blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:38:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3539 3540 3541 3542 [3543] 3544 3545 3546 3547 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321831 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53130 on: October 05, 2018, 07:28:02 PM »

I cannot recommend "The Art of Drumming" on sky arts highly enough.

Wonderful, clever TV.

Yup, love it.

Have seen episodes 1 & 2, think episode 3 is tonight. If you miss the early showing this evening, it's on again around midnight.

Excellent tv.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #53131 on: October 05, 2018, 07:32:30 PM »

I cannot recommend "The Art of Drumming" on sky arts highly enough.

Wonderful, clever TV.

Isn't it brillaint Tal. One more to view tonight. I learned So much from this series, had no idea how in depth the art of drumming was.

Hope we get a mention for Shiela E, seen her in 1988 with Prince and have the Sign of the times concert recorded never to be deleted. She is amazing.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53132 on: October 05, 2018, 07:34:29 PM »

How good was the 6 instrument thing?

And Bill Ward talking about how he sees the music he plays?

Loved Nicko McBrain playing Maiden songs in a disco style too.

The way they explain the stuff to you - knowing 99.8% of the audience are oblivious to most of it - is excellent.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #53133 on: October 05, 2018, 08:06:01 PM »

Is that Mr Powell from the Libertines?

I wish I could drum, it looks so cool and effortless when the big boys do it. Sadly my hand/feet co-ordination is shite.

You watch someone like Travis Barker from Blink182 (for Tikay, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink-182) drum and it simply baffles me how they do it.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53134 on: October 08, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »

Is that Mr Powell from the Libertines?

I wish I could drum, it looks so cool and effortless when the big boys do it. Sadly my hand/feet co-ordination is shite.

You watch someone like Travis Barker from Blink182 (for Tikay, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink-182) drum and it simply baffles me how they do it.

Well thanks for the education Consonant Bloke, but I'm up to speed on Blink182. Heap of shite.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53135 on: October 08, 2018, 10:36:09 AM »

A blast from the past suddenly emerged this morning.

I almost never send Tweets, but I sent one to Sam Grafton, who I particularly respect, & who had a nice result over the weekend.

Moments later, on that thread or whatever its called on Twitter, I got a reply, enquiring how I am, from Jim Reid.

Many of the old timers & long standing blondes will remember Jim, who was a bit of an intimidating presence at the live poker tables around 10 or 15 years ago.

He used to run a haulage business in East Anglia or somewhere heading out that way - Huntingdon maybe?

Lovely bloke & a good pal, but like so many, you lose touch as the years roll by.

Jim was handy enough & had a few nice results down the years, & interesting to see he had a cash last year, so must still be on the scene;

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?n=495

Amongst those nice results was a 3rd place at Brighton for £30k. Quite an event that, here's the cashees, led, almost inevitably in those days, by Thewy;

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=30169

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53136 on: October 08, 2018, 10:39:47 AM »

Whilst searching for a Jim Reid photo, this image came up.

Anyone able to name the 2 lads sat either side of Jim Reid in this photo? Both of them quite famous but in very different ways.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53137 on: October 08, 2018, 01:16:28 PM »

Top bloke Jim , great table company

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53138 on: October 08, 2018, 02:18:58 PM »

Whilst searching for a Jim Reid photo, this image came up.

Anyone able to name the 2 lads sat either side of Jim Reid in this photo? Both of them quite famous but in very different ways.

That is Dave Pomroy and Michael "Don't call me Beppe" Greco.

Dave Pomroy used to play high stakes on Betfair.  He did a major suckout at the final table of the Dublin EPT which he looked suitably embarassed about.   It still appears in poker suckout compilation.  Dave Pomroy now works for one of the poker sites (888?).  Michael Greco went to LA to find fame, but sure I saw him a year or two back that popped up on youtube (was loose Women or similar), so guess he may be back.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53139 on: October 08, 2018, 02:28:33 PM »

Grecs has been back in the UK for a few years now, and was working in the West End last I heard.

Think Dave Pomroy works for Unibet, or did.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53140 on: October 08, 2018, 02:41:13 PM »

Good answers, & correct.

When Pommy was in that Dublin EPT thing - & if I recall correctly, the final of which was held in a Library or Museum (truly) - Dave Shallow & a bunch of fellow degens jumped on a plane to Dublin, hired a big limo, & they all went out on the piss, big time. Quite a night, I was told.    

Not sure who Pommy works for now. Last time I saw him - must have been 6 or 8 years ago - he was working for BlackBelt Poker, aka Mr Channing. I went across to their Office, Snoopy was there too, plus a very pretty young lady who later turned out to be handy at poker. Can't remember where the office was, maybe Hampstead, Highgate, somewhere up that way.

Quite a nice office it was, too, presumably paid for out of the enormous profits Ambo made from BlackBelt. In theory.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53141 on: October 08, 2018, 02:45:34 PM »

Grecs has been back in the UK for a few years now, and was working in the West End last I heard.

Whilst you are here mate, I was talking to "The Mad Monk" on the Forum Next Door this morning, & he wrote;

"cheers tikay, will say hello when ime there on Friday,marky147 is coming over to say hi on the Friday night"

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53142 on: October 08, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »

Whilst you are here mate, I was talking to "The Mad Monk" on the Forum Next Door this morning, & he wrote;

"cheers tikay, will say hello when ime there on Friday,marky147 is coming over to say hi on the Friday night"

I land at about 6:30pm, so will come down to Alea once I'm plotted up.

Just need to find out who 'The Mad Monk' is, at the other forum next door Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53143 on: October 08, 2018, 06:06:53 PM »

I land at about 6:30pm, so will come down to Alea once I'm plotted up.

Just need to find out who 'The Mad Monk' is, at the other forum next door Smiley

I honestly don't know, though he seem to know me.

I do know - by his posts over the years -  that a) he is a Vegas regular, loves playing at Nugget b) He is or was a Kracked Kings regular & c) He lives in Glasgow, very near to Alea I suspect. 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53144 on: October 08, 2018, 06:09:18 PM »

Good answers, & correct.

When Pommy was in that Dublin EPT thing - & if I recall correctly, the final of which was held in a Library or Museum (truly) - Dave Shallow & a bunch of fellow degens jumped on a plane to Dublin, hired a big limo, & they all went out on the piss, big time. Quite a night, I was told.    

Not sure who Pommy works for now. Last time I saw him - must have been 6 or 8 years ago - he was working for BlackBelt Poker, aka Mr Channing. I went across to their Office, Snoopy was there too, plus a very pretty young lady who later turned out to be handy at poker. Can't remember where the office was, maybe Hampstead, Highgate, somewhere up that way.

Quite a nice office it was, too, presumably paid for out of the enormous profits Ambo made from BlackBelt. In theory.

That Dave Shallow story sounds familiar, I have a vague memory that Dave Pomroy had to finish 6th to break even.   Sure he was DPommo, not Pommy, but could be wrong.

Unibet is the answer, 888 did feel wrong.

Is there some Skypoker event going on that I can't attend at the weekend?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 3539 3540 3541 3542 [3543] 3544 3545 3546 3547 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: