blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:24:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3166 3167 3168 3169 [3170] 3171 3172 3173 3174 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333879 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47535 on: November 27, 2016, 12:13:47 PM »

And that was the very spot where Princess Diana was killed.

It has been turned into a sort of unofficial shrine.

It was surprisingly emotional.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47536 on: November 27, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »

In Paris (perhaps elsewhere, too, but I've never seen or heard of it before?) they do this weird thing with padlocks, which represent "love locks" (eh?), & so people place padlocks around the shrine. Thousands of them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47537 on: November 27, 2016, 12:21:41 PM »

One bridge in Paris  - the Ponce des Arts - had so many padlocks on it that it partially collapsed last year & had to be closed. They reckoned it had 45 tons of padlocks on the railings.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47538 on: November 27, 2016, 12:23:57 PM »

We went to a really posh shop, too, Galleries Layfette, guess it was Paris's answer to Harrods.

It has the most extraordinary dome & gallery thing.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47539 on: November 27, 2016, 12:31:07 PM »

Our first stop yesterday was at a place called Montmartre, which featured quite a nice little Church, called Sacre-Coeur. (There is an accent thing over the "e" of Sacre, & the "o" & "e" of Coeur" are sort of joined up.  No idea how to type them, but Tal will know).

If you're on a laptop, you can use the number pad while holding down through ALT key.

ALT and 130 gets you an é
ALT and 156 gets you an œ

http://tools.oratory.com/altcodes.html

If you're on a handheld device, I'm not sure about apple software but on an android 'phone, I can hold down the vowel and it'll suggest accents.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47540 on: November 27, 2016, 12:46:13 PM »

These people complaining about the price of an airport breakfast haven't tried ordering one on the Champs-Elysées.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47541 on: November 27, 2016, 12:51:26 PM »

Mohican & Red once again betray their ignorance of business practices & the real world with their oh so predictable chuntering about the price of a breakfast at an Airport.

Airport retailing is a really odd business model. The rents are sky high, & on top of that, the retailers have to pay a "tax" on turnover to the Airport operator.

Set against that, it is the Mecca of retailing - a guaranteed flow of customers all day every day, most of whom have time on their hands, hours to waste, & a pocket full of money. BOOMIO.

As to the Breakfast, it's a "when in Rome" variant, Airport brekkies are expensive, but this was, relatively, decent value.

Not enough bacon? For another £3 we could have had 2 extra rashers & an extra sausage.

Tell me that's not a bargain.

So bearing in mind everything you've said, how much extra would it cost them to add two more slices of bacon?

Are bits of bacon taxed individually?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47542 on: November 27, 2016, 12:52:46 PM »

Gill looks well BTW. How come you're not in any of the shots, forgot your wide angle lens?

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47543 on: November 27, 2016, 01:02:07 PM »

Gotta go out so can't wait for the punchline.
Congratulations if she said yes, hope you have a long and happy life together.
If you didn't ask her, you are a fool Wink

Glad you had a good trip.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47544 on: November 27, 2016, 01:03:11 PM »

Gotta go out so can't wait for the punchline.
Congratulations if she said yes, hope you have a long and happy life together.
If you didn't ask her, you are a fool Wink

Glad you had a good trip.

Get with the programme.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47545 on: November 27, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »

These people complaining about the price of an airport breakfast haven't tried ordering one on the Champs-Elysées.

Correct.

We had a toasted cheese sandwich, a ham sandwich, (which was actually a bread roll), a side of fries, a coke and a latte. The latte was not a proper latte either, not remotely like a Costa.

€45.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47546 on: November 27, 2016, 01:57:31 PM »

I remember being served a 'full English breakfast' on a long haul flight once. What a thoroughly wretched thing that was! One tiny sausage that looked & tasted like a boiled monkey penis was the highlight.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47547 on: November 27, 2016, 01:58:53 PM »

Just let me know if you need any tips on photography.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47548 on: November 27, 2016, 02:47:14 PM »

Correct.

We had a toasted cheese sandwich, a ham sandwich, (which was actually a bread roll), a side of fries, a coke and a latte. The latte was not a proper latte either, not remotely like a Costa.

€45.

By that logic it's OK to pay 10k to fly to Vegas because it cost's 150 million to fly to the moon.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47549 on: November 27, 2016, 03:10:06 PM »

Correct.

€45.

By that logic it's OK to pay 10k to fly to Vegas because it cost's 150 million to fly to the moon.

If you offered tikay three hours in an airport for three days in Paris, or three days in an airport for three hours in Paris, which do you think he'd choose?

Pages: 1 ... 3166 3167 3168 3169 [3170] 3171 3172 3173 3174 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: