blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:13:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3670 3671 3672 3673 [3674] 3675 3676 3677 3678 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6325093 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55095 on: March 01, 2020, 11:50:11 PM »

Ben Dobson wins. Delighted for him.

am too, but he timed it for the 5 minute break.  what was the last hand?

Our man had 2-2, Windsor had A-5.

No improvement for Windsor, but Dobson setted up anyway.

They had already "done a Chompy" & were playing for £3,500 & the trophy. Dobson had already got £71,000, Windsor £68,500 I think.

Thanks

Think it was 4k difference, so maybe 72k/68k.  Tower announced the chop about 5 mins after my first post.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55096 on: March 05, 2020, 05:36:36 PM »

Saw this Next Door.

Certainly worth 3 minutes of your time.

Very nice biscuits.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 05:41:58 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55097 on: March 05, 2020, 05:44:01 PM »

Shite.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #55098 on: April 03, 2020, 09:25:16 PM »

PaddyPaar/Betunfair for you next then Teeks if you're hopefully still with us..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #55099 on: April 03, 2020, 09:58:59 PM »

Saw this Next Door.

Certainly worth 3 minutes of your time.

Very nice biscuits.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #55100 on: April 06, 2020, 01:37:10 PM »

As you know I go on YouTube a lot to find out how to do stuff, and there is a fair bit of new good info on there to keep people either occupied or to learn something new in the present situation.

One of the revelations - to me has been Brian May Isolated; Bohemian Rhapsody Tutorial in his living room ..........in his boxer shorts. Whoda thunk....

https://youtu.be/pesT_u_N2tk

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55101 on: April 07, 2020, 09:17:13 PM »

As you know I go on YouTube a lot to find out how to do stuff, and there is a fair bit of new good info on there to keep people either occupied or to learn something new in the present situation.

One of the revelations - to me has been Brian May Isolated; Bohemian Rhapsody Tutorial in his living room ..........in his boxer shorts. Whoda thunk....

https://youtu.be/pesT_u_N2tk

Haha, that's great.

I do the same. First port of call if I need any problems solving with my PC/Phone etc.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55102 on: April 07, 2020, 09:17:48 PM »

Think Tikay should go for the Brian May hairdo, for the 2021 WSOP!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55103 on: April 10, 2020, 11:19:05 AM »

I try not to dislike too many, but ugh @ Brian May, he's deffo near the top of my list.

Anyway, I'm getting lots of PM's & texts from my special friends asking if I'm OK as I've been a bit AWOL.

I'm 100% fine & dandy. As you probably know, Online Poker is experiencing a boom like never before, so it's keeping me pretty busy. Don't get me wrong, I don't do anything of great import, in fact I don't really do much at all, but it seems to take me all day to do it. Next Door have been extremely good to me all these years so the least I can do is give them everything I've got when it's most needed. It's all rather bitter-sweet actually - poker traffic is completely off the charts, breaking records day after day, whilst the cause of the boom is leaving folks dying & suffering galore. All very odd & uncomfortable.

Saw an extraordinary news item today. In New York, just under 3,000 perished in 9/11. The virus has now - in New York alone - claimed 7,300 & counting. That number will double, minimum. They have even resorted to mass graves. In New York. It's beyond terrible.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 09:43:19 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #55104 on: April 10, 2020, 03:44:42 PM »

“A boom like never before “

You been watching Trump far too much .

Glad your ok Tony .
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #55105 on: April 10, 2020, 03:55:37 PM »

Glad to hear that you are keeping well Tony.

Don't be such a stranger - all we have in this world is time.

x

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55106 on: April 10, 2020, 05:12:13 PM »

“A boom like never before “

You been watching Trump far too much .

Glad your ok Tony .

ANY time watching Trump is too much, though if it were not so tragic he'd have entertainment value.

I know a great deal about booms. It's a big boom. A very beautiful boom. We do the best booms.   

Guess your shop is all locked & shuttered for the time being Jim? Will you re-open once restrictions are lifted or knock it on the head?

PS - I wrote to your mate Trev (typhoon) last week as I was worried due to him being AWOL from blonde, & we've corresponded back & forth - he's fine. Printing money by the sounds of it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 05:22:36 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55107 on: April 10, 2020, 05:14:13 PM »

x

Thanks Ralph. True - & there's just never enough of it.

You coping with S-I OK?

It occurred to me yesterday that I have not spoken with a soul in over a month. Quite suits me tbh, but I'm sure for many people it's torture. 

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #55108 on: April 10, 2020, 05:37:44 PM »

x

Thanks Ralph. True - & there's just never enough of it.

You coping with S-I OK?

It occurred to me yesterday that I have not spoken with a soul in over a month. Quite suits me tbh, but I'm sure for many people it's torture. 

I'm very similar to you regarding SI - probably one of the most content SI's out there.

Especially so since rekindling my love of contract bridge which must be one of the the games most suited to playing online.

I now play bridge for 2/3 hours every afternoon and instead of golf walk a neighbour's dog a couple of times pw.

I could do six months of this standing on me head..

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55109 on: April 10, 2020, 05:51:53 PM »

I've been prepping for this since 2011, so I'm golden. Not totally isolated as I have the parents, and my brother is here while sorting out what he's going to do once his divorce is sorted.

Only people I normally see are the bloke that owns my gym and my PT, so I'm down to just the few in the house and yapping online. Suits me, too.

One big upside of being on the raspberry express is that I don't have to put up with supermarkets anymore Grin

Pages: 1 ... 3670 3671 3672 3673 [3674] 3675 3676 3677 3678 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: