blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:17:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3538 3539 3540 3541 [3542] 3543 3544 3545 3546 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6319933 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #53115 on: October 05, 2018, 08:16:43 AM »

Meanwhile, huge sighs of relief yesterday that Zoe Ball got the Radio 2 Breakfast Show gig to replace the shortly-to-depart Chris.

It's not that I'm a huge Zoe fan, though I do quite like her, or that I care who got the job, more the fact that Sara Cox, widely touted to get the job, is just so unbearably banal. Nice lady, but more suited to Listen with Mother or Radio Peterborough.

I do rather like Zoe because she was the other half of Norman Cook for so very long. What a career Norman has had, he's come a long way baby. He (reportedly) owns 12% of Brighton FC, though I've never seen him in the Directors Box alongside Mr Bloom. He must be well minted.

Zoe was a bit of a tearaway when she first joined the BBC, but, with age, she seems to have pleasantly mellowed. It's good to mellow.

How can you not love this photo, from her enfant terrible days?

Click to see full-size image.

We usually like to spend a week in Hove (bit of civilisation for us residents of South Yorkshire) and have a regular walk towards Shoreham on the front to where Norman Cook lives in those white millionaire row houses that open on to their private beach.

My wife and daughter are rather in awe of celebrities for some strange reason and always hope to run into Fatboy Slim, Zoe, David Walliams or Adele who all own one of them.  I believe Paul McCartney lived there too with that horrible women he married about 10-15 years ago. Locals tell me they used to see him riding on the front on his bike.

Norman Cook owns the lagoon cafe just behind the promenade and that is always very busy. He and Zoe must have some proper coin because when they split, she bought one of those houses on the row. Must have been quite a few million. I believe she has moved away from there now so my wife tells me.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 08:20:18 AM by RickBFA » Logged
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #53116 on: October 05, 2018, 09:11:16 AM »

I rarely watch films either but still listen every week on the pod very calming

On a different subject check this out if you get time

We've decided to make this SC World Service show free-to-air for all. It's @RichieSadlier's the Player's Chair with @brian_lenihan12. Please RT if you think it's worth a listen ❤️

https://t.co/Wu0jY7ZtjG

Not your usual footballer or now ex footballer podcast. Retired in early twenties due to mental illness

Very frank very open and a very intelligent man, he ended up having ECT therapy after trying medication e.t.c

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53117 on: October 05, 2018, 09:59:38 AM »

Meanwhile, huge sighs of relief yesterday that Zoe Ball got the Radio 2 Breakfast Show gig to replace the shortly-to-depart Chris.

It's not that I'm a huge Zoe fan, though I do quite like her, or that I care who got the job, more the fact that Sara Cox, widely touted to get the job, is just so unbearably banal. Nice lady, but more suited to Listen with Mother or Radio Peterborough.

I do rather like Zoe because she was the other half of Norman Cook for so very long. What a career Norman has had, he's come a long way baby. He (reportedly) owns 12% of Brighton FC, though I've never seen him in the Directors Box alongside Mr Bloom. He must be well minted.

Zoe was a bit of a tearaway when she first joined the BBC, but, with age, she seems to have pleasantly mellowed. It's good to mellow.

How can you not love this photo, from her enfant terrible days?

We usually like to spend a week in Hove (bit of civilisation for us residents of South Yorkshire) and have a regular walk towards Shoreham on the front to where Norman Cook lives in those white millionaire row houses that open on to their private beach.

My wife and daughter are rather in awe of celebrities for some strange reason and always hope to run into Fatboy Slim, Zoe, David Walliams or Adele who all own one of them.  I believe Paul McCartney lived there too with that horrible women he married about 10-15 years ago. Locals tell me they used to see him riding on the front on his bike.

Norman Cook owns the lagoon cafe just behind the promenade and that is always very busy. He and Zoe must have some proper coin because when they split, she bought one of those houses on the row. Must have been quite a few million. I believe she has moved away from there now so my wife tells me.

Amazing how I insta recognized "that horrible woman" as Heather Mills.

And yes, Zoe no longer lives in Brighton. Probably sold her place to Flushy.

I used to visit Shoreham a great deal & rather liked the old brick-built power-station, but last time we were down that way I could not see it. I mean, it's hard to miss, so I guess it's been demolished, which is rather sad, it was perfectly lovely.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53118 on: October 05, 2018, 10:00:44 AM »

I rarely watch films either but still listen every week on the pod very calming

On a different subject check this out if you get time

We've decided to make this SC World Service show free-to-air for all. It's @RichieSadlier's the Player's Chair with @brian_lenihan12. Please RT if you think it's worth a listen ❤️

https://t.co/Wu0jY7ZtjG

Not your usual footballer or now ex footballer podcast. Retired in early twenties due to mental illness

Very frank very open and a very intelligent man, he ended up having ECT therapy after trying medication e.t.c

Thanks John. I'll try & have a listen. If I succeed, new ground will be broken, as I've never listened to a podcast in my life.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53119 on: October 05, 2018, 12:38:50 PM »

I used to visit Shoreham a great deal & rather liked the old brick-built power-station, but last time we were down that way I could not see it. I mean, it's hard to miss, so I guess it's been demolished, which is rather sad, it was perfectly lovely.

Perhaps it hit an iceberg and sank.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53120 on: October 05, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »

That's some impressive imagination you have there, Tom, 2 more chimmneys & you'd be spot on.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 12:50:04 PM by tikay » Logged

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #53121 on: October 05, 2018, 12:53:29 PM »

My wife graduated from her PGCE course at Brighton University a few months ago and Norman Cook appears in a video as part of the ceremony showing the achievements of it's alumni; it ends with him giving an inspiring speech about how much you'll be able to achieve now before a humourous cut away to show him serving an ice cream cone to someone.  I didn't realise that was probably his cafe they were showing (I assume).

It was quite the shock compared to her undergraduate graduation ceremony from Imperial College. For example, at Imperial the senior university staff left the stage (of the Albert Hall) to a specially arranged piece of classical music that was made in honour of Queen Victoria's visit to the university whereas at Brighton they left the stage (of the Brighton Centre) to Right Here, Right Now by Fatboy Slim Smiley

I wonder how long they'll keep with this tradition before they realise that nearly all their graduates are too young to know who he is.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53122 on: October 05, 2018, 12:56:42 PM »

My wife graduated from her PGCE course at Brighton University a few months ago and Norman Cook appears in a video as part of the ceremony showing the achievements of it's alumni; it ends with him giving an inspiring speech about how much you'll be able to achieve now before a humourous cut away to show him serving an ice cream cone to someone.  I didn't realise that was probably his cafe they were showing (I assume).

It was quite the shock compared to her undergraduate graduation ceremony from Imperial College. For example, at Imperial the senior university staff left the stage (of the Albert Hall) to a specially arranged piece of classical music that was made in honour of Queen Victoria's visit to the university whereas at Brighton they left the stage (of the Brighton Centre) to Right Here, Right Now by Fatboy Slim Smiley

I wonder how long they'll keep with this tradition before they realise that nearly all their graduates are too young to know who he is.

Think this is Norman's Brighton eatery - it's still open, right there, right now.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53123 on: October 05, 2018, 01:03:15 PM »

That's some impressive imagination you have there, Tom, 2 more chimmneys & you'd be spot on.

One less m and you would be close too.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53124 on: October 05, 2018, 04:25:44 PM »

London - 2 murder attempts on the same day;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45763265

The man accused had been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia as a young man, & had been using crack cocaine the day before the double attack. Paranoia, schizophrenia & crack cocaine is, I'm guessing, a bad combo.   

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #53125 on: October 05, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »

Think this is Norman's Brighton eatery - it's still open, right there, right now.

Yep that’s it.

We usually have bacon sandwiches and a game of crazy golf there.

Always good fun.

Norman must have been on his days off when we’ve been unfortunately :-)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53126 on: October 05, 2018, 04:58:31 PM »

^^^^

What better excuse to have a look & listen to "Happy Hour" by the Housemartins.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53127 on: October 05, 2018, 05:03:40 PM »

That vid is well over 30 years old.

Today, they'd be called a supergroup - Cook went on to become Fatboy Slim (& 20 or more other aliases), whilst the arguably more gifted Paul Heaton went on to become the heartbeat of Beautiful South.

Lovely track, this, "I'll sail this ship alone".

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53128 on: October 05, 2018, 07:07:56 PM »

One less m and you would be close too.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53129 on: October 05, 2018, 07:19:33 PM »

I cannot recommend "The Art of Drumming" on sky arts highly enough.

Wonderful, clever TV.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 3538 3539 3540 3541 [3542] 3543 3544 3545 3546 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: