blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:10:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1333 1334 1335 1336 [1337] 1338 1339 1340 1341 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6366605 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20040 on: December 14, 2010, 03:11:19 PM »

Office etiquette is so different, too. Everyone seems to have those ridic "ring tones" on their 'phones, (surely only children would enjoy such nonsense?) & it drives me a bit potty to hear them all going off. After xty years of telling peeps what they can & cannot do - if Facebook has been invented in "my day" & I caught a staffer messing about on it in working hours, I'd sack them like a dog on the bloody spot - but now I'm just a nothing, a water-carrier at the bottom of the food chain. So I just sit here quietly & get on with my work, saying nothing. All very perplexing, different, & deffo fun. What an adventure Sky has been for me.

This tale reminded me of the old chap in Shawshank Redemption who cannot cope with the outside world when he gets parole, when he's polite to customers in the supermarket where he gets a job, and the boss just tells him to basically forget that, and hurry up...

you left out the part where the old timer went back to his room and hung himself.

what are you trying to say?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Dino

View Profile
« Reply #20041 on: December 14, 2010, 03:18:17 PM »

edit: got my dates wrong.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 03:34:35 PM by Dino » Logged
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #20042 on: December 14, 2010, 03:19:40 PM »

Office etiquette is so different, too. Everyone seems to have those ridic "ring tones" on their 'phones, (surely only children would enjoy such nonsense?) & it drives me a bit potty to hear them all going off. After xty years of telling peeps what they can & cannot do - if Facebook has been invented in "my day" & I caught a staffer messing about on it in working hours, I'd sack them like a dog on the bloody spot - but now I'm just a nothing, a water-carrier at the bottom of the food chain. So I just sit here quietly & get on with my work, saying nothing. All very perplexing, different, & deffo fun. What an adventure Sky has been for me.

This tale reminded me of the old chap in Shawshank Redemption who cannot cope with the outside world when he gets parole, when he's polite to customers in the supermarket where he gets a job, and the boss just tells him to basically forget that, and hurry up...

you left out the part where the old timer went back to his room and hung himself.

what are you trying to say?

He thought about it, but didn't want to miss the staff xmas party.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20043 on: December 14, 2010, 03:26:46 PM »

Stsrbucks Coffee Shops are now dispensing "to-go" Coffee in Christmas Branded containers. Holly, & Father Christmas, & stuff, on it. Do they really think that will sell more coffee? Or impress me?

Fosse Park Shopping Centre in Leicester is bedecked by Xmas Decorations. Right, I'll go there & spend money I would otherwise have spent in Meadowhall, or the Luton Arndale, or wherever. Not.

The office here, & every other office here, has been vandalised by the appearance of Xmas trees & decorations eveywhere? Meaning WHAT?

That woman was in the Canteen - sorry - Staff Restaurant - again today, playing the sickeningly cheesy "White Christmas" on a Hirdy-Girdie. WTF?

Every Table in the Restaurant has Christmas Crackers on? Why?

Everyone I see repeats the same thing. "If I don't see you before, have a nice Christmas". Yes, yes. I think convention requires me to say the same thing back. I just smile wanly.

And tomorrow is the absolute nadir of 2010, THE worst day of the year by a very long way. The Staff Xmas Party. In Leeds, of all places. Leeds! All the Staff, Presenters, & Analysts are going up by train from Kings Cross. I've swerved the train & will drive the 250 miles each way, better to sneak out of the party the moment the meal ends, & before the bloody music starts.  I edged out of the room at about 9.30 the year before last, & 9pm last year. The Target is 8.45 this year. Fair to assume everyobne will be half-bladdered by then anyway.

Life's a bitch, then Christmas arrives.

Bah, Humbug

fyp

Have a guess what my kid's school Christmas play was this year?

He loves it really.  Gives him something to moan about:

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Hawk

View Profile
« Reply #20044 on: December 14, 2010, 04:09:10 PM »

Stsrbucks Coffee Shops are now dispensing "to-go" Coffee in Christmas Branded containers. Holly, & Father Christmas, & stuff, on it. Do they really think that will sell more coffee? Or impress me?

Fosse Park Shopping Centre in Leicester is bedecked by Xmas Decorations. Right, I'll go there & spend money I would otherwise have spent in Meadowhall, or the Luton Arndale, or wherever. Not.

The office here, & every other office here, has been vandalised by the appearance of Xmas trees & decorations eveywhere? Meaning WHAT?

That woman was in the Canteen - sorry - Staff Restaurant - again today, playing the sickeningly cheesy "White Christmas" on a Hirdy-Girdie. WTF?

Every Table in the Restaurant has Christmas Crackers on? Why?

Everyone I see repeats the same thing. "If I don't see you before, have a nice Christmas". Yes, yes. I think convention requires me to say the same thing back. I just smile wanly.

And tomorrow is the absolute nadir of 2010, THE worst day of the year by a very long way. The Staff Xmas Party. In Leeds, of all places. Leeds! All the Staff, Presenters, & Analysts are going up by train from Kings Cross. I've swerved the train & will drive the 250 miles each way, better to sneak out of the party the moment the meal ends, & before the bloody music starts.  I edged out of the room at about 9.30 the year before last, & 9pm last year. The Target is 8.45 this year. Fair to assume everyobne will be half-bladdered by then anyway.

Life's a bitch, then Christmas arrives.

So you wont be popping in for a roast on the 25th then
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:15:27 PM by Hawk » Logged

"Golf is a game that can't be won, only played"

"Look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but I am thinking, 'I am going to bury you"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20045 on: December 14, 2010, 05:02:36 PM »

As I was driving home this evening, I noticed a lone tree that had been decorated with a few baubles.

Stopping for a better look, I walked slowly around it's base as it stood stiffly to attention. It was fairly old, a bit gnarled, and it seemed to resent being forced to pay homage to the festive season.

For some reason, it made me think of you.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 05:05:30 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20046 on: December 14, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »

"Trip5" is here - Irene!

Wow, nice to see you, young Lady.

Irene is a Bradford City Supporter, lol The only blonde she knows directly, I think, is Maureen, The Nun, as both met at a little charity Event we all attended in Halifax a few months ago. Well, Hipperholme, to be precise.

Irene holds the distinction of being, possibly, the worst Omaha player ever born. And then some.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #20047 on: December 14, 2010, 05:23:31 PM »

This is very unfair... I'm a much better Omaha plo8 player than either Richard orford or Richard bacon!!! Ffs... Can't even get away with a bit of stealth like under the radar stalking these days!!!
Hellllllloooooooo everyone at blonde, very lovely to make your acquaintance.... I feel this could be the start of a beautiful (if slightly unorthodox) pairing ;o)
P.s. You don't honestly think teek is going to make the Christmas party do you??? He's doing his snow dance as I post!!!
Xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20048 on: December 14, 2010, 05:25:24 PM »

Hello TRIP5. Have we met at SPTs?

p.s Richard Bacon plays Omaha?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TRIP5

View Profile
« Reply #20049 on: December 14, 2010, 05:37:06 PM »

Oooooo morning tighty!!!

We may well have met, I went to the 09/10 final at dtd and I popped along to Blackpool briefly...am going to Newcastle, Leeds and dtd again this year, how about you?? Are you planning to go along this year pal??
Hugs Irene xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #20050 on: December 14, 2010, 05:38:11 PM »

And tomorrow is the absolute nadir of 2010, THE worst day of the year by a very long way. The Staff Xmas Party. In Leeds, of all places. Leeds! All the Staff, Presenters, & Analysts are going up by train from Kings Cross.

Wow, how many Sky employees in Yorkshire?!

I guess Sky pay for everything......obviously making too much money. Smiley

I was looking for somewhere to take my guys out in West London and stumbled upon this at Syon Park ( you could walk there, so perfect for you next year ;-) )

http://www.bestpartiesever.com/christmas-parties/christmas-parties-london/christmas-parties-London_intro.html
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20051 on: December 14, 2010, 05:38:26 PM »

Oooooo morning tighty!!!

We may well have met, I went to the 09/10 final at dtd and I popped along to Blackpool briefly...am going to Newcastle, Leeds and dtd again this year, how about you?? Are you planning to go along this year pal??
Hugs Irene xx

Morning?

Yes in a moment of weakness Sky gave me the gig again of doing this Tour, so I will see you there.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TRIP5

View Profile
« Reply #20052 on: December 14, 2010, 06:00:47 PM »

It's always morning...isn't it?Huh? Well it is the way my sleep pattern is!!

Nice one, come and say hello at Newcastle..I'll be the one propping up the bar ;o)

Xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #20053 on: December 14, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »

It's always morning...isn't it?Huh? Well it is the way my sleep pattern is!!

Nice one, come and say hello at Newcastle..I'll be the one propping up the bar ;o)

Xx

hello and welcome Irene.  you'll fit in fine round here Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20054 on: December 14, 2010, 06:32:38 PM »

A woman blonde member that supports Bradford?

Has anyone told Girgy?

Welcome to blonde.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 1333 1334 1335 1336 [1337] 1338 1339 1340 1341 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: