blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:05:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3758 3759 3760 3761 [3762] 3763 3764 3765 3766 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333508 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56415 on: July 27, 2023, 10:40:12 PM »

Life moves on & you lose touch with people, but I'm at that age where I'm trying to re-connect with a few people & say some stuff before it's too late.

I sort of lost touch with Phil Quayle (Bobby1) the last few years, & then I lost his number. Luckily, a close mutual friend sorted his number for me & I Whatsapp'ed him last night. I should add that WhatsApp is SO so good, & I use it all the time to keep in touch with others, & I'm not sure what I'd do without it.

Anyway, we had the most wonderful chat & everything's cool. I won't bore you with the whole nine yards, but Phil - quite literally - changed my life by giving me a job with Wm Hill around 19 years ago. I've worked non-stop since that day, all down to Phil. You might say what's so great about work, but I love working, & when Sky eventually put me out to grass I've no idea what I'll do with myself. And let's not forget, "work"  has resulted in a trip to Vegas with Wm Hill, plus all the land-based quallies for Late Night Poker, then we had that weekly Poker Magazine TV Show where we went all over Europe every weekend. After Wm Hill shuttered their TV Channel, early 2006 I think, I moved seamlessly to Poker Night Live, & then in October 2006 to Sky. Sky have now sent me - all exs paid - to Vegas 14 times, to Punta Cana twice, pus a few other adventures. All that's down to the start Phil gave me. How good do I run? 

Phil is still in contact with John McGrane, & the pair of them go fishing apparently. Hard to imagine John McGrane fishing, bet he shouts at the fish if they don't bite. When John was in Vegas with us in 2005, & busy running 18th in the WSOIP Main, his son Liam was with him. Well Liam is a proper grown up now & is at Uni (or College as I think they call it  in America) in New Jersey.  John lives in Durham now.

Phil's son Conor is a grown up now too, think he's 16 or 17.

Anyway, it made me feel good to have got back in touch with him.

More follows...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56416 on: July 27, 2023, 10:53:04 PM »

I managed to watch every moment of The Open last week. Not sure I've ever managed that before, stuff usually got in the way. In fact I've watched all the Golf Majors from start to finish this year.

I still like a bet & usually back 6 or 8 players in every Major. Starting with Matt Fitzpatrick last year I've made really good money - until last week when Mr Harman blotted my copybook big time. Don't even ask.

In football, I do the Spreads these days, & that went OK last season. I started with a £100 bank, had to replenish it twice, then once I'd sussed the lie of the land, run it up to £850. It's only small money, but it just gives me that gambling buzz I need. I do Multi Corners,(1st half multiplied by 2nd half)  & you have to watch the game "finger-poised" ready to close the bet if things are going badly. The line is usually about 25, & I sell for £4 a corner, so it's enough to keep me on my toes. I never buy, it's either sell or no bet. As a general rule, if the line moves to around 15, I close out & bank the profit. Proper hit & run merchant, me.   

Lord Flounce of the Fens looks after me too, & he gave me an absolute belter of a bet last year, the biggest bet & biggest win I've ever had lifetime, God bless him. I don't really know why he looks after me so well but he does & I'm very grateful.

Tom looks after me too, though in different ways. It's a rare day when we don't chat on WhatsApp. I don't really like taking/making voice calls, but I'm fine with the written word.

More follows....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56417 on: July 27, 2023, 11:04:57 PM »

We don't discuss the ages of young ladies, but Miss Mason had a birthday a few weeks ago & I was thrilled to be invited to have a spot of dinner. I really don't do "social dining" & all that mandatory small talk, but this was very different & I had a wonderful evening. I do see her every year at SPT's, but we never get chance to have a proper chat as there's always stuff to tend to, players to schmooze, updates to do.

Jen has not changed one bit, still as mad as a mad thing. She's aged wonderfully though. There were 3 of us, Jen, Tal & me. I felt intellectually inadequate with those two, as I'm sure you can imagine, but three hours absolutely flew past, they were THE most wonderful company & looked after me a treat.

I'd best not tell you Jen's age, but technically she's middle-aged. WTF?

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56418 on: July 27, 2023, 11:05:59 PM »

Well I've waffled long enough for now. Apologies for all that durge, but blame little Vinny, he kept asking.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56419 on: July 28, 2023, 12:30:55 PM »

Looking forward to hearing your tourney reports from Vegas however a little disappointed that there is no staking thread. Cheesy Enjoy your trip and hopefully the Poker Gods smile on you.

Cymru am byth
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #56420 on: July 28, 2023, 03:02:09 PM »

enjoy vegas tony, especially the Orleans card room

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #56421 on: July 29, 2023, 08:11:35 AM »

enjoy yourself tikay
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56422 on: July 29, 2023, 08:32:55 AM »

Thanks Carl, Simon & Sir doubleup.

Well after chirping how perfect life is now & how I'm full-on chilled every day I got my payback yesterday big time. I had some computer problems, & that unsettled me especially as I'm about to head overseas for a few weeks. So I tried to solve them. Truly, every time I had two options I chose the wrong one & I just kept digging. Decided to pop to Leeds HQ to get them sorted. 80 minutes by train, or just over an hour by car? No brainer, car. The 1 hour drive north took 3 hours, the return journey 10 minutes less. I parked my car in a big Multi & when I got back it had been stolen. WTF? I went to the Security Man & he scanned the cameras for me & managed to locate it. Some bugger had moved it up 2 floors, & incredibly, moved the car next to it as well, as the same car was still parked adjacent to mine.

The laptop boffins decided I needed a new one so that took a while. The new one is sleek & shiny but I've now lost all my saved Passwords. And it's got a fancy new "touch-pad" which I'm struggling to use.

I had booked a cheapo IBIS hotel near Heathrow to stay over last night, planned to get there at around 6pm. Actually got there at a minute to midnight.  

My stress levels were right off the chart. That'll teach me to chirp how chilled I am every day.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 09:22:38 AM by tikay » Logged

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56423 on: July 29, 2023, 09:13:19 AM »

Have a great time.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56424 on: July 29, 2023, 09:22:22 AM »

All that updating broke the laptop  Cheesy

Enjoy Vegas, glad things are good.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56425 on: July 29, 2023, 09:24:05 AM »

Ahh Mr Vinni. Been so long since you posted I thought you'd left blonde.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #56426 on: July 29, 2023, 09:48:39 AM »

Safe flight, Tikay. Enjoy Vegas.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56427 on: July 29, 2023, 11:20:02 AM »

Ahh Mr Vinni. Been so long since you posted I thought you'd left blonde.

Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56428 on: July 29, 2023, 09:16:29 PM »

Have a great time.

This Cheesy

Safe flight and loved the updates.

Glad Phil is doing well, and likewise Mr Cupcake.

Haven't seen John since the Vic just after his WSOP score.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #56429 on: July 30, 2023, 07:47:30 AM »

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks updates

Have a great time and spoil Gill please
Pages: 1 ... 3758 3759 3760 3761 [3762] 3763 3764 3765 3766 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: