blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:01:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3374 3375 3376 3377 [3378] 3379 3380 3381 3382 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332182 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50655 on: October 25, 2017, 12:02:23 PM »

So there I was, surfing Wiki, & I came across a Wiki page entitled Bollea v Gawker.

And guess who Terry Gene Bollea is?

Yup, Hulk Hogan.

And Gawker? That's a website.

And Garker published a "sex tape" showing Bollea - that's Hulk Hogan to you & me - in "intimate scenes".

So Hulk - sorry, Bollea - sued Gawker.

Guess how much he was awarded?

$155 million.

After some toing & froing, that was reduced to a still incredible $30 milly. And Gawker went busto.

All of which may have you yawning. I jut love discovering this sort of stuff.

There is a pretty good (but very one sided) documentary on this at the moment.

Click to see full-size image.

It makes a very strong case for free speech in journalism, but completely white washes over some of the horrific things Gawker did, especially this case. They also desperately try and shoehorn 'Trump is bad' in there too.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50656 on: October 25, 2017, 12:04:46 PM »

I came across a news article about a poor chap who became mentally unbalanced, & ended up eating shed loads of.......cigarette butts.

Really?

This then led me to the medical name for his illness - Pica. (Which, oddly, comes from the Latin for magpie).

Ever heard of Pica?

Here you go;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)

And then we discover it's quite widespread, so much so that there are names for the Pica variants.

Pica is the consumption of substances with no significant nutritional value such as soil, soap or ice.[4] Subtypes are characterized by the substance eaten:[7]

Acuphagia (sharp objects)
Amylophagia (starch)
Cautopyreiophagia (burnt matches)
Coniophagia (dust)
Coprophagia (feces)
Emetophagia (vomit)
Geomelophagia (raw potatoes)
Geophagia (dirt, soil, clay)
Hyalophagia (glass)[8]
Lithophagia (stones)[9]
Mucophagia (mucus)
Pagophagia (ice)
Plumbophagia (lead)
Trichophagia (hair, wool, and other fibers)
Urophagia (urine)
Hematophagia (Vampirism) (blood)
Xylophagia (wood, or derivates of wood such as paper)

Now I'm certainly not making light of this, & it's not in any way intended to be funny, but sheesh, these things utterly fascinate. Well they fascinate me, anyway.

Kids today are blessed to have such a learning tool as the internet, Wiki, google etc. It sure beats trawling through Encyclopaedia Britannica. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50657 on: October 25, 2017, 12:05:34 PM »

Finally, before we turn away from BBC Four, last night saw the last of a 10 episode serial about the Vietnam War.

It was the best war documentary I've ever seen.

It's a sobering thought that such a senseless war cost so many lives.

Even if we conveniently ignore the 3 million North & South Vietnamese military & civilian deaths, 58,000 American soldiers died in that war. For context, 3,000 or so died in 9/11.

The 10 part series ended with some material about the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington. Sobering stuff.

I'm reading this at the moment:

If you want to talk about senseless loss of life, wow this is right up their. The author is nothing short of a genius hero, a tough but fascinating read.

I've been trying to balance it out with this

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50658 on: October 25, 2017, 12:08:51 PM »

So there I was, surfing Wiki, & I came across a Wiki page entitled Bollea v Gawker.

And guess who Terry Gene Bollea is?

Yup, Hulk Hogan.

And Gawker? That's a website.

And Garker published a "sex tape" showing Bollea - that's Hulk Hogan to you & me - in "intimate scenes".

So Hulk - sorry, Bollea - sued Gawker.

Guess how much he was awarded?

$155 million.

After some toing & froing, that was reduced to a still incredible $30 milly. And Gawker went busto.

All of which may have you yawning. I jut love discovering this sort of stuff.

There is a pretty good (but very one sided) documentary on this at the moment.

It makes a very strong case for free speech in journalism, but completely white washes over some of the horrific things Gawker did, especially this case. They also desperately try and shoehorn 'Trump is bad' in there too.

Great stuff Barry, & yes, after I delved further I came to realise how toxic Gawker was.

It's so wrong that sites can put stuff out there & not be accountable. We see it all day every day on Twitter, of course. Would love it if some of these idiots got their arse sued.

I see it all the time on the Forum Next Door, too. "Sky Poker (or insert any online poker site) is rigged". Or go to 2+2 & see all sorts of unfounded allegations. If there were any justice in this world, they would all get their arses sued. It's all one way traffic at the moment, & the pendulum has swung too far.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:25:55 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50659 on: October 25, 2017, 12:10:13 PM »

Finally, before we turn away from BBC Four, last night saw the last of a 10 episode serial about the Vietnam War.

It was the best war documentary I've ever seen.

It's a sobering thought that such a senseless war cost so many lives.

Even if we conveniently ignore the 3 million North & South Vietnamese military & civilian deaths, 58,000 American soldiers died in that war. For context, 3,000 or so died in 9/11.

The 10 part series ended with some material about the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington. Sobering stuff.

I'm reading this at the moment:

If you want to talk about senseless loss of life, wow this is right up their. The author is nothing short of a genius hero, a tough but fascinating read.

I've been trying to balance it out with this

Thanks Barry.

I'll read that Gulag one, but I'm not sure, even though I adore balance, I could manage Paul O'Grady without throwing up.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50660 on: October 25, 2017, 12:17:52 PM »

I'm reading this right now.

It's a Diary, much of it above me - arty bollox, & descriptions of the interiors of churches - interspersed with deliciously funny day to day incidents from his life.

Some of it is so far above me I have to speed-read it, but I have to be careful not to miss any entries, as every now & then there's a real understated purler.

He was enduring a prostate examination one day - yes, you know where this is going, & he wrote;

Once examining (as he was often called to do) my back passage he said "No, I can't find anything that concerns me here, but..." - his finger all the while up my bum - "it's always nice to see you" .

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50661 on: October 26, 2017, 11:02:41 AM »

The ravages of time. Think these 2 photos are over 40 years apart.

What tales they could both tell, too. Pretty sure both of them had bikes.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #50662 on: October 26, 2017, 11:38:16 AM »

1. Isn’t Mr Bennett partial to a bit of finger up the bum?
2. Keef appears to be putting on some weight, and losing the skeletal look. Against all odds, he’ll outlast all his contemporaries
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50663 on: October 26, 2017, 07:28:59 PM »

That's the way to do it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-shropshire-41766472/cctv-footage-shows-the-moment-aldi-shopper-targeted-by-thief

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #50664 on: October 26, 2017, 07:36:21 PM »

God this makes my blood boil.

Good pictures of both, so hopefully these lowlife wont be doing it much longer.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50665 on: October 26, 2017, 07:36:44 PM »

Sigh...

Was hoping for a karma moment.

The older I get, the better I was.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #50666 on: October 26, 2017, 07:41:17 PM »

Crowd funding page set up for her, aiming for £200 has £1,787 already.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50667 on: October 26, 2017, 07:58:38 PM »

Ditto.

I can't begin to imagine how these people think.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50668 on: October 26, 2017, 07:59:16 PM »

If only.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #50669 on: October 27, 2017, 06:49:13 AM »

I'm going to make a bold statement that will have certain members up in arms, but I suggest he won't be English by birth.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 3374 3375 3376 3377 [3378] 3379 3380 3381 3382 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: