blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:33:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3169 3170 3171 3172 [3173] 3174 3175 3176 3177 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296950 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47580 on: December 04, 2016, 12:43:19 PM »

Just found out the news from elsewhere.  Guess I'll never make it on the show.  Used to really enjoy it, despite the fact it was never really aimed at me.

Good luck going forward.

Thanks David.

For those wondering, Sky Poker TV Show closes it's doors for the last time this coming Tuesday. We had a good run, just shy of 10 years, but that's it, GG us. Sky Poker have very kindly asked me to be on that Show, as I've been there longest, which was very good of them. I'm quite proud in some ways. I'm shite at the job, but I'm utterly reliable & a safe pair of hands. In 10 years, I have not missed a single Show I was booked for, not thrown a single sickie, or come up with some excuse because I wanted to go play poker or whatever. Once I'm booked, that's it, I turn up, no exceptions. 

In the unlikely event you are interested, it fell to me to sort of inform the players via a blog, which was almost like writing my own (TV) obit. I'm doing Tuesday's Show, then that's it, it's all over baby. My other responsibilities Next Door remain unchanged, for the time being at least. (Contract due for renewal in January, & I'm not hearing negative noises as to that, but you never know, do you?)

It was a tad awkward to write the piece, in which it was my job to break the news, & at the same time, try to show solidarity with 4 or 5 people who I'm very close to, & who will lose their jobs - Rich Orford, Anna Fowler, Dan, Louis & Chan. Quite an uncomfortable spot to say "yay, it's great going forward" whist at the same time having empathy with those friends. Had to be done though, that's my job.

Anyway, if you are interested, the Blog is here.....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-news/tony-kendall-reflects-on-sky-poker-tv-annoucement

There was a Forum Thread, too, obviously, & it fell to me to handle the feedback.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3aceea9cd3-bceb-4297-b165-690e6d2d5a3a               

So that's that, TV wise. My income will reduce, of course, but don't think I can complain. I got away with it for 10 years, more on reliability than even a modicum of talent, & a few years before with Wm Hill TV, & PNL.

GG, WP.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47581 on: December 04, 2016, 12:52:08 PM »

More of all this to follow, I must warn you, with some of the ups & downs I encounter in the little jobs I do for them from day to day. It won't be much fun to read, but it's my Diary & my celebration, so too bad.  

I nerd out on this shit too keep it coming.

Let's face it, anything is better than Robbie Williams.

Apart from Phil Collins possibly, who's omission from that list of Tony's favourite artistes came as something of a surprise.

I enjoyed most of the genesis stuff, but once Phil went solo, no I never much enjoyed his stuff.

Having said that, I never quite understood why he became such an object of hate by so many - he was said to be the most hated artiste of his time.

If we don't like someone's music, there's plenty of other stuff. Society "hates" so easy these days. I guess the meaning of the word is changing, much as the meaning of "friends", or "Like" has been changed by Facebook.  

Assuming this isn't a rhetorical question, Collins made no secret of his liking of Thatcher.  He also promised to leave the Country if Labour got to power and think he did.  Add to that his music was pretty much dirge.

I don't do much hate either, but can see why he gets a lot of it.

They hated him because he admired Lady Thatcher? How very odd. I admired Lady Thatcher - very much, in fact, as did a majority of the electorate for a good few years. Do you think folks hate me for that? (Simple question, not gonna get into politics here).

I agree as to his solo music being "dirge", but he sold zillions of records, so there was a fair amount of "like" too.  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 12:53:56 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47582 on: December 04, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »

I'm interested. I'll comment when I've ploughed through it.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47583 on: December 04, 2016, 01:11:35 PM »

The new £5 note has minute traces of animal fat in it, so people are signing a petition saying it is a disgrace, & the animal fat should be removed.

Guess how many have signed that petition?

Jeez.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47584 on: December 04, 2016, 01:26:25 PM »

The new £5 note has minute traces of animal fat in it, so people are signing a petition saying it is a disgrace, & the animal fat should be removed.

Guess how many have signed that petition?

Jeez.

If God hadn't intended us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47585 on: December 04, 2016, 01:47:23 PM »

Gill had developed a liking for (prints of) paintings by Lowry, & purchased this yesterday.

Can anyone guess what it is called? (Bonus marks for "shite").

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47586 on: December 04, 2016, 01:50:30 PM »

More of all this to follow, I must warn you, with some of the ups & downs I encounter in the little jobs I do for them from day to day. It won't be much fun to read, but it's my Diary & my celebration, so too bad.  

I nerd out on this shit too keep it coming.

Let's face it, anything is better than Robbie Williams.

Apart from Phil Collins possibly, who's omission from that list of Tony's favourite artistes came as something of a surprise.

I enjoyed most of the genesis stuff, but once Phil went solo, no I never much enjoyed his stuff.

Having said that, I never quite understood why he became such an object of hate by so many - he was said to be the most hated artiste of his time.

If we don't like someone's music, there's plenty of other stuff. Society "hates" so easy these days. I guess the meaning of the word is changing, much as the meaning of "friends", or "Like" has been changed by Facebook.  

Assuming this isn't a rhetorical question, Collins made no secret of his liking of Thatcher.  He also promised to leave the Country if Labour got to power and think he did.  Add to that his music was pretty much dirge.

I don't do much hate either, but can see why he gets a lot of it.

They hated him because he admired Lady Thatcher? How very odd. I admired Lady Thatcher - very much, in fact, as did a majority of the electorate for a good few years. Do you think folks hate me for that? (Simple question, not gonna get into politics here).

I agree as to his solo music being "dirge", but he sold zillions of records, so there was a fair amount of "like" too.  

Youth innit, Thatcher was marmite, pretty much no middle ground.  

Majority is over 50% in your World too?

Sure you'll be ok Tikay.   He was front page with his views.  Sure he's a nice man.  Not so convinced on Thatcher.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47587 on: December 04, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »

Gill had developed a liking for (prints of) paintings by Lowry, & purchased this yesterday.

Man Lying on a Wall

(say what you see etc, but that is the title)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47588 on: December 04, 2016, 01:55:05 PM »

Man lying on wall.

Next.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47589 on: December 04, 2016, 01:55:27 PM »

Man lying on wall?  I can't see much merit in these pictures.

I think you undersell yourself tikay, there is clearly a lot of affection for you and the shows nexr door and that is something after 10 years.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47590 on: December 04, 2016, 01:56:40 PM »

Bollocks. Ninjad while I was checking how to spell lying.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47591 on: December 04, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »

Bollocks. Ninjad while I was checking how to spell lying.

Would have won easily if I didn't post that sentimental shite!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47592 on: December 04, 2016, 02:22:33 PM »

Did anyone see the TV programme this week about the World Memory Championships?

I forgot.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47593 on: December 04, 2016, 02:28:40 PM »

I forgot.

Lol

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47594 on: December 05, 2016, 07:51:10 PM »

It was stunning.

One of the tests was to memorise binary numbers - thousands of them. There were 20 lines per A4 page of binary numbers, & they had 30 minutes to memorize them all in the correct sequence.  Many contestants scored 95% or more, & one chap got the chuffing lot.

This chap's not bad, either:

http://en.chessbase.com/post/timur-gareyev-world-record-blindfold-attempt

To give you an idea of the ratings of the opponents:

1200 and below: beginner level
1200-1400: novice
1400-1600: local club player
1600-1800: fairly decent club player who plays some county chess
1800-2000: strong county player
2000-2200: top county player
2200 and over: master level.

He's playing a fair mix of abilities. 48 games in his head at the same time.

The great Alexander Alekhine set the record in Paris in 1926 at 28:

http://www.blindfoldchess.net/

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 3169 3170 3171 3172 [3173] 3174 3175 3176 3177 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: