blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:45:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3756 3757 3758 3759 [3760] 3761 3762 3763 3764 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6326766 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56385 on: May 29, 2023, 10:12:16 PM »

I am still in contact with Ben, in a Discord Server I frequent, so I sent it to him. He reckons he's got a film deal lined up next....

He's done very well for himself in life. Building his own place, swimming pool & everything, owns a successful business & has irons in all sorts of fires. Got a beautiful partner too.

He does charity work with a mutual friend too, over in the Huntingdon area I think, helping with Food Banks & that sort of stuff. 

Huge football fan, has a proper collection of football shirts, & even wheedled himself into an England Training Camp in Algarve or somewhere out that way.

Here's a look round his shirt collection just before the World Cup last year.

http://twitter.com/i/status/1594664257769160704

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56386 on: May 29, 2023, 10:29:11 PM »

Oh yes, Vegas. I nearly forgot, someone should have reminded me.

The trip is much later this year. The work gig is July 29th until August 5th, then Sky have kindly given me an extra 3 days R & R, which takes me to the 8th, & I've added 5 more days "holiday", so fly home on Sunday 13th.

So that means the WSOP will be done & dusted, & with it all the "Summer Schedules" that go with it. So I can't really play much except the bowl stuff, $100/$200 dailies/weeklies etc at places like The Orleans & South Point. I'll play a fair bit of cash though, Limit 08, or Big O.

So no staking plans at the moment until I can get some visibility on what stuff is on post-WSOP. Am both grateful & amazed a few of you asked though.  If I can put a little schedule together, I'll be sure to let you know.   

Gill comes out 2nd/3rd, & stays until 12th/13th too. Will stay at Palazzo throughout, though we'll head out to the West Coast for a day or two, probably fly to LA & get the Amtrak down to San Diego, & stop off somewhere along the way.

Despite missing the WSOP & associated Series, I'm as excited as always. The Vegas diet is ahead of target, just need to lose a couple more lbs to get down to my fighting weight of 12st.

I did fear that we'd miss each other, when I saw that Sky had their event post WSOP.

Upside is I get to keep hold of your score for another few months Wink

Love Palazzo and the the coffee bean at the elevators is even a Starbucks now, so you're golden!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56387 on: May 29, 2023, 10:39:13 PM »

I've never watched a "Box Set" or any of that crap in my life. After I got my posh new Telly, with NetFlix & all that stuff, I somehow allowed Tom to talk me into watching the Sopranos. Oh my, how good was that? And I was only 25 years late. So that was 6 Series & 86 episodes.

Click to see full-size image.

I finished that, & then he forced me to watch Breaking Bad. Incred. Loved the characters, & soon, like Jesse Pinkman, I was adding "yo" to the end of every sentence. Pretty sure the checkout girls at Tesco were impressed. Here's my ClubCard, yo.  So that was 5 seasons & 56 episodes.

Finished that & it's then mandatory to watch Better Call Saul. 6 seasons, 63 episodes. So so good, crisp dialogue, great acting & characters.

I mean, how good is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rArzMrhTxF8

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56388 on: May 29, 2023, 10:40:41 PM »

The trip is much later this year. The work gig is July 29th until August 5th, then Sky have kindly given me an extra 3 days R & R, which takes me to the 8th, & I've added 5 more days "holiday", so fly home on Sunday 13th.

So that means the WSOP will be done & dusted, & with it all the "Summer Schedules" that go with it. So I can't really play much except the bowl stuff, $100/$200 dailies/weeklies etc at places like The Orleans & South Point. I'll play a fair bit of cash though, Limit 08, or Big O.

So no staking plans at the moment until I can get some visibility on what stuff is on post-WSOP. Am both grateful & amazed a few of you asked though.  If I can put a little schedule together, I'll be sure to let you know.   

Gill comes out 2nd/3rd, & stays until 12th/13th too. Will stay at Palazzo throughout, though we'll head out to the West Coast for a day or two, probably fly to LA & get the Amtrak down to San Diego, & stop off somewhere along the way.

Despite missing the WSOP & associated Series, I'm as excited as always. The Vegas diet is ahead of target, just need to lose a couple more lbs to get down to my fighting weight of 12st.

I did fear that we'd miss each other, when I saw that Sky had their event post WSOP.

Love Palazzo and the the coffee bean at the elevators is even a Starbucks now, so you're golden!

Really? Oh wow, that's great news. The one by the Elevator banks always has a 45 minute queue.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56389 on: May 29, 2023, 10:50:29 PM »

And I've never watched News bulletins so much in my life.

First, COVID, with those Press Conferences, the impressive Prof Whitty & the not so impressive bungling Boris & Matt Hancock. And queueing to get in to Tesco, WTF? And all the anti-vacc & COVID-denying conspiracy theorists.

Then getting rid of Boris. That day when all the Ministers - 50 of them? - started resigning was so epic.

Nothing could ever top that, could it?

But wait, then along came Dolly Dewdrop. I mean, how the hell did THAT happen? Most amazeballs thing ever.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56390 on: May 29, 2023, 11:38:50 PM »

The last few years have only further reinforced my decision to watch almost zero TV. Well, outside of sports, anyway.

Really? Oh wow, that's great news. The one by the Elevator banks always has a 45 minute queue.

Just had to double check, as haven't been to that one for a few years, and it is one now.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56391 on: May 29, 2023, 11:41:42 PM »

I've never watched a "Box Set" or any of that crap in my life. After I got my posh new Telly, with NetFlix & all that stuff, I somehow allowed Tom to talk me into watching the Sopranos. Oh my, how good was that? And I was only 25 years late. So that was 6 Series & 86 episodes.

GOAT of all shows, for me  Cool

One of  a few I have on loop in my room. I put it on when I go to bed and pause when I wake up.

Must have gone through it ~100x over the last 10 years since we moved home last time.

You need to watch the below now, too.

The Wire
Ozark
The Newsroom
Deadwood
Homeland
Friday Night Lights
The West Wing

Enjoy!

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #56392 on: May 30, 2023, 01:36:17 AM »

Add Queen of the south to the watch list too Tony
Then like my Mrs every time Mexico is mentioned Denise in a husky voice says Theresa mendoza

We are currently back at south point for our last 12 nights
We came out may 7 th had 16 nights at south point
5 nights downtown at the plaza 
Then home on the 10 th June
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #56393 on: May 30, 2023, 05:40:15 PM »

One of  a few I have on loop in my room. I put it on when I go to bed and pause when I wake up.

Must have gone through it ~100x over the last 10 years since we moved home last time.

The Wire
Ozark
The Newsroom
Deadwood
Homeland
Friday Night Lights
The West Wing

Enjoy!

Enjoyed most of those except West Wing - just can't really get into things that have an in your face complete story arc in a single episode.

For Tony, if you have the patience for some of the brilii but slow burning things you mentioned deffo watch the first 2 on Marky's list in that order Id' suggest

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #56394 on: June 01, 2023, 07:18:51 PM »

I don't know if you realise but the Wynn does a bowl daily and nightly now. 

$300 daily and $200 nightly.  This fella has won one or two.

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=504737

Think they'd be right up my street, but they are bumped up to $1100 during WSOP.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #56395 on: June 02, 2023, 07:10:11 PM »

I finished that, & then he forced me to watch Breaking Bad. Incred. Loved the characters, & soon, like Jesse Pinkman, I was adding "yo" to the end of every sentence. Pretty sure the checkout girls at Tesco were impressed. Here's my ClubCard, yo.  So that was 5 seasons & 56 episodes.

Finished that & it's then mandatory to watch Better Call Saul. 6 seasons, 63 episodes. So so good, crisp dialogue, great acting & characters.

Better Call Saul much better than Breaking Bad IMO
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56396 on: June 03, 2023, 10:06:01 AM »

The Wire
Ozark
The Newsroom
Deadwood
Homeland
Friday Night Lights
The West Wing

Enjoy!

Homeland is my fave on this list.

The older I get, the better I was.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #56397 on: June 04, 2023, 06:02:01 PM »

I finished that, & then he forced me to watch Breaking Bad. Incred. Loved the characters, & soon, like Jesse Pinkman, I was adding "yo" to the end of every sentence. Pretty sure the checkout girls at Tesco were impressed. Here's my ClubCard, yo.  So that was 5 seasons & 56 episodes.

You might be interested in the band that wrote the theme song for the Sopranos, an interesting bunch, I'm sure I remember someone else (Jon?) on here being a fan.

The Alabama 3 despite the name aren't from Alabama and there are more than 3 of them. I've been a fan for years, seeing them in various places, from concert halls to night clubs, pubs, festivals, church halls in tiny villages, and abandoned closed down snooker halls.

I've stood edgie (lookout) while Rob Spragg had a quick spliff in the toilets of the church hall, and was once dragged to a pub by Nick Reynolds (son of Great Train Robbery mastermind Bruce Richard Reynolds) who plays harmonica in the band.

Nick had fallen out with the rest of the band in Dublin & recognising me from the pub before the gig dragged me back into the pub after it to keep him company for a few. I told him I'd an early flight the next morning, 'You'll be fine he said', we sat in the pub while he regaled me with stories from his early childhood on the run in Mexico, Canada, France & Torquay his time as a diver in the Navy, and in the band. He also talked a bit about making death masks, he's made them for his Dad, various other 'villians', Alabama 3 band mate Jake 'Dwayne Love' Black, Peter O'Toole, Malcolm McLaren and others. I've never been offered as many drugs, from people trying to get into the conversation with the star. And I can see how musicians get alcohol and drug dependencies  - if they were free all the time I'd be on them more too Cheesy, although Nick buys his round when he's in one. So I missed my flight, got one later the next day, but it was a cracking night.

Another night saw me trying to buck up Rob before they played their first gig since Jake's death, in Jake's home town Glasgow. For the lead in a band who've been touring for years he was really nervous that it be seen as suitable by Jake's people. I said we were his people too, that everyone would be approaching this a proper wake for Jake & that everybody was on their side. The  gig (in front of a massive Jake Black statue comple with death mask) was an absolute belter with tears, laughter and a great crowd singing for Brother Dwayne!!

Anyway, got carried away there, but I think you might like the music (a sweet blend of country, blues, and acid house). I know you'd be interested in Nick, there's a few articles with him on the web.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 06:04:24 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56398 on: June 04, 2023, 11:23:54 PM »

^ ^ ^

It might have been me Rod - Exile on Coldharbour Lane has been a favourite of mine from well before The Sopranos nicked that song.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #56399 on: June 05, 2023, 12:04:09 AM »

^ ^ ^

It might have been me Rod - Exile on Coldharbour Lane has been a favourite of mine from well before The Sopranos nicked that song.

Jon is the one that springs to mind, think I'd have remembered you saying that, but I could be wrong. Exile is one of the finest first albums I've heard from any band any genre of music, great songs throughout.

You certainly beat me to them though, it was a good few years later I got into them. Funny enough I never watched the Sopranos.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: 1 ... 3756 3757 3758 3759 [3760] 3761 3762 3763 3764 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: