blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:43:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3542 3543 3544 3545 [3546] 3547 3548 3549 3550 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6326989 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #53175 on: October 12, 2018, 10:14:55 AM »

Taken into Custardy.

Nice  Cheesy

I know part of this story is the numbers not adding up, but I still don't get it.

Even if the finance guy has nicked £20m, the main trading company still has £40m on the balance sheet.
Why are they struggling to pay £1m to HMRC who would happily take the £1m over 12 months?
They turn over £2m a week! Thats a lot of cream cakes! And net over £1m a month!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53176 on: October 12, 2018, 10:24:06 AM »

We shall gloss over Tighty's custardy, but this is just extraordinary.

Very unusual for an arrest to be made so early. Very unusual for so much cash to disappear so quickly, such that a £1m bill cannot be met when they were supposed to have £30 milly of ready cash. And The Board never knew that HMRC had issued a winding-up order.

The whole thing is beyond belief.

Great story in the making, sort of Nick Leeson style, & I'm loving it, but of course, thoughts with the staff who may lose their jobs.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53177 on: October 12, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »

Patisserie Valerie says finance chief arrested

Taken into Custardy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45833597

What happened to the dough?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53178 on: October 12, 2018, 10:56:01 AM »

It's not a trifling amount.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #53179 on: October 12, 2018, 10:56:39 AM »

Patisserie Valerie says finance chief arrested

Taken into Custardy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45833597

What happened to the dough?

I bet he cannot believe it's all scone.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53180 on: October 12, 2018, 10:58:33 AM »

He must be a crepe accountant.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #53181 on: October 12, 2018, 03:48:09 PM »

They turnover £2m a week!

fixed
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #53182 on: October 12, 2018, 03:50:52 PM »

Good answers, & correct.

When Pommy was in that Dublin EPT thing - & if I recall correctly, the final of which was held in a Library or Museum (truly) - Dave Shallow & a bunch of fellow degens jumped on a plane to Dublin, hired a big limo, & they all went out on the piss, big time. Quite a night, I was told.    

Not sure who Pommy works for now. Last time I saw him - must have been 6 or 8 years ago - he was working for BlackBelt Poker, aka Mr Channing. I went across to their Office, Snoopy was there too, plus a very pretty young lady who later turned out to be handy at poker. Can't remember where the office was, maybe Hampstead, Highgate, somewhere up that way.

Quite a nice office it was, too, presumably paid for out of the enormous profits Ambo made from BlackBelt. In theory.

That Dave Shallow story sounds familiar, I have a vague memory that Dave Pomroy had to finish 6th to break even.   Sure he was DPommo, not Pommy, but could be wrong.

Unibet is the answer, 888 did feel wrong.

Is there some Skypoker event going on that I can't attend at the weekend?

Yes, DPommo rings a bell. He was THE man in UK online nosebleed cash game stakes at the time. And yes, he had to finish 6th to get ahead.

Sky Poker event this weekend - yes, we head up to the sunny climes of Glasgow for an SPT. £50,000 Guarantee, so not exactly a Party Poker Millions affair. Let's call it a niche product.

I head out of Euston at about 7am on Friday, so train & railway photos incoming.

Great tourneys, and we both thoroughly enjoyed the one at Brighton.

Keep your trains, I'm heading out of Southampton at 17:30, and probably won't arrive too far behind you Wink

might pop down and say hello
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #53183 on: October 12, 2018, 04:35:31 PM »

Cheesy

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #53184 on: October 12, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »

There is another business drama unfurling within the Beauty Industry. From Elle magazine:

Forget the Kardashians—are you keeping up with Deciem? Over the first three months of 2018, the Toronto-based, self-proclaimed "abnormal beauty company" captivated the beauty industry with its series of unpredictable events: messy public firings; Instagram mayhem including photos of garbage dumps, dead sheep, and fights with followers; and alarming accounts of an abusive work environment.

At the helm of the drama is Brandon Truaxe, Deciem's founder and acting CEO (he stripped the official title from himself to be called "worker"—more on that later). In January, he took it upon himself to singlehandedly manage the company's social media account in the name of transparency. What resulted was confusion.

For the record, the company is wildly successful. Though it was founded in 2013, over the last year it catapulted to popularity across social media and aggressively expanded store opening plans to Melbourne, Sydney, Seoul, the UK, and the US. It is projected to earn $300 million in sales in 2018 and, last summer, Estée Lauder made a minority investment (it owns 28 percent). You likely recognize Deciem's most popular line, The Ordinary, which has won over skincare enthusiasts with its no-frills, active ingredients-focused, freakishly affordable line of products. It's so loved that when it launched a foundation in 2017, it earned a 25,000-person waitlist.

Now, fans of the brand have started questioning whether or not the company will still thrive amidst recent happenings. Whether it's your first time hearing about Deciem or you've been following it but feel tangled in all the layers, buckle up. We're breaking down what happened piece by piece, ahead.

This one is interesting reading and as one of their customers - I love some of their revolutionary products which have caused a quite a stir within the industry, it's been mind boggling and it's set to run a while longer. Customers have been stocking up for a while now fearing a product shortage.

https://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/g19723451/timeline-deciem-brandon-truaxe-drama/

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53185 on: October 14, 2018, 02:24:19 PM »

Isn't this just perfectly lovely?

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53186 on: October 14, 2018, 03:30:30 PM »

The Patisserie Valerie cake shop story just gets better & better.

The board of Patisserie Valerie discovered the existence of two "secret" company bank overdrafts this week, according to boss Luke Johnson.

The entrepreneur told the Sunday Times that £9.7m had been spent in two overdrafts set up with HSBC and Barclays.

Mr Johnson said neither he, the board, nor the auditors had known that the firm had bank overdraft facilities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45854817

Nice cakes though.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53187 on: October 14, 2018, 03:40:14 PM »

The board of Patisserie Valerie discovered the existence of two "secret" company bank overdrafts this week, according to boss Luke Johnson.

The entrepreneur told the Sunday Times that £9.7m had been spent in two overdrafts set up with HSBC and Barclays.

Mr Johnson said neither he, the board, nor the auditors had known that the firm had bank overdraft facilities.

Nice cakes though.

Perhaps it is possible to have it and eat it after all.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53188 on: October 14, 2018, 03:58:29 PM »

Whilst everyone is prattling on about Brexit, POTUS & film shite, I'm debating a serious matter here, the demise of a proper cake shop, & all folks wanna do is come up with puns.

It's outrageous really.

And another thing, not one comment about that oh-so-beautiful Scammell.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #53189 on: October 14, 2018, 04:36:29 PM »

Nice cakes though.

I pass a PV on the way to work. They've been advertising for staff and ''management opportunities''.

Can't imagine they've been inundated with applications recently.

It's a funky story to rail, though naturally I hope all works out ok for the staff.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 3542 3543 3544 3545 [3546] 3547 3548 3549 3550 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: