blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:39:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3757 3758 3759 3760 [3761] 3762 3763 3764 3765 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333806 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #56400 on: June 05, 2023, 07:47:59 AM »

It was hearing the Sopranotheme tune that introduced me to Alabama 3. Been a fan ever since. Seen them several times one if the best live bands in the UK.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56401 on: June 05, 2023, 08:07:17 PM »

^ ^ ^

It might have been me Rod - Exile on Coldharbour Lane has been a favourite of mine from well before The Sopranos nicked that song.

Jon is the one that springs to mind, think I'd have remembered you saying that, but I could be wrong. Exile is one of the finest first albums I've heard from any band any genre of music, great songs throughout.

You certainly beat me to them though, it was a good few years later I got into them. Funny enough I never watched the Sopranos.

After I stopped getting daily newspapers I still used to have The Observer delivered on Sundays for a few years and they had a really good arts section.

The music section was especially good with reviews on a wide range of genres so I often used to take a punt on unusual albums/CD's if they were strongly recommended and appealed to me, and that was one of the successes of my lucky dips.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56402 on: June 06, 2023, 04:31:41 PM »

I've never known anyone as comfortable on either side of the tracks as you Ralph.
You've certainly got the "Walk with Kings nor lose the common touch" bit nailed down.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56403 on: June 06, 2023, 08:03:34 PM »

I've never known anyone as comfortable on either side of the tracks as you Ralph.
You've certainly got the "Walk with Kings nor lose the common touch" bit nailed down.

Thanks Tom.

It must come from the boarding-school education, followed by the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll in my formative years during the swinging 60's.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #56404 on: June 11, 2023, 02:35:53 PM »

Looking back at how the late John Lennon's famed Rolls-Royce served both as a safe haven and a souped-up plaything. It's a good read.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/john-lennon-s-phantom-v-the-story-of-the-psychedelic-beatle-mobile?utm_source=emailsynd&utm_medium=social

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56405 on: June 13, 2023, 09:05:58 AM »

Yep. Good read.

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56406 on: June 20, 2023, 01:32:06 PM »

Must be due some more updates. I've gone over the last few pages and we are definitley missing some stuff I feel.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #56407 on: July 23, 2023, 07:58:25 PM »

It was hearing the Sopranotheme tune that introduced me to Alabama 3. Been a fan ever since. Seen them several times one if the best live bands in the UK.

Travelled over to Ireland to see them (and Big Country) at Forest Fest. Rained for hours but 2 brilliant sets. Devlin Love is back & in top form, go see them if you get a chance Kev!!!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #56408 on: July 26, 2023, 06:45:40 AM »

Enjoy your trip Tony, 44C waiting for you and the tour players.

A few update here maybe?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56409 on: July 26, 2023, 05:11:04 PM »

Hope you have a great time in Vegas, mate!

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #56410 on: July 27, 2023, 11:22:31 AM »

Have a fabulous time Tony x

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56411 on: July 27, 2023, 06:53:38 PM »

Rest.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56412 on: July 27, 2023, 09:52:28 PM »

Many thanks Dave, Marky, Shaz & Ralph.

As is always the case, I'm ridic excited. My flight is due to land mid-afternoon on Saturday, & if I'm not sat at a $4-$8 or $8-$16 O8 Limit cash game at The Orleans by 6pm something will have gone badly wrong.

Sadly, as the WSOP has left town there are almost no 4 or 5 card MTT's still running. I've managed to find just two, both at Venetian, & both $300 one day jobbies, so they'll be a bit quick for me, but I'll throw a few bullets at both & have a ball no matter what happens. (1 x PLO8, 1 x Big O). Sky have put me up in the Palazzo, so I won't have far to walk.  

Last year, also at Palazzo, I had a room overlooking the new MSG Sphere which was under construction at the time....

Click to see full-size image.

Well it's up & running now, so I'm very much hoping to get a good view of it again this year. It really is something, & it's seriously big.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphere_at_The_Venetian_Resort

The official opening is not until September, when U2 have got a 23 night residency.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 11:09:35 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56413 on: July 27, 2023, 10:02:49 PM »

The Sky players are in Vegas 29th July to 5th August, but Sky have given me another 3 or 4 nights at Palazzo as a holiday. I've then booked 5 nights beyond that, so will be there until Sunday August 13th, arriving back home on Monday 14th.

Gill arrives middle of next week, rather bravely she's flying in via New York. Once the Sky gig is over & they've gone home, we are heading over to Santa Barbara, from where we'll catch the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner for the 3 hour trip down the coast to Los Angeles, & from there we'll fly back to Vegas. Gill had to miss two years due to COVID & health issues but she's in great nick now & I think she's more excited than me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56414 on: July 27, 2023, 10:22:46 PM »

Must be due some more updates. I've gone over the last few pages and we are definitley missing some stuff I feel.

Ahh, Vinnny.

Well you asked, so I'll try. Not much happening to be honest, though that's not to say I'm not loving life. I don't really know how or why, but I seem to have found myself in a very happy place mentally, I can't ever remember being so chilled, relaxed & content.I don't do much really, & yet there's something to look forward to every single day. Gill was very unwell for a while but she's fine now, so that's a big worry off my mind. (And of course hers).

I'm still trying to hack it round golf courses. What an infuriating game golf is. 2 great shots followed by two complete duffs. So frustrating. I had 18 holes at Breadsall Priory Moorland Course today, I love it there as being moorland the ball gets loads of run out.  I actually had two personal bests today - I did three pars, & never lost a single ball. Both were firsts for me. 

The big problem though is that I play solo, so I always end up waiting behind 3 & 4 balls. They generally call me through, but I soon catch the next group. I use a buggy, as I simply can't manage to walk 18 holes due to shortness of breath, as my chest is not in great nick, so that means I whizz round quite fast - or could if i did not getting stuck behind 4 balls, usually all old men. All old men seem to be fearfully slow, & they piss me off.

Maybe the best thing about golf is the wildlife though, what a thrill to see so much at close hand. Raptors, deer, hares, rabbits, pheasants, partridges. I can't begin to explain what a thrill it is to me.

Ralph invited me to a Golf Day at Wollaton with 2 of his buddies, so that was going to be my first round with others - then i realised it was the very day I fly back from Vegas. Sod's Law & all that.

I have another golf invite too, from three of the original blondes, who are, I'm fairly sure, blonde's three most miserable moany buggers. That was supposed to be this month, but we've had to move it back to September. Breadsall Priory is the venue, so at least I'll know the track.

More follows...

Pages: 1 ... 3757 3758 3759 3760 [3761] 3762 3763 3764 3765 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: