blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:52:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3138 3139 3140 3141 [3142] 3143 3144 3145 3146 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331452 times)
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #47115 on: October 10, 2016, 03:13:38 AM »

.....but I do have time, Hell, I've MADE time, to remind everyone of the cultural highlight of 2016 which takes place tomorrow morning on Radio 2.

On the Chris Evans Breakfast Show, the Special Guest - & I do mean Special with an upper case S - is none other than Robbie Williams.

Wireless does not get better than that.

I know it's hard to fathom considering my dislike of Robbie but Evans ranks lower on my scale, he makes me do that fingers down the throat puke thing.

Do you know that Evans is banned for life from taking part in the most prestigous pro/am on the calendar, The Dunhill Links Championship, such is his standing in golfing esteem.

I have always quite liked Chris Evans , why is he banned from the Pro
am ?

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #47116 on: October 10, 2016, 09:47:16 AM »

.....but I do have time, Hell, I've MADE time, to remind everyone of the cultural highlight of 2016 which takes place tomorrow morning on Radio 2.

On the Chris Evans Breakfast Show, the Special Guest - & I do mean Special with an upper case S - is none other than Robbie Williams.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2177978/Chris-Evans-banned-life-Dunhill-celebrity-golf-tournament.html

cheated over his handicap.

I know it's hard to fathom considering my dislike of Robbie but Evans ranks lower on my scale, he makes me do that fingers down the throat puke thing.

Do you know that Evans is banned for life from taking part in the most prestigous pro/am on the calendar, The Dunhill Links Championship, such is his standing in golfing esteem.

am ?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47117 on: October 10, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »

am ?

The story given to the public was that his handicap of 10 was blatantly phoney judging by the standard of his play.(he and Nick Dougherty won with ~-40)

I can't help thinking that there must have been more to it that we weren't told as the field is liberally sprinkled with "bandits" every year.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47118 on: October 11, 2016, 12:59:59 PM »

Read a great little article today (and its a clever, subtle advert too). His dislike of exclamation marks reminded me of you.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/looking-safe-stance-use-exclamation-marks-recruitment-mitch-sullivan?trk=hp-feed-article-title-publish
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47119 on: October 11, 2016, 02:33:34 PM »

Read a great little article today (and its a clever, subtle advert too). His dislike of exclamation marks reminded me of you.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/looking-safe-stance-use-exclamation-marks-recruitment-mitch-sullivan?trk=hp-feed-article-title-publish

Oh God, Jim, don't start me off, I was nice  & calm, relaxed & chilled until I read that.

This tickled me though.....

"More broadly, it’s been argued by smarter people than me, that an adult’s sanity is inversely proportional to the number of exclamation marks they use when writing on the Internet"

More seriously, this hits the spot exactly;

That kind of gushy enthusiasm is off-putting at best and patronising at worse.

And that is probably what upsets me most when I see bangs & shrieks galore in corporate comms, because it assumes we, the reader or Customer is a dumbschmuck, or reads magazines aimed at adolescent females such as "Jackie, or "16!".

It is grossly patronising, condescending & insulting to any balanced grown up.

I got these 2 Texts last week;

(Upper case is as received).

"ANTHONY, HERE IS THE TEXT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!"

"LOOK OUT FOR YOUR CUSTOMER CODE TOMORROW!!"

Who the hell wrote that - a salesman's 3 year old daughter?

And guess who sent me it. The producers of Pokeman Go? An ice cream lolly maker? A publisher of comics?  Essex Cultural Society?

No, no, no, & no.

Sytner BMW.

Now a BMW is no longer a prestige car, it's a mass produced middle of the range motor car, albeit they are very nice & well made.

I'd say, however, we can reasonably assume that BMW drivers are aged 18 or over. So they don't need to be patronised with that shite.

I'm not actually sure if this GIF represents those who write that garbage, or me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47120 on: October 11, 2016, 02:37:24 PM »

Oh God, Jim, don't start me off, I was nice  & calm, relaxed & chilled until I read that.

"More broadly, it’s been argued by smarter people than me, that an adult’s sanity is inversely proportional to the number of exclamation marks they use when writing on the Internet"

And that is probably what upsets me most when I see bangs & shrieks galore in corporate comms, because it assumes we, the reader or Customer is a dumbschmuck, or reads magazines aimed at adolescent females such as "Jackie, or "16!".

And guess who sent me it. The producers of Pokeman Go? An ice cream lolly maker? A publisher of comics?  Essex Cultural Society?

No, no, no, & no.

Sytner BMW.

Now a BMW is no longer a prestige car, it's a mass produced middle of the range motor car, albeit they are very nice & well made.

I'd say, however, we can reasonably assume that BMW drivers are aged 18 or over. So they don't need to be patronised with that shite.

I'm not actually sure if this GIF represents those who write that garbage, or me.

MMMMM....  ADOLESCENT FEMALES!!!

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47121 on: October 11, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »

Talking of corporate Comms, what salary would you want to be the Marketing or Corporate Comms Director of Samsung today?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/business/international/samsung-galaxy-note7-terminated.html?_r=0

Good grief, this is going to be a whopper of a story, it really is.

The cost - in Sales, Product Replacement, & most of all, reputational - to Samsung is incalculable.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:44:04 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47122 on: October 11, 2016, 02:44:54 PM »

No, no, no, & no.

Sytner BMW.

MMMMM....  ADOLESCENT FEMALES!!!

Get back to your plumbing thread, & gl getting a reply from a "normal person" on that.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #47123 on: October 11, 2016, 03:11:39 PM »

No, no, no, & no.

Sytner BMW.

If the text didn't have "regards" at the end you can rule out at least one person?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #47124 on: October 11, 2016, 03:14:03 PM »

No, no, no, & no.

SHytner BMW.

FYP

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47125 on: October 11, 2016, 03:31:42 PM »

No, no, no, & no.

Sytner BMW.

If the text didn't have "regards" at the end you can rule out at least one person?

Regards is not with Sytner these days, he's with Jaguar Land Rover I think.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47126 on: October 11, 2016, 03:34:17 PM »

No, no, no, & no.

SHytner BMW.

FYP

I'm guessing you are not a fan of Sytner, right?

Have to say, they have looked after me wonderfully for 10 or 12 years now, no complaints at all. Well, UNTIL I RECEIVED THAT TEXT.

I mean, for crying out loud, since when do grown ups use all upper case? Obviously, we expect it from Yorkshire folk, they know no better, but Sytner are a class act.

Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47127 on: October 11, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »

No, no, no, & no.

Sytner BMW.

Apologies for interrupting your calm, chilled state.  It almost tempted me not to mention that  I'm Alan, not Jim.  Blame Jim if you want.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47128 on: October 11, 2016, 03:43:39 PM »

No, no, no, & no.

Sytner BMW.

Apologies for interrupting your calm, chilled state.  It almost tempted me not to mention that  I'm Alan, not Jim.  Blame Jim if you want.

Sigh, now I'm even more tetchy & angsty, sorry Alan.

Jim was the fella that won the Lottery, right? And you always wore those rather classy checked shirts, Ben Sherman I fancy.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #47129 on: October 11, 2016, 03:45:33 PM »

No, no, no, & no.

Sytner BMW.

Apologies for interrupting your calm, chilled state.  It almost tempted me not to mention that  I'm Alan, not Jim.  Blame Jim if you want.

Sigh, now I'm even more tetchy & angsty, sorry Alan.

Jim was the fella that won the Lottery, right?

I hope you sent the money to Jim and not Alan or Mrs Jim  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3138 3139 3140 3141 [3142] 3143 3144 3145 3146 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: