blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:27:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3167 3168 3169 3170 [3171] 3172 3173 3174 3175 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333470 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47550 on: November 27, 2016, 03:34:24 PM »

These people complaining about the price of an airport breakfast haven't tried ordering one on the Champs-Elysées.

Correct.

We had a toasted cheese sandwich, a ham sandwich, (which was actually a bread roll), a side of fries, a coke and a latte. The latte was not a proper latte either, not remotely like a Costa.

€45.

By that logic it's OK to pay 10k to fly to Vegas because it cost's 150 million to fly to the moon.

If you offered tikay three hours in an airport for three days in Paris, or three days in an airport for three hours in Paris, which do you think he'd choose?

The airport.

If you offered tikay one rasher of bacon for 4 quid or four rashers of bacon for 1 quid which do you think he would choose?

Fair enough, that might confuse him, but what if you offered him one steak and kidney pie for £2.50 or one steak and kidney pie for £48?

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47551 on: November 27, 2016, 05:12:03 PM »

In Paris (perhaps elsewhere, too, but I've never seen or heard of it before?) they do this weird thing with padlocks, which represent "love locks" (eh?), & so people place padlocks around the shrine. Thousands of them.

There used to be a bridge full of them at Bristol harbourside, but think they have got rid of them.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47552 on: November 27, 2016, 05:20:13 PM »

In Paris (perhaps elsewhere, too, but I've never seen or heard of it before?) they do this weird thing with padlocks, which represent "love locks" (eh?), & so people place padlocks around the shrine. Thousands of them.

There used to be a bridge full of them at Bristol harbourside, but think they have got rid of them.

Well I never, & yes, it seems you are correct Mr Doobs.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/workmen-cut-love-locks-bristol-s-pero-s-bridge/story-26007935-detail/story.html

In fact a peruse of google sugests it happens all over the place, right across Europe. 

Never knew that before.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47553 on: November 27, 2016, 05:22:10 PM »

Mohican & Red once again betray their ignorance of business practices & the real world with their oh so predictable chuntering about the price of a breakfast at an Airport.

Airport retailing is a really odd business model. The rents are sky high, & on top of that, the retailers have to pay a "tax" on turnover to the Airport operator.

Set against that, it is the Mecca of retailing - a guaranteed flow of customers all day every day, most of whom have time on their hands, hours to waste, & a pocket full of money. BOOMIO.

As to the Breakfast, it's a "when in Rome" variant, Airport brekkies are expensive, but this was, relatively, decent value.

Not enough bacon? For another £3 we could have had 2 extra rashers & an extra sausage.

Tell me that's not a bargain.

So bearing in mind everything you've said, how much extra would it cost them to add two more slices of bacon?

Are bits of bacon taxed individually?

If you were the seller & not the buyer, you'd view if differently, as you well know.

If something costs a shilling, you don't sell it for 1/3 if you can get 2 bob for it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47554 on: November 27, 2016, 05:59:49 PM »

Mohican & Red once again betray their ignorance of business practices & the real world with their oh so predictable chuntering about the price of a breakfast at an Airport.

Airport retailing is a really odd business model. The rents are sky high, & on top of that, the retailers have to pay a "tax" on turnover to the Airport operator.

Set against that, it is the Mecca of retailing - a guaranteed flow of customers all day every day, most of whom have time on their hands, hours to waste, & a pocket full of money. BOOMIO.

As to the Breakfast, it's a "when in Rome" variant, Airport brekkies are expensive, but this was, relatively, decent value.

Not enough bacon? For another £3 we could have had 2 extra rashers & an extra sausage.

Tell me that's not a bargain.

So bearing in mind everything you've said, how much extra would it cost them to add two more slices of bacon?

Are bits of bacon taxed individually?

If you were the seller & not the buyer, you'd view if differently, as you well know.

If something costs a shilling, you don't sell it for 1/3 if you can get 2 bob for it.

I'm not ridiculing the seller.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47555 on: November 27, 2016, 06:59:34 PM »

I have to add a smiley, otherwise he sulks.   Smiley

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47556 on: November 27, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »

Then he locks himself in his bedroom and plays Robbie Williams records.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #47557 on: November 28, 2016, 05:58:43 PM »

By that logic it's OK to pay 10k to fly to Vegas because it cost's 150 million to fly to the moon.

But who pays 10K when I've shown you how to do it for 2K by buying air miles and.....oops wrong thread.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #47558 on: November 28, 2016, 06:21:04 PM »

But who pays 10K when I've shown you how to do it for 2K by buying air miles and.....oops wrong thread.

Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47559 on: November 29, 2016, 04:24:47 PM »

you are the man to ask

the Chapacoense tragedy in the way into medellin airport

what are the aircraft forums saying on possible causes?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #47560 on: November 29, 2016, 05:54:51 PM »

you are the man to ask

the Chapacoense tragedy in the way into medellin airport

what are the aircraft forums saying on possible causes?

At the minute there are a couple of theories, 1 is that the aircraft ran out of fuel, this has come from an apparent quote of one of the surviving flight attendants coupled with the fact there appears to be no fire at the crash site.  Part of this theory is that this is quite a small aircraft and the route it was taking is at the edge of its limit in terms of fuel needed.

Second one is that the plane apparently reported an electrical problem/failure which could have caused the incident.  Or, there was an electrical problem which the crew were busy trying to rectify and then lost track of their fuel/fuel management which caused it to crash.

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/587574-colombian-jet-72-board-goes-down-its-way-medellin.html
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 06:01:45 PM by bunnydas8888 » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47561 on: November 29, 2016, 06:40:31 PM »

^^^^

Good work bunny, PPRuNe is always the best place to look when these things happen.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47562 on: November 29, 2016, 06:41:59 PM »

I left quite a few questions & comments hanging last week, what with workload, Thanksgiving, & Saturday's adventure, & tomorrow will be a bit awkward too, but I'll try to answer where necessary on Thursday.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47563 on: December 02, 2016, 06:26:47 PM »

Don't talk to me about having to put up with fancy tablecloths.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47564 on: December 03, 2016, 12:58:36 AM »

Just found out the news from elsewhere.  Guess I'll never make it on the show.  Used to really enjoy it, despite the fact it was never really aimed at me.

Good luck going forward.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 3167 3168 3169 3170 [3171] 3172 3173 3174 3175 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: