blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3207 3208 3209 3210 [3211] 3212 3213 3214 3215 ... 3776 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6285477 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48150 on: May 03, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »

Hi tikay
Glad to hear you are recovering well and we will still battle at the plo/plo8 tables again this year.

I've just booked 15th for 10 nights.

Spoilt for choice this year, literally could play a tournament every day if I'm in the mood.

Cheers
Rob

Kept meaning to reply to this.

Yes, I'm in good nick now & can't wait. I go on June 2nd.

Agree there is a great choice of 4 & 5 card games this year - will stick a schedule up shortly.

The only regret really is that the WSOP have dumped the $3,000 PLO8, which was easily my favourite tournament of the trip each year, & in which I have cashed twice in three attempts. 

It's been replaced by a $10,000 version. I'm reasonably confident I could cash in that, too, but at $10k, it's a tad too rich for me. So I'll play a few satellites to it, or if I have a deece win in something else I'll play it, if not, I'll have to swerve it.

I'll post a full schedule of all PLO, PLO8 & Big O MTT's during in Vegas during the WSOP shortly, it may be of use to you, Markycrash or Mr Doobs.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48151 on: May 03, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »

A quick aside from my rehab session yesterday.

I'm like Teachers Pet in that, I'm top of the class & doing really well.

Anyway, I was on a sort of exercise bike thing yesterday. It had all sorts of LED readouts, including "Calories Burned" or somesuch.

I was cycling as fast as my little legs could go, AND on maximum elevation. (You can set the machine to simulate cycling uphill).

I did that for 2 minutes, abso max energy, as fast & hard as I could manage, & the chuffing "calories burned" thing said I had burned......9 (NINE) cals.

Now, there are around 450 calories in a decent iced Belgian bun or iced lemon slice.

So, If I cycle flat out uphill for (50 x 2) = 100 minutes I'll burn 450 calories & can have a sticky bun.

Pretty ridic really. Be worth it though.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:43:57 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48152 on: May 03, 2017, 12:14:44 PM »

Hi tikay
Glad to hear you are recovering well and we will still battle at the plo/plo8 tables again this year.

Spoilt for choice this year, literally could play a tournament every day if I'm in the mood.

Cheers
Rob

Agree there is a great choice of 4 & 5 card games this year - will stick a schedule up shortly.

The only regret really is that the WSOP have dumped the $3,000 PLO8, which was easily my favourite tournament of the trip each year, & in which I have cashed twice in three attempts. 

It's been replaced by a $10,000 version. I'm reasonably confident I could cash in that, too, but at $10k, it's a tad too rich for me. So I'll play a few satellites to it, or if I have a deece win in something else I'll play it, if not, I'll have to swerve it.

I'll post a full schedule of all PLO, PLO8 & Big O MTT's during in Vegas during the WSOP shortly, it may be of use to you, Markycrash or Mr Doobs.
Suddenly had the urge to burn money. Must be time for the  Annual Anteek Roadshow staking debacle adventure

Cymru am byth
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48153 on: May 03, 2017, 12:55:56 PM »

Hi tikay

Cheers
Rob

If you could find something for the 27th it would be good.
20-Jun    Maybe a little 1/3 cash at the Wynn?
21-Jun   1500 plo WSOP   
22-Jun   300 plo/plo8 PH 11am  465 plo88 11am Aria (probably the latter)   
23-Jun   1500plo8 WSOP   
24-Jun   1100plo8 Venetian   
25-Jun   3kplo?   550 NLH Wynn  (I am staying at the Wynn, and don't rate my plo high game enough to play the 3k.  May change if I have a big cash earlier).
26-Jun   400 NLH wynn or 600 Aria?
27-Jun   Rio deepstack?   

As an aside, the virgin premium economy set up from gatwick seems to have changed, so you get a lot of toilet traffic from economy upstairs.  Have just switched to downstairs and lost my window seat.  Any views on which is better up or down in PE will be appreciated.  I am definitely going to try and get some kip on the way out as well as back.  No way I can play that 1500 plo on the 21st if I don't.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48154 on: May 03, 2017, 01:07:06 PM »

Didn't have Eurosport last year but agree beats BBCs stale commentary hands down .
Just so much more raw and to the point without telling us how great every player is every 5 minutes.
Seems like commentators speak more naturally allowing just enough of their personality to come through.
You missed out Neil Foulds, quality pointing out technical stuff when appropriate but also on the ball with the rest of it too.

I also wonder if Rob Walker got credit for Barry "The Hawk" Hawkins or my favourite Robert "The Milkman" Milkins !

Hi Rob,

Yup, Neil Foulds was pretty good, too. I thought the Eurosport coverage - Colin Murray excepted - was far superior to the BBC. In truth, not much between Colin Murray and Hazel Irvine, both of them do that non-stop eulogising.

Crucible is great, snooker is great, that shot was great, everything is great.

Same when the Masters Golf is on, everything single thing about it is great.

And we agree, it is great, for the most part, but we really don't need telling every 5 seconds, we do have the capacity to think for ourselves.

Matt Chapman on ITV Racing is another - watch horse racing here on ITV he keeps telling us. Why tell us to watch it on ITV? We have no farking choice.

Crucible is great, snooker is great, that shot was great, everything is great

You mean they were on message? 

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48155 on: May 03, 2017, 01:31:02 PM »

Hi tikay

Cheers
Rob

21-Jun   1500 plo WSOP   
23-Jun   1500plo8 WSOP   
25-Jun   3kplo?   550 NLH Wynn  (I am staying at the Wynn, and don't rate my plo high game enough to play the 3k.  May change if I have a big cash earlier).
27-Jun   Rio deepstack?   

As an aside, the virgin premium economy set up from gatwick seems to have changed, so you get a lot of toilet traffic from economy upstairs.  Have just switched to downstairs and lost my window seat.  Any views on which is better up or down in PE will be appreciated.  I am definitely going to try and get some kip on the way out as well as back.  No way I can play that 1500 plo on the 21st if I don't.

No prob - this should suit you down to the ground;

Tuesday 27th June, $570 PLO8/O8/Big O @ Golden Nugget

Upstairs in PE is MUCH better if you have a window seat, as you get a huge cupboard between your seat & the window to put all your bits & bobs in. 

Will stick that full schedule up later today, (& reply to Tom & carl) got some stuff to sort first.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48156 on: May 03, 2017, 01:59:06 PM »

Hi tikay

Cheers
Rob

21-Jun   1500 plo WSOP   
23-Jun   1500plo8 WSOP   
27-Jun   Rio deepstack?   

No prob - this should suit you down to the ground;

Upstairs in PE is MUCH better if you have a window seat, as you get a huge cupboard between your seat & the window to put all your bits & bobs in. 

Will stick that full schedule up later today, (& reply to Tom & carl) got some stuff to sort first.

Switched back now.  Guess they have me marked down as pretty fickle right now.

I just noticed they are still offering miles for a pound each.  That is a pretty terrible offering now they have degraded the value of them so much.   

I note the Golden Nugget has a 250 plo8 the day before too.  I guess it is about time I made it down there.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #48157 on: May 03, 2017, 02:03:56 PM »

A quick aside from my rehab session yesterday.

I'm like Teachers Pet in that, I'm top of the class & doing really well.

Anyway, I was on a sort of exercise bike thing yesterday. It had all sorts of LED readouts, including "Calories Burned" or somesuch.

I was cycling as fast as my little legs could go, AND on maximum elevation. (You can set the machine to simulate cycling uphill).

I did that for 2 minutes, abso max energy, as fast & hard as I could manage, & the chuffing "calories burned" thing said I had burned......9 (NINE) cals.

Now, there are around 450 calories in a decent iced Belgian bun or iced lemon slice.

So, If I cycle flat out uphill for (50 x 2) = 100 minutes I'll burn 450 calories & can have a sticky bun.

Pretty ridic really. Be worth it though.

That's given you a pretty good insight into the phrase 'you can't outrun a bad diet'
Will be more than that though as you get the afterburn effect from exercise where you keeps burning extra calories
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48158 on: May 03, 2017, 03:50:25 PM »

I just noticed they are still offering miles for a pound each.  That is a pretty terrible offering now they have degraded the value of them so much.   

I note the Golden Nugget has a 250 plo8 the day before too.  I guess it is about time I made it down there.

3 days on the spin there are 08 comps at the Nugget. You might as well get a room Cheesy

25th - $250 PLO8
26th - $250 Big-O
27th - $570 PLO8/O8 Mix

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #48159 on: May 03, 2017, 03:58:48 PM »

Hi tikay

Cheers
Rob

21-Jun   1500 plo WSOP   
23-Jun   1500plo8 WSOP   
27-Jun   Rio deepstack?   

I always book PE economy downstairs now because you usually get off the Plane first, which means less queuing in customs, which means less queuing in money to declare room
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48160 on: May 03, 2017, 04:06:19 PM »

3 days on the spin there are 08 comps at the Nugget. You might as well get a room Cheesy

25th - $250 PLO8
26th - $250 Big-O
27th - $570 PLO8/O8 Mix

Ha, didn't notice that.  Maybe go day 1 and see how I like the place.  Think I should play at least one tournament at the Wynn though.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48161 on: May 03, 2017, 04:07:18 PM »

Hi tikay

Cheers
Rob

21-Jun   1500 plo WSOP   
23-Jun   1500plo8 WSOP   
27-Jun   Rio deepstack?   

I always book PE economy downstairs now because you usually get off the Plane first, which means less queuing in customs, which means less queuing in money to declare room

I can't change 3 times in 24 hours.  Dithering on a tikay scale right now.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #48162 on: May 03, 2017, 04:08:57 PM »

Hi tikay

Cheers
Rob

21-Jun   1500 plo WSOP   
23-Jun   1500plo8 WSOP   
27-Jun   Rio deepstack?   

Like it, made me laugh, good luck
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48163 on: May 03, 2017, 04:46:58 PM »

Hi tikay

Cheers
Rob

21-Jun   1500 plo WSOP   
23-Jun   1500plo8 WSOP   
27-Jun   Rio deepstack?   

Ha, that's dithering of the highest quality, believe me.

Anyway, a full schedule of all the O8, PLO8, PLO & Big O stuff will follow shortly for guys like you, Markycrash & animalpoker.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48164 on: May 03, 2017, 04:49:39 PM »

Here you go - we could, if we so desired & had the wherewithal, play something every day for 6 weeks. Probably the best Vegas schedule I've seen in many a year.

Tuesday 30th May $250 O8 Golden Nugget

Tuesday 30th May $250 O8 Planet Hollywood

Wednesday 31st May, $400 08 Venetian

Wednesday 31st May $1,100 PLO Planet Hollywood

Thursday 1st June, $1,500 O8, WSOP

Friday 2nd June, $250 O8, Planet Hollywood

Friday 2nd June $600 O8 (Day 1a) Venetian

Saturday 3rd June, $600 O8 (Day 1b) Venetian)

Sunday 4th June $10,000 O8, WSOP

Monday 5th June, $250 PLO8/O8/Big O, Golden Nugget

Tuesday 6th June, $365 O8, Binions

Wednesday 7th June, $400 PLO @ Wynn

Thursday 8th June, $465 PLO @ Aria

Thursday 8th June $365 PLO8 @ Binions

Friday 9th June, $565 PLO, WSOP

Friday 9th June, $250 O8, Planet Hollywood

Saturday 10th June, $400 PLO Day 1a, Planet Hollywood

Sunday 11th June, $400 PLO, Day 1b, Planet Hollywood

Sunday 11th June, $600 PLO8, Venetian

Sunday 11th June, $250 PLO8 Golden Nugget

Monday 12th June, $465 PLO @ Aria

Tuesday 13th June, $600 Big O @ Venetian

Tuesday 13th June, $1,000 PLO @ WSOP

Thursday 15th June, $600 PLO Bounty, Venetian

Thursday 15th June, $585 PLO Day 1a, Binions

Friday 16th June, $585 PLO, Day 1b, Binions

Friday 16th June, $1,500 PLO8/O8/Big O @ WSOP

Saturday 17th June, $365 PLO @ Binions

Sunday 18th June, $360 O8 @ Golden Nugget

Sunday 18th June, $600 PLO/PLO8 Day 1a @ Planet Hollywood

Monday 19th June, $600 PLO/PLO8 Day 1b @ Planet Hollywood

Monday 19th June, $600 PLO @ Venetian

Wednesday 21st June, $1,500 PLO @ WSOP

Thursday 22nd June, $300 PLO/PLO8 @ Planet Hollywood

Thursday 22nd June, $465 PLO8 @ Aria

Friday 23rd June, $1,500 PLO8 @ WSOP

Saturday 24th June, $1,000 PLO8 @ Venetian

Sunday 25th June, $3,000 PLO 6 Max, WSOP

Sunday 25th June, $250 PLO8 @ Golden Nugget

Monday 26th June, $10,000 PLO8 @ WSOP

Monday 26th June, $250 Big O @ Golden Nugget

Wednesday 28th June, $10,000 8-Max PLO @ WSOP

Friday 30th June, $365 PLO @ Binions

Friday 30th June, $1,100 PLO8 Day 1a @ Venetian

Saturday 1st July, $1,100 PLO8 Day 1b @ Venetian

Monday 3rd July, $475 O8 @ Binions

Wednesday 5th July, $25,000 8-Max PLO @ WSOP

Wednesday 5th July, $400 Big O @ Planet Hollywood

Wednesday 5th July, $1,100 PLO/PLO8/Big O @ Venetian

Thursday 6th July, $5,000 PLO @ Planet Hollywood

Monday 10th July, $400 PLO Bounty @ Venetian

Pages: 1 ... 3207 3208 3209 3210 [3211] 3212 3213 3214 3215 ... 3776 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: