blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:11:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3211 3212 3213 3214 [3215] 3216 3217 3218 3219 ... 3776 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6285093 times)
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48210 on: May 05, 2017, 10:22:27 AM »

Also, I never got any free inhalers. When did they start giving em away Dave?

I gave up 2008, so it must've been a bit before then.

Think I first came south to play the 3rd bash in late 2006...never seen Red smoking surprised to hear he once did.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48211 on: May 05, 2017, 10:37:20 AM »

Think I first came south to play the 3rd bash in late 2006...never seen Red smoking surprised to hear he once did.

What is Mole doing these days James?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48212 on: May 05, 2017, 10:38:16 AM »

FWIW, I've never seen him smoking either. Seen him with his dummy more times than enough though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #48213 on: May 05, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »

There you go Vinny - remember that trip?

Name the location.

2011? Jeez, where does the time go. Pizzled had hair back then too. Amazing scenes. Only just thrown that Posh shirt out.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48214 on: May 05, 2017, 12:59:06 PM »

What is Mole doing these days James?

He has been living in Thailand for about the last year or so. He is currently back in the UK but just for a short time I think to sort some stuff out and intends to go back. I think that is where he sees as home now, kids all grown up doing there own thing and he split from his wife a few years ago so nothing really keeping him here and seems to really love it over there. He did have a bit of a fright as he completely lost his sight for a period as you know it was always bad but something popped and its was complete darkness for a while before they could operate however it seems to be ok (well back to about what it was) now. Probably living quite a comparably healthy life over there which will be good for it.

Selfishly i've lost a great travelling companion but chuffed he is happy as he was very down for a while post break up.

Yeah never recalled Red with any fake cigs either but hey i'm getting on.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48215 on: May 05, 2017, 03:06:17 PM »

Hi tikay
Glad to hear you are recovering well and we will still battle at the plo/plo8 tables again this year.

I've just booked 15th for 10 nights.

Spoilt for choice this year, literally could play a tournament every day if I'm in the mood.

Cheers
Rob

Kept meaning to reply to this.

Yes, I'm in good nick now & can't wait. I go on June 2nd.

Agree there is a great choice of 4 & 5 card games this year - will stick a schedule up shortly.

The only regret really is that the WSOP have dumped the $3,000 PLO8, which was easily my favourite tournament of the trip each year, & in which I have cashed twice in three attempts.  

It's been replaced by a $10,000 version. I'm reasonably confident I could cash in that, too, but at $10k, it's a tad too rich for me. So I'll play a few satellites to it, or if I have a deece win in something else I'll play it, if not, I'll have to swerve it.

I'll post a full schedule of all PLO, PLO8 & Big O MTT's during in Vegas during the WSOP shortly, it may be of use to you, Markycrash or Mr Doobs.
Suddenly had the urge to burn money. Must be time for the  Annual Anteek Roadshow staking debacle adventure

WTF? We made a profit again last year. Outrageous slur to suggest otherwise.

My playing schedule is imminent, just having a final dither, so it should be up in a day or so. It deffo won't include any $10k events, that I do know. Total spend likely to be similar to the last 2 or 3 years.

It was all a bit up in the air after the health incident, & I had to be sure I'd be in good shape again before committing, but I decided late last week that I'd be fine. Gill will be with me the first 10 days or so, & we will do the Tourist thing, & our annual West Coast trip, Amtrak & all sorts, then it'll be poker time.

Can't wait, 30 more sleeps, or if we use the perambulation scale, 60 more 2 mile walks.
As a shift worker, I often get to follow the rippage updates live. Worth the stake alone. Looking forward to doing it all again this year.

Is my memory playing tricks or are you, or did you used to be, a London tube train driver?
Close. I maintain central line trains although part of my job involves shunting the trains around the depot.

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48216 on: May 05, 2017, 04:24:09 PM »

Hi tikay
Glad to hear you are recovering well and we will still battle at the plo/plo8 tables again this year.

I've just booked 15th for 10 nights.

Spoilt for choice this year, literally could play a tournament every day if I'm in the mood.

Cheers
Rob

Kept meaning to reply to this.

Yes, I'm in good nick now & can't wait. I go on June 2nd.

Agree there is a great choice of 4 & 5 card games this year - will stick a schedule up shortly.

The only regret really is that the WSOP have dumped the $3,000 PLO8, which was easily my favourite tournament of the trip each year, & in which I have cashed twice in three attempts.  

It's been replaced by a $10,000 version. I'm reasonably confident I could cash in that, too, but at $10k, it's a tad too rich for me. So I'll play a few satellites to it, or if I have a deece win in something else I'll play it, if not, I'll have to swerve it.

I'll post a full schedule of all PLO, PLO8 & Big O MTT's during in Vegas during the WSOP shortly, it may be of use to you, Markycrash or Mr Doobs.
Suddenly had the urge to burn money. Must be time for the  Annual Anteek Roadshow staking debacle adventure

WTF? We made a profit again last year. Outrageous slur to suggest otherwise.

My playing schedule is imminent, just having a final dither, so it should be up in a day or so. It deffo won't include any $10k events, that I do know. Total spend likely to be similar to the last 2 or 3 years.

It was all a bit up in the air after the health incident, & I had to be sure I'd be in good shape again before committing, but I decided late last week that I'd be fine. Gill will be with me the first 10 days or so, & we will do the Tourist thing, & our annual West Coast trip, Amtrak & all sorts, then it'll be poker time.

Can't wait, 30 more sleeps, or if we use the perambulation scale, 60 more 2 mile walks.
As a shift worker, I often get to follow the rippage updates live. Worth the stake alone. Looking forward to doing it all again this year.

Is my memory playing tricks or are you, or did you used to be, a London tube train driver?
Close. I maintain central line trains although part of my job involves shunting the trains around the depot.

Wow, lucky you.

Are you at West Ruislip, Hainault or White City?

I believe only the Waterloo & City Line use the same stock (1992), though they use those cute little 3 car sets (?) whilst you use proper grown up 8 car sets.  

There was or is a great little TV series on Ch 5 the last few weeks about the London Underground.

Here you go;

http://www.channel5.com/show/the-tube-going-underground/

Historically, the Central Line is easily my favourite London Tube line - been using it since 1954.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48217 on: May 05, 2017, 04:53:03 PM »

I also reluctantly packed up smoking and use e cigs instead
I had some breath strength test the other week
My chest is better than it was when I had a test in 2009
3years n no cigs this November
Still occasionally miss them though

Do you still get excited at the build up to going to Vegas ?
We do Denise is only on her 7 th time I'm on number 37 ,it still feels like Xmas eve as a child to me now
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48218 on: May 05, 2017, 04:56:30 PM »

Love this time of year, when Vegas is around the corner.

Bit of an interrupted preparation this year, so I'm a bit behind with planning etc, but this looks like my approx. playing schedule, plus or minus a few Tourneys.

Monday 5th June, $250 PLO8/O8/Big O, Golden Nugget

Thursday 8th June, $465 PLO @ Aria                       OR           $365 PLO8 @ Binions

Sunday 11th June, $600 PLO8, Venetian                  OR           $250 PLO8 Golden Nugget

Monday 12th June, $465 PLO @ Aria

Tuesday 13th June, $600 Big O @ Venetian             OR           $1,000 PLO @ WSOP

Friday 16th June, $1,500 PLO8/O8/Big O @ WSOP

Saturday 17th June, $365 PLO @ Binions

Sunday 18th June, $600 PLO/PLO8 Day 1a @ Planet Hollywood

Monday 19th June, $600 PLO @ Venetian

Wednesday 21st June, $1,500 PLO @ WSOP

Thursday 22nd June, $300 PLO/PLO8 @ Planet Hollywood                        OR                     $465 PLO8 @ Aria

Friday 23rd June, $1,500 PLO8 @ WSOP

Saturday 24th June, $1,000 PLO8 @ Venetian

Sunday 25th June, $250 PLO8 @ Golden Nugget

Monday 26th June, $250 Big O @ Golden Nugget
Tuesday 27th June, $570 PLO8/O8/Big O @ Golden Nugget

Friday 30th June, $365 PLO @ Binions 

Saturday 1st July, $1,100 PLO8 Day 1b @ Venetian

Monday 3rd July, $475 O8 @ Binions

Wednesday 5th July, $400 Big O @ Planet Hollywood                            OR              $1,100 PLO/PLO8/Big O @ Venetian

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48219 on: May 05, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »

I was leaving the Nugget for Vdara on the 3rd, but I'll hang about until the 5th, and bok you in that last comp Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48220 on: May 05, 2017, 05:00:48 PM »

I also reluctantly packed up smoking and use e cigs instead
I had some breath strength test the other week
My chest is better than it was when I had a test in 2009
3years n no cigs this November
Still occasionally miss them though

Do you still get excited at the build up to going to Vegas ?
We do Denise is only on her 7 th time I'm on number 37 ,it still feels like Xmas eve as a child to me now

Congrats on the smoking.

We should not really pat ourselves on the back for quitting something we should never have done in the first place I guess, but it is a move in the right direction.

Do I still get excited about going to Vegas?

Stupidly so, like a 5 year old looking forward to Xmas or going on holiday. It's an embarrassment how excited I get about it.

I diet, I save up, I count the sleeps, count the walks, check each day to see if today's flight left on time.

I head out exactly 4 weeks today actually, (10.15am flight), so it's peak excitement time here.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48221 on: May 05, 2017, 05:02:00 PM »

I was leaving the Nugget for Vdara on the 3rd, but I'll hang about until the 5th, and bok you in that last comp Wink

5th June, or 5th July?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48222 on: May 05, 2017, 05:04:24 PM »

5th June, or 5th July?

5th July. I'm booked in at Nugget from 18th-5th, but had to do 2 bookings, so I could get the extra few days on.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48223 on: May 05, 2017, 06:12:58 PM »

Love this time of year, when Vegas is around the corner.

Bit of an interrupted preparation this year, so I'm a bit behind with planning etc, but this looks like my approx. playing schedule, plus or minus a few Tourneys.

Monday 5th June, $250 PLO8/O8/Big O, Golden Nugget

Thursday 8th June, $465 PLO @ Aria                       OR           $365 PLO8 @ Binions

Sunday 11th June, $600 PLO8, Venetian                  OR           $250 PLO8 Golden Nugget

Monday 12th June, $465 PLO @ Aria

Tuesday 13th June, $600 Big O @ Venetian             OR           $1,000 PLO @ WSOP

Friday 16th June, $1,500 PLO8/O8/Big O @ WSOP

Saturday 17th June, $365 PLO @ Binions

Sunday 18th June, $600 PLO/PLO8 Day 1a @ Planet Hollywood

Monday 19th June, $600 PLO @ Venetian

Wednesday 21st June, $1,500 PLO @ WSOP

Thursday 22nd June, $300 PLO/PLO8 @ Planet Hollywood                        OR                     $465 PLO8 @ Aria

Friday 23rd June, $1,500 PLO8 @ WSOP

Saturday 24th June, $1,000 PLO8 @ Venetian

Sunday 25th June, $250 PLO8 @ Golden Nugget

Monday 26th June, $250 Big O @ Golden Nugget
Tuesday 27th June, $570 PLO8/O8/Big O @ Golden Nugget

Friday 30th June, $365 PLO @ Binions 

Saturday 1st July, $1,100 PLO8 Day 1b @ Venetian

Monday 3rd July, $475 O8 @ Binions

Wednesday 5th July, $400 Big O @ Planet Hollywood                            OR              $1,100 PLO/PLO8/Big O @ Venetian

Excellent.

Lots of bracelets this year.

1 %  Please.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #48224 on: May 05, 2017, 07:35:15 PM »

1% please Mr T.
Pages: 1 ... 3211 3212 3213 3214 [3215] 3216 3217 3218 3219 ... 3776 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: