

And why don't you post pictures that we can quote.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46955 on: September 04, 2016, 01:52:09 PM »

BTW- what is your definition of a shopaholic?

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #46956 on: September 04, 2016, 03:21:40 PM »

Told you Guernsey is a marvellous place.

Next time go to the Channel Islands for 10 days or so and make sure you go to the horse racing at Las Landes.

I've been to alot of tracks in my time, but none as memorable or beautiful as that.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46957 on: September 04, 2016, 04:30:30 PM »

It's very late in the year for rhododendrons; they're usually all gone by early June.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46958 on: September 04, 2016, 04:54:58 PM »

It's very late in the year for rhododendrons; they're usually all gone by early June.

My eyes are not great but i suspect they may be hydrangeas.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #46959 on: September 04, 2016, 04:55:49 PM »

Looks fantastic mate and that little café was a brilliant find.

Despite all the wonderful pictures and the excellent write up including Jappos and Frogs one thing stands out as warranting further investigation.... Why is it that you don't want your bird to think you got a bit out of breath but you're happy for her to be stuck with the image of you having a ten minute dump?

The mind truly boggles.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46960 on: September 04, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »

My eyes are not great but i suspect they may be hydrangeas.

It never occurred to me that they were anything else, I thought there must be a different micro-climate with the sea air.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #46961 on: September 04, 2016, 05:39:34 PM »

Looks fantastic mate and that little café was a brilliant find.

Despite all the wonderful pictures and the excellent write up including Jappos and Frogs one thing stands out as warranting further investigation.... Why is it that you don't want your bird to think you got a bit out of breath but you're happy for her to be stuck with the image of you having a ten minute dump?

The mind truly boggles.

Suspect we should be throwing Jappos and Frogs back in the sea along with the Starfish.   

Obviously more offensive that somebody thinks tesco tomatoes are ever going to be better than homegrown.  Homegrown tomatoes are just so good. Though it is probably consistent with believing starbucks is nicer than pigswill. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46962 on: September 04, 2016, 06:39:53 PM »

PS Don't keep tomatoes in the 'fridge or you'll ruin them as they need to be at room temperature.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #46963 on: September 05, 2016, 01:03:49 AM »

Guernsey is very old world, rather like the Isle of Wight, or Cornwall.

No proper shops, no big buildings, & very little commerce.

Dotted around the island, outside people's front gardens, are little displays of home grown fruit & veg. It is all based on "honesty boxes", nobody serves you, you just help yourself.    

Gill is a severe shopaholic, so we visited several, & our journey home was burdened by about 10lbs of Guernsey Tomatoes & whatnot. The bloody fridge is full of them now. Pretty sure the Tesco ones are better, but Gill won't hear a word of that.  

Bolded bit surely a level, but if not your taste buds are fked from the fags
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #46964 on: September 05, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »

Great pics tikay

Glad you had fun

Thanks John.

How are you now? Are you out of hospital yet? Must have been a long & painful summer for you.

Home now and very lucky to be so. Have some adaptions In Place aids for bathroom hand rails e.t.c and am mainly use walking stick inside not really ready to venture out alone yet so only do so with partner and short distances as the tiredness is still chronic.

Still on high enough doses of.pain medication and the main worry is the uncertainty it affects people in different ways and is relativelyrare so there is not a set course of treatment afterwards

Have been told could be another 6 months of symptoms another year another 2 or for life. Also have facial paralysis on my right side which affects me when I talk and my right eye doesn't shut. Affecting my confidence more than anything again that could be with me forever could go tomorrow or somewhere in between.

That all reads a bit negatively but I can't thank the NHS enough the Care in the critical wards is beyond words. The daily encouragement they gave me when I couldn't communicate in any format and didn't have a clue where i would be was a godsend. How they do it I'm not sure. As you move to the less critical wards the care is less but most of the nurses were excellent.

The rehab was as good as you would get privately. Once I got to the rehab ward they give everyone two hours a day of physio and occupational therapy. That soon adds up and once I got there I was amazed how quickly relatively I improved. It is a good ward as if you don't put the effort in they don't give you such intensive rehab I can easily say I have never worked as hard in my life.

Even though I thought I knew what it was like to be completely reliant on others through my mum I didn't. Being hoisted out of bed to be sat on a chair for 20 minutes and in such pain I didn't want to do it and then falling asleep for 3 hours as you are so tired really hits home.

I am already in contact with some of the seniors on the intensive care ward as I want to go and help them in some way even if it's only one day a month I owe them everything.

Sorry that went on a bit!
Pages: 1 ... 3127 3128 3129 3130 [3131] 3132 3133 3134 3135 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: