blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:48:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3209 3210 3211 3212 [3213] 3214 3215 3216 3217 ... 3776 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6285521 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48180 on: May 04, 2017, 05:14:23 PM »

I'd have mine in black I think.

I'm drooling just looking at these photos.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48181 on: May 04, 2017, 05:24:53 PM »

It was announced today that The Duke of Edinburgh would not accept any more public engagements or invitations, (with a few exceptions) after this Autumn.

He's an easy target for the knockers, & on occasion does not help himself, but to be fair, he has one of THE worst jobs you can ever imagine. Numerous public engagements every day, often only there as an accessory to Her Maj, & whenever he speaks reporters look for a chance to ridicule him. No hiding place in that gig, & you or I would not do it for any amount of money.

I read somewhere that he is Patron, President or Chairman of nearly 800 Charities & fine organisations.

And what youngster would not aspire to a Duke of Edinburgh Award?

God Bless the old boy, & I hope he goes on to make the century. (He is 95 not out at the mo).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48182 on: May 04, 2017, 05:33:22 PM »

Just going back to that teardrop Talbot-Lago, here's 2 typical Talbot-Lago dashboards.

Ooooooh.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48183 on: May 04, 2017, 06:00:02 PM »

Won't be rushing to see if I can get my hands on one of those.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48184 on: May 04, 2017, 06:47:55 PM »

A quick aside from my rehab session yesterday.

I'm like Teachers Pet in that, I'm top of the class & doing really well.

Anyway, I was on a sort of exercise bike thing yesterday. It had all sorts of LED readouts, including "Calories Burned" or somesuch.

I was cycling as fast as my little legs could go, AND on maximum elevation. (You can set the machine to simulate cycling uphill).

I did that for 2 minutes, abso max energy, as fast & hard as I could manage, & the chuffing "calories burned" thing said I had burned......9 (NINE) cals.

Now, there are around 450 calories in a decent iced Belgian bun or iced lemon slice.

So, If I cycle flat out uphill for (50 x 2) = 100 minutes I'll burn 450 calories & can have a sticky bun.

Pretty ridic really. Be worth it though.

That's given you a pretty good insight into the phrase 'you can't outrun a bad diet'
Will be more than that though as you get the afterburn effect from exercise where you keeps burning extra calories

Well I had never heard that expression previously, but yeah, it make sense I guess.

What is this "afterburn" thing? I'm actually getting a bonus & burning some calories for free?

Be great if there was some sort of reasonable set off.

Walk a mile each day - you are allowed to smoke 1 ciggie or eat 1 sticky bun.

Walk 3 miles each day & you get 2 ciggies, 2 sticky buns and a banana split.

Be nice to an old lady, 10 Woodbines.

How good would that be?

I'm just back from my 2nd walk of the day - 4 miles in total today, & 28 miles in the last 7 days,  - & I'm still a plump percy, still can't have a ciggie or a sticky bun. Seems unfair somehow.  

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:03:08 PM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48185 on: May 04, 2017, 07:02:48 PM »

Anyway, I was on a sort of exercise bike thing yesterday. It had all sorts of LED readouts, including "Calories Burned" or somesuch.

I was cycling as fast as my little legs could go, AND on maximum elevation. (You can set the machine to simulate cycling uphill).

I did that for 2 minutes, abso max energy, as fast & hard as I could manage, & the chuffing "calories burned" thing said I had burned......9 (NINE) cals.

Now, there are around 450 calories in a decent iced Belgian bun or iced lemon slice.

So, If I cycle flat out uphill for (50 x 2) = 100 minutes I'll burn 450 calories & can have a sticky bun.

That's given you a pretty good insight into the phrase 'you can't outrun a bad diet'
Will be more than that though as you get the afterburn effect from exercise where you keeps burning extra calories

Well I had never heard that expression previously, but yeah, it make sense I guess.

What is this "afterburn" thing? I'm actually getting a bonus & burning some calories for free?

How good would that be?

I'm just back from my 2nd walk of the day - 4 miles in total today, & 28 miles in the last 7 days,  - & I'm still a plump percy. Seems unfair somehow.   

There is. Walk a mile each day, get to live a longer, healthier life.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48186 on: May 04, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »

How good would that be?

I'm just back from my 2nd walk of the day - 4 miles in total today, & 28 miles in the last 7 days,  - & I'm still a plump percy. Seems unfair somehow.   

There is. Walk a mile each day, get to live a longer, healthier life.

Be nice to be able to mix n match though.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48187 on: May 04, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »

How are you coping fagless Tone, are you winning yet?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48188 on: May 04, 2017, 09:02:59 PM »

Not really Tom, 0-0 so far I guess.

Not had one in 50 odd days now, but I still have that urge to smoke almost every day, especially after meals & at times like that.

I used to smoke most when playing online poker every night, so that's why I have not played any poker since the HA. 

The mental battle is far from won yet - I still think I should be able to have the odd one, but of course that's silly, 1 leads to 2, 2 leads to 3 or 4, & that's that, game over.

I'd be smoking again now if it were not for Gill. She'd not be annoyed, or fall out with me, or get cross or anything - she'd just be very upset & sad. And she has been immensely supportive every minute since it happened, I can't begin to tell you how supportive she has been.

So the bottom line is I'm not cured of smoking yet, no, but I'm just about managing to get by without yielding or giving in.

It's the danger period now, too, the point when we think "yup, I've beaten it".

I still have plenty of ciggies & a lighter in the house, I sort of spite stare at them - I refuse to give in to you bastards sorta thing. Daft really, but it's how my mind works.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48189 on: May 04, 2017, 09:32:08 PM »

Not had one in 50 odd days now, but I still have that urge to smoke almost every day, especially after meals & at times like that.

I used to smoke most when playing online poker every night, so that's why I have not played any poker since the

The mental battle is far from won yet - I still think I should be able to have the odd one, but of course that's silly, 1 leads to 2, 2 leads to 3 or 4, & that's that, game over.

I'd be smoking again now if it were not for Gill. She'd not be annoyed, or fall out with me, or get cross or anything - she'd just be very upset & sad. And she has been immensely supportive every minute since it happened, I can't begin to tell you how supportive she has been.

So the bottom line is I'm not cured of smoking yet, no, but I'm just about managing to get by without yielding or giving in.

I still have plenty of ciggies & a lighter in the house, I sort of spite stare at them - I refuse to give in to you bastards sorta thing. Daft really, but it's how my mind works.

I tried so many times to stop smoking and failed. Then I woke up one morning knowing beyond doubt that if I didn't stop I wouldn't see my youngest grow up.

I haven't had a cigarette this century and eventually I did stop missing them.

Hang in there.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48190 on: May 04, 2017, 09:38:41 PM »

I used to smoke most when playing online poker every night, so that's why I have not played any poker since the

I tried so many times to stop smoking and failed. Then I woke up one morning knowing beyond doubt that if I didn't stop I wouldn't see my youngest grow up.

Hang in there.

Not had one this century?

Crikey, you must have used that "dummy" a good few years then, I seem to recall you were still using that after 2008.

We were sharing a room once in Southend, or Blackpool, or somewhere equally dire, and you lost your dummy, there was hell to pay. Eventually you found it in your rolled up sock. You put it straight in your mouth and immediately all was well.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48191 on: May 04, 2017, 09:43:17 PM »

Hang in there.

This.  The urge will go in the end.  Lasted years rather than months for me.  Even now, I will just catch a whiff, and think smells nice, but the urge is easy to resist now.  Bin all the cigarettes.  Leaving them in the house is just daft. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48192 on: May 04, 2017, 09:49:46 PM »

Hang in there.

Crikey, you must have used that "dummy" a good few years then, I seem to recall you were still using that after 2008.

We were sharing a room once in Southend, or Blackpool, or somewhere equally dire, and you lost your dummy, there was hell to pay. Eventually you found it in your rolled up sock. You put it straight in your mouth and immediately all was well.

I spit the dummy out in about  03/04. (We go back a long way)

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48193 on: May 04, 2017, 09:51:32 PM »

Hang in there.

No way, it was several years after that.

Ask Mrs Red, she'll tell you.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48194 on: May 04, 2017, 09:56:01 PM »

Hang in there.

No way, it was several years after that.

Ask Mrs Red, she'll tell you.

Might have been 05?

Pages: 1 ... 3209 3210 3211 3212 [3213] 3214 3215 3216 3217 ... 3776 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: