blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3135 3136 3137 3138 [3139] 3140 3141 3142 3143 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6295919 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47070 on: September 28, 2016, 11:13:33 AM »

I've noticed a strange phenominominon.

Every time I open this thread, my computer slows down to a crawl. I can't work it out. I think it's floundering under the sheer weight of shite.

The older I get, the better I was.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47071 on: September 28, 2016, 11:17:16 AM »

Couple of ex blondes got married yesterday in Vegas Tony , Rookie and Ling.

Congratulations and best wishes to them.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47072 on: September 28, 2016, 03:45:10 PM »

Just ate at a highbrow restaurant.  Thought I'd try a big tasty burger.  It was defintely big, not sure it was that tasty.

On the box it said Big Tasty, as you'd expect.  Underneath it said "Enough Said".   And not only did it say that, it was in a bigger font than Big Tasty.

Surely if enough was said, then you wouldn't write anything after tasty and if you did, you certainly wouldn't use a bigger font?

Edit.  This is Tal's diary?

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:47:49 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47073 on: September 28, 2016, 05:05:06 PM »

Just ate at a highbrow restaurant.  Thought I'd try a big tasty burger.  It was defintely big, not sure it was that tasty.

On the box it said Big Tasty, as you'd expect.  Underneath it said "Enough Said".   And not only did it say that, it was in a bigger font than Big Tasty.

Surely if enough was said, then you wouldn't write anything after tasty and if you did, you certainly wouldn't use a bigger font?

Edit.  This is Tal's diary?

No. I only rent a room in the summer. At these prices I couldn't afford anything more.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #47074 on: September 29, 2016, 12:02:17 PM »

This bombshell landed in my inbox this morning.

gg full service airline, hello low cost carrier offering.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/29/british-airways-marks-and-spencer-sandwiches-economy-short-haul-flights

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47075 on: September 29, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »

is a snip at  £39.40,

For pie??? 

I'm usually very happy to stump up for good grub but.... un peu trop!

You can't pay too much for a good steak & kidney pie, Simon, especially for one that actually has kidney in it.

A good S & K pie, some proper mashed potatoes, & liberally covered in gravy made with Bisto Gravy Granules. It's like dying, & waking up in Heaven.  It's one of those rare occasions when we are allowed to lick the plate in public.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47076 on: September 29, 2016, 05:26:02 PM »

Phase 2 fail.

Whoops.

It was a fun tourney in the end. It only just got over the Guarantee line, but it played out a treat.

The Final went on a bit, then 3 of the 4 players got it all in, J-J, 10-10 & 2-2, & it ended soon after, at about 0143. I had been making notes throughout, then got up at 5 the next morning & wrote an "As it Happened" sort of blog/running commentary thing. It was extremely well received, too, almost a handful of people said they enjoyed it. One suit said it was great, too, but he was only a VLS.

The kid who won it, who came from Bognor, won £3,800 I think - his biggest previous win was about £200. LOVE it when that happens. Oddly, the final included an Accountant with a sense of humour, & who could play poker. Very odd combo that. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47077 on: September 29, 2016, 05:36:05 PM »

I've noticed a strange phenominominon.

Every time I open this thread, my computer slows down to a crawl. I can't work it out. I think it's floundering under the sheer weight of shite.

Apologies, but I have an IGNORE setting, so I can't read your posts.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47078 on: September 29, 2016, 05:38:05 PM »

Couple of ex blondes got married yesterday in Vegas Tony , Rookie and Ling.

Congratulations and best wishes to them.

Good Lord.

How long they been together now - best part of 10 years, surely?

Does Ben still own greyhounds?

WE had some ups & downs, fai to say, but that was a long time ago, & I genuinely with them both the very best.

Pfft at falling in love & all that stuff though.  CBA with it myself.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47079 on: September 29, 2016, 05:39:17 PM »

This is a great advert. (Shite ending though)

Fabulous.

Robbie, recognized the world over.

Proper Best of British, Robbie.

Excuse me Your Mumpsiness but he is a bell-end of epic proportions with a gamut of slappability to boot.

You are also becoming a proper luvvie with this fixation for commercials, I bet you turn the volume up when they come on too.

Not forgotten this, a story of hugely boring proportions is waiting in the wings, but I don't have time today.

Ditto Doobs story, which was sort of linked, really.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:48:56 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47080 on: September 29, 2016, 05:43:09 PM »

.....but I do have time, Hell, I've MADE time, to remind everyone of the cultural highlight of 2016 which takes place tomorrow morning on Radio 2.

On the Chris Evans Breakfast Show, the Special Guest - & I do mean Special with an upper case S - is none other than Robbie Williams.

Wireless does not get better than that.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47081 on: September 30, 2016, 12:35:06 AM »

.....but I do have time, Hell, I've MADE time, to remind everyone of the cultural highlight of 2016 which takes place tomorrow morning on Radio 2.

On the Chris Evans Breakfast Show, the Special Guest - & I do mean Special with an upper case S - is none other than Robbie Williams.

Wireless does not get better than that.

I know it's hard to fathom considering my dislike of Robbie but Evans ranks lower on my scale, he makes me do that fingers down the throat puke thing.

Do you know that Evans is banned for life from taking part in the most prestigous pro/am on the calendar, The Dunhill Links Championship, such is his standing in golfing esteem.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #47082 on: September 30, 2016, 02:03:59 AM »

is a snip at  £39.40,

For pie??? 

I'm usually very happy to stump up for good grub but.... un peu

You can't pay too much for a good steak & kidney pie, Simon, especially for one that actually has kidney in it.

A good S & K pie, some proper mashed potatoes, & liberally covered in gravy made with Bisto Gravy Granules. It's like dying, & waking up in Heaven.  It's one of those rare occasions when we are allowed to lick the plate in public.

We had a £5 cottage pie with baked beans last night from the Tesco finest range Smiley
In the 40 mins warm up / cooking time we downed 2£5.49 bottles of prosecco from aldi Smiley
Felt like kings by ten pm we were tucked up in bed asleep like babies
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #47083 on: October 03, 2016, 01:18:37 PM »

Phase 2 fail.

Whoops.

It was a fun tourney in the end. It only just got over the Guarantee line, but it played out a treat.

The Final went on a bit, then 3 of the 4 players got it all in, J-J, 10-10 & 2-2, & it ended soon after, at about 0143. I had been making notes throughout, then got up at 5 the next morning & wrote an "As it Happened" sort of blog/running commentary thing. It was extremely well received, too, almost a handful of people said they enjoyed it. One suit said it was great, too, but he was only a VLS.

The kid who won it, who came from Bognor, won £3,800 I think - his biggest previous win was about £200. LOVE it when that happens. Oddly, the final included an Accountant with a sense of humour, & who could play poker. Very odd combo that. 

I resent that comment as an Accountant with a sense of humour who can (ah ok I'll stop now)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47084 on: October 06, 2016, 05:03:08 PM »

I read you like adventures with your spouse and so do I. Currently on Nice adventure with Mrs Mantis which is pretty nifty and off to Cannes tomorrow. Been on a lot of these adventures and below is the formula for the very best one in my experience, expect to obtain unlimited brownie points...

Fly into Verona, the city of love, which you can do for about 10 pence
Dinner at Nastro Azzuro and opera/show at the roman arena
Don't forget to visit Romeo and juliets balcony, act lovey dovey
Train to Lake Garda and spend a couple of days cruising/mincing around the lake, act lovey dovey
First class train to Venice, arriving by train is the best and Venice is the dogs coconuts
Cruise up the grand canal on a water bus, act lovey dovey
Fly out of Venice for 16p
Revel in lovey dovey masterdom for the next 5 years

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 3135 3136 3137 3138 [3139] 3140 3141 3142 3143 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: