blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3371 3372 3373 3374 [3375] 3376 3377 3378 3379 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296615 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #50610 on: October 17, 2017, 12:47:55 PM »

What a great achievement.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #50611 on: October 17, 2017, 01:31:36 PM »

Wow, don't think I could manage 4 lengths, never mind 100. Awesome effort Gill.

On a completely different subject, the past weekend was the annual KrackedKings bash. Despite their servers falling victim to the recent Wannacry virus/extortion, they are back up and running and 50+ forumites met up for a weekend of pool, poker and occasional alcoholic refreshments.

Apart from a 5 hour kip in the middle, I managed to completely overindulge and play poker non-stop from midnight Friday to 9am Sunday, 29 hours of Merlot-fuelled bliss^.  Now I'm sure back in your heyday that would have been considered a short session so I was wondering what your longest was, the game, the characters, the venue?

^(And then came back for the PLO DC game on Sunday afternoon :-) )
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50612 on: October 17, 2017, 02:45:21 PM »

As she came to "touch" for her 100th length, everyone cheered & clapped. It was incredibly emotional for me.

So she got her Medal, & I had sorted a little engraved trophy for her - I knew she would not fail.

Proper stubbornness and determination. What fool would back against it?

The older I get, the better I was.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #50613 on: October 17, 2017, 05:44:20 PM »

Well done Gill

Brilliant show of strength and character
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #50614 on: October 17, 2017, 05:59:49 PM »

What a superb achievement, well done that lady.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #50615 on: October 17, 2017, 06:37:55 PM »

What a superb achievement, well done that lady.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #50616 on: October 17, 2017, 06:56:57 PM »

Morning

Belated good morning to you, too, Doobs.

Fidget Spinners. I've been trying to find out from Dr Google how many of these have been sold worldwide, but its not easy. Can't even see who owns the Patent. One person took a Patent out back in the 90's, let it lapse 10 years later, only to be informed that someone else got there first. 

I'm very pleased they are so successful though - simply because I don't think it is a good thing for children to be so fixated & obsessed with computer games.  Even grown ups play computer games these days. All very odd, or it seems that way to me.

Do your girls have fidget spinners?

My two aren't that bothered with computer games.  They both love lego and the youngest will happily play for hours with various lego characters and buildings.  She'll also happily spend hours watching you tube if you let her.  Amazing what you can build with lego these days, especially when only 5.

They both have two fidget spinners, and have probably spent a good few hours playing and learning tricks with them.  I am pretty sure they aren't patented, hence you get a whole variety of them, with variable quality.

Strange to hear a representative of sky poker complaining about adults playing computer games!  I don't do much outside poker, but the eldest is always challenging me and gets proper grumpy when I beat her.  I don't think she realises quite how many hours I wasted on them in my youth.  I still get them walking by playing pokemon go too, though the eldest doesn't care much for it anymore.

Anyway great stuff with Gill and the swimming.  A 5k swim must take some doing.  Running it is hard enough.

You get exactly the same in parkrun.  I finish very close to the back, beaten by old ladies, primary school kids and the chronically obese.  Last time I think I was around 5 minutes behind the nearest male my age or younger.  There are always a bunch of people clapping me along and telling me how great I am doing.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50617 on: October 18, 2017, 05:49:24 PM »

I think BA have really gone down the toilet the last 2/3 years. Was recently up to Silver on their loyalty scheme but will generally try to avoid flying with them. Went to Vegas with AA this year and thought they were comfortably better than BA.

Ryanair have really fucked this situation up. But as long as they can weather the short term storm, they will probably be fine and most of this will be forgotten this time next year. I've flown with them more times than I care to remember, and other than a 10 hour delay from Manchester to Brussels last year (of which I got 250EUR compo without fuss), I've never really had any issues with them. I have 2 trips next month with them, and they have survived the cancellation cull, so I'm reasonably content to keep using them, because where else can I get a return to Nuremberg for £20? Pretty fickle I know Smiley

I see Monarch are really struggling, their future looks bleak. Thought they were one of the better LCCs so its a shame to see them potentially going under.

The next European Airline to go under?

Norwegian Air. (Nap).

Meanwhile, Flybe shares fell 20% today on a profit warning.

Don't think there's any cause for alarm though.

http://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/f/flybe-group-plc-ord-1p

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50618 on: October 21, 2017, 10:55:39 AM »

When I was about 10, or 12, my grandad Angell used to take me to Stamford Bridge, to watch Chelsea.

Jimmy Greaves had just begun his career, & he was, I suppose the first football hero I had who I had seen in the flesh. He scored 124 goals in 150 appearances as a teenager I think, then went off to Italy &, later, Spurs.

I followed his entire career, including his alcohol problems, & his wonderful TV career, including the best TV football talk show ever, "Saint & Greavsie". (Jimmy coined "funny old game" I believe).

In his day, he had the lot.

Then, yesterday, I saw this photo of Jimmy, meeting Harry Kane - a latter day Jimmy Greaves if ever I saw one - at Spurs training ground.

Pretty sad photo.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50619 on: October 21, 2017, 11:02:35 AM »

Sometimes you read a news item & think, "wtf, really?"

Yesterday, Robert Mugabe was appointed as the "World Health Organisation Goodwill Ambassador".

Blimey. A skinner for the bookies, that one.  

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:45:23 PM by tikay » Logged

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #50620 on: October 21, 2017, 12:34:54 PM »

Yesterday, Robert Mugabe was appointed as the "World Health Organisation Goodwill Ambassador".

Sometimes you read a post and think "wtf, really, what is the relevance between the post and the image?"   Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50621 on: October 21, 2017, 12:49:22 PM »

Sometimes you read a post and think "wtf, really, what is the relevance between the post and the image?"   Wink

Oh my, how did I do that?

Good spot, my toxophilite friend. (See, Tighty & Tal don't have a monopoly on long words, though they don't have to look them up, whereas I do).

I've edited it now & used the correct photo.

Notice that nobody else spotted my booboo. You must be the last surviving reader of this Diary.

Fair play to Mugabe, he's 93 years old & still wearing cool jackets. It's even got a photo of him on it. Wish I could carry off a jacket like that. Minus the photo, obv.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:51:53 PM by tikay » Logged

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50622 on: October 21, 2017, 12:56:45 PM »

Really sad photo of Greavsie.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #50623 on: October 21, 2017, 01:04:59 PM »

Notice that nobody else spotted my booboo. You must be the last surviving reader of this Diary.

I wouldn't be sure about that.  (On both counts)

Idi Amin was cut from similar cloth so presumably was also in your "wtf African Leaders" pictures folder.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50624 on: October 21, 2017, 01:06:45 PM »

I wouldn't be sure about that.  (On both counts)

Idi Amin was cut from similar cloth so presumably was also in your "wtf African Leaders" pictures folder.

Yes yes, of course, that was my thought process, clearly.

Nicely done 2XUp.

Pages: 1 ... 3371 3372 3373 3374 [3375] 3376 3377 3378 3379 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: